Also, if this is a new playthrough, why aren't you using Ricken?

I have many reasons from just me being awkward to me hating Ricken's guts but yeah.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with your pairings per say, but you might run in to some issues which I will expound upon below. First, what is your avatar's asset/flaw. Below are the suggested children classes:

Chrom!Inigo: A hero or sniper

Stahl!Severa: Hero

Henry!Cynthia: Dark Flier

Ricken!Owain: Sage

The problem with pairing Chrom with Olivia is that you essentially "lose" an apotheosis capable attack pair, because you want Olivia unpaired in order to make use of her dance, so Chrom is going to be stuck as a paladin or bow knight ferrying around supplies with the convoy. The pairing is only really done to have a Chrom fathered Inigo, making use of Chrom's Luna as well as RFK inheritance for street pass. Chrom is better paired with Sumia to maximize Aether inheritance, in the form of Sumia!Lucina!Morgan, and Sumia is Chrom's best wife for combat. Stahl!Severa is good, but has fallen out of favor in recent times. Severa can make better use of Virion (as a Wyvern Lord or Dark Flier), Lon'qu (as a Wyvern Lord), or even Vaike (high strength hero with luna). This also frees up Stahl to father someone like Inigo, Gerome, or Yarne. That said, there is nothing horribly wrong with your pairings, all the pairings you have listed are more than workable.

Alright, first of all, thanks.

I was under the impression that Olivia gives the best Lucina, but I know Sumia is good too. A Sumia!Lucina has +5skl/spd, but nothing else imms. And, I didn't really imagine Chrom would be upermost useful in apotheosis. But, I see that A chrom and Sumia duo is the best thing for combat for them (bar Mu, they are the second best unit in the game always, next to Morgan). So, I can see that, but, max Aether possibilitys is a good idea.

And Severa!Stahl is what I think is the best pairing for Sev. Well, Lq is great too, but which is better for a physical Severa?

Could you give me a list of the best parent pairings and child classes, if you don't mind? Thanks, though!

As Ownagepuffs said there isn't a 'best' per say but some pairings are more optimal then others.

Instead of double posting I decided to edit.

Anyways is Freddy good for Brady?

Edited by Azz01

On an unrelated note, all runs that use Nah are 7:2.

Not necessarily. I've used Nah in small teams before.

I was under the impression that Olivia gives the best Lucina, but I know Sumia is good too. A Sumia!Lucina has +5skl/spd, but nothing else imms. And, I didn't really imagine Chrom would be upermost useful in apotheosis. But, I see that A chrom and Sumia duo is the best thing for combat for them (bar Mu, they are the second best unit in the game always, next to Morgan). So, I can see that, but, max Aether possibilitys is a good idea.

And Severa!Stahl is what I think is the best pairing for Sev. Well, Lq is great too, but which is better for a physical Severa?

Could you give me a list of the best parent pairings and child classes, if you don't mind? Thanks, though!

Sumia!Lucina has +1/4/5 Mag/Skl/Spd and Tomefaire. Olivia!Lucina has +1/3/3 Mag/Skl/Spd and no Tomefaire. Olivia!Lucina has SF and +2 Str, but Lucina doesn't care about those.

Chrom... Kind of is. I consider him to be the best unit in the game. There are quite a few things he can do that Avatar and Morgan can't, and almost nothing he can't do himself. Either way, Chrom x Sumia gives a bigger return than Chrom x Avatar because that makes Morgan reek.

Vaike!Severa outdamages Stahl significantly due to +1 Str/Spd, but is slightly more restricted in class options. Lon'qu!Severa and Virion!Severa both can be 75 Spd Wyvern Lords, which pretty much have the best physical offense in the game, as well as significant secondary options (Virion!Severa can be a Tomefaire DF, and Lon'qu!Severa reaches 75 Spd as a Hero with any pairup). Stahl!Severa... Makes a better Paladin/Sniper but has hideous hair and fails to capitalize on Severa's real utility: her Spd. I don't like her.

There's no such thing as optimal pairings, but here's a general cookie-cutter list:

Chrom x Sumia/Maribelle/Olivia

Lissa x Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Sully x Donnel/Gaius

Miriel x Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken/Gregor/Libra/Henry

Sumia x Chrom/Henry

Maribelle x Chrom/Virion/Lon'qu/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Panne x Fred/Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Gregor/Henry

Cordelia x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Lon'qu/Ricken

Nowi x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Ricken/Gregor/Henry

Tharja x Donnel/Gaius

Olivia x Chrom/Fred/Stahl/Ricken/Libra/Henry

Cherche x Virion/Vaike/Stahl/Gregor/Henry

Every pairing on there has what it takes to produce a child who has everything they want while not have a guaranteed chance of crippling any other children. That's not to say that they're all equally as good, there are both very fringe pairings there (Stahl!Laurent is very rare, while Chrom!Cynthia is incredibly good, for example).

Also, don't listen to anything you see on GameFAQs. A lot of those pairings you asked about are ones that are commonly pushed by bandwagoners there as the best thing ever.

Anyways is Freddy good for Brady?

No. He gives -2 to both of the mods Brady cares about (Mag and Spd) and gives him no new useful end classes/skills.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Okay thinking about swapping some of my pairings:

Lissa x Stahl=Big ifference from Henry but I decided that Brady should have him.

Miriel x Libra=Basically just gives him peist but better Mag mods then Kellam.This may also make me want to use Laurent.

Maribelle x Henry=I wanted Sorc for Brady anyways and it gives him more such as axefaire in case I want him as a War Monk.(Which I probarbly won't do but it is still an opton)

Cordelia x Freddy=I guess for a more tanky Hero Severa and while she loses speed and myrmidon she still is awesome.

Critique and also tell me if I should stick with my original pairings.

Okay stating a new playthrough after completeing my previous one with my horrible pairings.

My pairings:

Chrom x Sumia-For an awesome Lucina and Cynthia

Lissa x Henry-For a both physical and magical Owain

Olivia x Azz(MU +Str/-Luk)-For a godly Inigo and adorable Morgan

Maribelle x Libra-For a Brady with access to Sorc in case I want to Nosfertank

Sully x Donnel-My usual Kjelle,I also like Sully and Donnel's ending

Cordelia x Stahl-The awesome Sevear as per usual and Cordelia x Stahl is adorable

Cherche x Gregor-My usual

Panne x Lon'qu-It was suggested

Miriel x Kellam-I want Laurent to have access to priest so I don't have to pass Renewal and can pass DS+ from Miriel(Stupid reason but eh,I am not gonna use him anyways)

Tharja x Gaius-My favourite pairing for Tharja and this makes my second favourite Noire(After MU)

Nowi x Vaike-For Nah,destroyer of worlds

Any critique?(Also sorry if this is consindered a bump but the topic is just two days old)

Snip

Alright, great point with Lucina!Olivia and Lucina!Sumia. But, I was thinking of keeping Lucy as a Great Lord, because overall I prefer it. But, it's not all preference determined, so I won't be blinded. Which gives a better morgan, btw?

Could you try and list a few childunits, that're listed with classes, parents and skills? So I can maybe think about who I should pair and work on it?

Also, noted with GameFaqs. I plan to stick around here, not just as a forum person, but as a friend.

back to Lucina, she does clearly have a better skill set with Sumia, it would seem. Though, Vantage does seem great. I wouldn't expect astra to work good in tandem, would it with Aether?

Okay thinking about swapping some of my pairings:

Lissa x Stahl=Big ifference from Henry but I decided that Brady should have him.

Miriel x Libra=Basically just gives him peist but better Mag mods then Kellam.This may also make me want to use Laurent.

Maribelle x Henry=I wanted Sorc for Brady anyways and it gives him more such as axefaire in case I want him as a War Monk.(Which I probarbly won't do but it is still an opton)

Cordelia x Freddy=I guess for a more tanky Hero Severa and while she loses speed and myrmidon she still is awesome.

Critique and also tell me if I should stick with my original pairings.

You are jumping through crazy uncomfortable hoops to justify your unexplained hatred of Ricken. He's the best magical father in the game, not using him seems impossible to justify. Explain why you hate him and I can help you find workarounds.

Alright, great point with Lucina!Olivia and Lucina!Sumia. But, I was thinking of keeping Lucy as a Great Lord, because overall I prefer it. But, it's not all preference determined, so I won't be blinded. Which gives a better morgan, btw?

Could you try and list a few childunits, that're listed with classes, parents and skills? So I can maybe think about who I should pair and work on it?

Also, noted with GameFaqs. I plan to stick around here, not just as a forum person, but as a friend.

back to Lucina, she does clearly have a better skill set with Sumia, it would seem. Though, Vantage does seem great. I wouldn't expect astra to work good in tandem, would it with Aether?

Lmfao GFaqs. Where dancers are obsoleted by galeforce and Lyn is a good unit.

Great Lord Sumia!Lucina is pretty bomb for any and all challenge runs because of her massive spd stat (can you say 60 Spd without rallies or limit break?).

As far as Lucina!Morgans are concerned, there is really not much difference between them. Sumia!Lucina gives more Spd and Skl which matter more than the other stats for post game so it probably edges out Olivia!Lucina for Morgan.

Astra and Aether both have activation rates of [skill/2 %] so it's not a good idea to stack them. Better to have Luna + Aether. The math gets real messy real fast, but just trust me on that one. Vantage is more is less.... worthless. Unless you couple it with Vengeance or a crit build, that is.

Okay so I'll just go ahead and talk about the cookie cutter pairings Czar_Yoshi posted.

With a few exceptions, most kids work well in the promoted version of their base class. The exceptions are Kjelle, Owain, Yarne, Nah, and a few specific pairings.

Lmfao GFaqs. Where dancers are obsoleted by galeforce and Lyn is a good unit.

Great Lord Sumia!Lucina is pretty bomb for any and all challenge runs because of her massive spd stat (can you say 60 Spd without rallies or limit break?).

As far as Lucina!Morgans are concerned, there is really not much difference between them. Sumia!Lucina gives more Spd and Skl which matter more than the other stats for post game so it probably edges out Olivia!Lucina for Morgan.

Astra and Aether both have activation rates of [skill/2 %] so it's not a good idea to stack them. Better to have Luna + Aether. The math gets real messy real fast, but just trust me on that one. Vantage is more is less.... worthless. Unless you couple it with Vengeance or a crit build, that is.

Okay so I'll just go ahead and talk about the cookie cutter pairings Czar_Yoshi posted.

With a few exceptions, most kids work well in the promoted version of their base class. The exceptions are Kjelle, Owain, Yarne, Nah, and a few specific pairings.

Isn't Grandmaster pretty bad too apart from pairup bonuses? That's what I heard. I mean its stat total is inferior to the similar dread fighter.

Isn't Grandmaster pretty bad too apart from pairup bonuses? That's what I heard. I mean its stat total is inferior to the similar dread fighter.

Due to it's pair up bonuses alone I wouldn't say Grandmaster is a bad class. It's functionally identical to Dread Fighter in that it is one of the few non female classes that gives a boost to magic and speed. It's a cool niche in that it works with everything and everything works with it. It's biggest problem lies in its distribution. Every character who has access to it would rather be something else.

Let's put it this way: nobody but Yarne, Gerome and Laurent can stand Fred's -Spd modifier due to being hard supports. Of those, Gerome will have no Faires and Laurent hates the -Mag, leaving Yarne as the only one who isn't overall hurt by Fred- Inigo also likes him due to his skillset being good enough on him to justify the -Spd.

Anybody but Inigo and Yarne will not want Fred as a father. He's either outright eclipsed by someone else or his perks aren't enough to make up for his detriments, and often both. In Severa's case, Stahl will give you two more Spd while retaining Luna and Paladin, and Vaike will give one more Str and three more Spd while retaining Luna and, if you care, General. Severa doesn't care about Fred's Wyvern because she's too slow to put it to its best use- Lon'qu and Virion make much better Severas.

Tanking isn't very important, by the way. If you do want to do it, you really should look into at least 5 or so Def. Fred!Severa's 3 isn't very impressive.

But, I was thinking of keeping Lucy as a Great Lord, because overall I prefer it.

Then use Lancefaire, which all (decent) Lucinas get.

Maybe. But it looks cool enough to warrant spending some of your team's leeway on using.

+Mag/Spd on a male is also pretty rare. You'd be competing with Trickster (5 less Atk), DF (1 less +Mag/Spd), and... That's about it, I think.

Okay I know I have been posting here a lot and I promise this will be the lsat time.

So anyways,I don't plan on making the ultra,super,killer street pass team but a team that can beat Apothesis(I don't think I spelled that right).As for final classes,well I already have base final classes but I will change their classed depending on the situation.

Okay I also am using Ricken cause I used the complete max stat calculator to see what Owain would look like as a Swordmaster/Dread Fighter and they were pretty good(Don't judge me).Anyways here they are(Mostly unchanged):

Chrom x Sumia=For Lucina(Final Class Great Lord) and Cynthia(Final Class Falcon Knight but will change in case I need her to be magically offensive to Dark Flier)

Ricken(Don't judge me) x Lissa=For Owain(Final Class Dread Fighter but he will always be a Swordmaster at heart)

Azz(MU +Str/-Lck) x Olivia=Adorable Morgan(Final class Grandmaster but could be sage for staffbotting in Apothesis) and Godly Inigo(A hero)

Henry x Maribelle=For a Brady (with access to Sorc and Axefaire I could make a pretty good War Monk w/Bolt axe)

Donnel x Sully=For my usual Kjelle(She will,like Owain,be a General at heart but I could make her a FK for staffbotting or something else like Paladin for Apothesis)

Stahl x Cordelia=The cookie cutter Severa(Hero)

Gregor x Cherche=My norm Gerome(Wyvern Lord)

Freddy x Panne=For good supportive Yarne(Taguel normally,but Griffon Rider for Apothesis or the challenge pack DLC)

Libra x Miriel=Cause I want preist on Laurent for both DS+(from Miriel) and Renewal.(Sage final class)

Gaius x Tharja=For Noire with access to GF(Sniper)

Vaike x Nowi=For the death lord Nah(Manakete)

Critique.(Also again don judged me from suddenly hating Ricken to decideing to use him)

You can post in this thread as much as you wish. It wouldn't be much of a help thread if we put a hard cap on how many times someone could ask for help.

Yarne would rather be a berserker than a Taguel.

Vaike!Nowi likes Hero more than Manakete. Have Vaike pass axefaire and go wild.

Libra x Miriel is kinda lame since Laurent likes Vantage. But hey if you want him to be a priest then it's your call.

You can post in this thread as much as you wish. It wouldn't be much of a help thread if we put a hard cap on how many times someone could ask for help.

Yarne would rather be a berserker than a Taguel.

Vaike!Nowi likes Hero more than Manakete. Have Vaike pass axefaire and go wild.

Libra x Miriel is kinda lame since Laurent likes Vantage. But hey if you want him to be a priest then it's your call.

Thanks and yes I know some are better in other classes but I am that person that likes 'canonical' stuff.And plus I won't be using them as their 'canonicla' classes for DLC since well that won't be very good.

Alright, so far it seems better.

So, I think I'm going to do Lucina!Sumia. But, who should be with Olivia?

Also, Gaius!Noire, Stahl!Severa(hero) Ricken!Owain seem like what I'm going to do. Is that good?

And, for Nah; who should be the father? A tanky Nah would be nice if Nah!Kellam, but no Gf is sad. But, does Mankate Nah benefit from Gf?

Who should be Laurnet's father? And, I know Yarne is better as a beserker, but who should be his dad?

Alright, so far it seems better.

Also, Gaius!Noire, Stahl!Severa(hero) Ricken!Owain seem like what I'm going to do. Is that good?

And, for Nah; who should be the father? A tanky Nah would be nice if Nah!Kellam, but no Gf is sad. But, does Mankate Nah benefit from Gf?

Who should be Laurnet's father? And, I know Yarne is better as a beserker, but who should be his dad?

Olivia should go with Freddy which would grant Inigo Luna which is great for him.

Gaius!Noire is great and my second fav Noire(After MU!Noire),Ricken!Owain is also very good and makes a great Dread Fighter Owain and Stahl is probarbly the best dad for Severa and she makes a great Hero anyways.

Vaike makes a great dad for a Manakete Nah and so does Kellam but I prefer Vaike.Nah really dosen't need GF.

I don't have much experience with Laurent so I can't comment.

As for Panne Lon'qu is good but many just use this pairing as M Morgan fodder,I like Kellam!Yarne but I don't think many others do like me.Freddy!Yarne is also pretty good.

I may not be best when it comes to this as I recently ust started pairing up units to make good kids intentionally,so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Stahl is probarbly the best dad for Severa

A unit as versatile as Severa doesn't automatically just get a "best" father. Why do you say he's the best?

Inigo takes to Stahl very nicely, and is also a good use of Frederick- who is nearly always free thanks to being in low demand. Magically, Ricken or either of the Vengeance dads can set him up.

Gaius!Noire has everything she needs but not much extra- she won't leave you wanting but she also doesn't contribute anything to your team's overall diversity and just gives you more porc/GF attacks. Stahl!Severa can make a nice Luna Paladin but otherwise doesn't stand out in Apo- all of her sets tend to be eclipsed completely by other fathers due to Stahl failing to capitalize on Severa's Spd. Ricken!Owain is great.

Nah does like GF, but she can also get by without it. Bear in mind that without it, she'll primarily be a hard support, and thus needs a Brave weapon (tanking doesn't work in Apo, don't bother with it). Her most useful non-GF set (and most useful in general) comes from Henry, who gives her Valkyrie to go with her natural TF (giving her a +Mag/Spd tome using class) and a pile of Auras, with Vaike!Nah close behind, sporting a good deal more raw power with a +5 Str mod, Axefaire and a choice of Hero and Genral.

If Laurent is married to Lucina, he'll likely want a Vantage father because VVDS+ is a pretty potent combo (even though it doesn't do anything useful, it can still be fun to watch one pair rip through annoying stuff). In addition to providing Vantage, Gregor suits him all around, both ingame and postgame and is generally a very wise choice. Barring that, go with anyone who boosts Mag- Ricken is the best due to giving +2, followed by Libra who gives +1 but only one class, followed by Henry who gives +1 and more classes but is also the highest in demand father in the game. If Yarne wants to go Berserker, he'd really like a dad who gives Hit+20: Virion and Stahl are the obvious choices. Stahl provides a bit more power and lots of fun classes for non-Apo postgame, while Virion provides a bit more Skl and gives Wyvern, allowing Yarne's inheritance from Panne to not matter (useful, since she has multiple skills he'd like to have available).

A unit as versatile as Severa doesn't automatically just get a "best" father. Why do you say he's the best?

Well just from reading all over the internet and I mean everywhere(here when I was lurking,Gamefaqs(I don't like them because they tend to be a cluster fuck),Reddit,other forums dedicated to FE etc.) and they all say Stahl!Severa is best because she gets everything she will ever need from Stahl.

While there probarbly is better I just never bothered experimenting because it was so well recommened and all else was forbidden but MU.Keep in mind I was an a big nub(which is really no excuse,I don't nknow why I am using it as one) and belived Gamefaqs was the God of suggestions.Also they were always the first results.

That is why really(Probarbly a really stupid reason but yeah.)

Als another question,based on my pairs,what should I pass down?

I was thinking:

Chrom x Sumia=Aether cause it is fixed and Galeforce cause I don't want to have to bring the girls down a class that isn't their final class.

Ricken x Lissa=Well GF from Lissa but what from Ricken?I was thinking Aegis so Owain dosen't have to delve into Paladin(Also I know this is stupid cause Owain isn't defensive but I am going to be doing a lot of grinding a.ka getting all possible skills for each character -DLC so tis will make it easier)

MU x Olivia=GF from Olivia and I was also thinking Rally Strenght for Morgan so she can be a Rally Bot in Apo if needs be and possiblySwordfaire for Inigo just to make things easier for him in his paralouge.

Henry x Maribelle=GF and maybe counter for the hell of it.

Donnel x Sully=I was thinking Aptitude but I am grinding so that may be pointless and Aegis from Sully cause I don't plan on using a Paladin!Kjelle

Stahl x Cordelia=GF and SF,other suggestions?

Gregor x Cherche=Bowbreaker so he does not die in his paralouge and DS+ cause it is really the only good thing Cherche can pass down he can't get himself.

Freddy x Yarne=At first I was gunna give him something from GR but then again he has that from Freddy so I was thing Aegis or Pavise from Fred and Acrobat from Panne or something else that is a Lv.15 skill.

Libra x Miriel=Renewal and DS+

Gaius x Tharja=Sol(Male exclusive) and Pavise or Lifetaker.

Vaike x Nowi=Axefaire so I can possibly use a Hero Nah for Apo and Lifetaker or something else from Nowi.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Azz01

It doesn't really matter in the long run, but you probably want Ricken to pass down Luna, not Aegis, because Owain definitely wants Luna, and Paladin's probably a better class to go through instead of Great Knight.

Edited by Alastor15243

Stahl!Severa is strong but is also from a time where Virion was considered a bad father. Information from that time was kinda skewed.

Oh, there are plenty of reasons why she was considered the best- extra emphasis on was.

The original state of the metagame- Sorc+Sol/AT or VVW (Vantage/Vengeance/Wrath)- sprang up because EP tanking worked for ingame, and since Awakening's DLC took quite a while to be released nobody had Apo to bang their heads against. All of those teams got absolutely destroyed by Apo because Nos doesn't work there and critstacking is a thing that needs more than one skill of commitment. This is where Apo's difficulty rap came from- people with teams that were terribly suited to fighting it would throw their Nostanks to the Nightmare Sniper or leave them in range of a 1-range Counter Warrior and get wrecked.

Eventually, people figured out how to get past that: use Luna+Braves to get kills, Galeforce to run away after getting kills, and DG+ to help prevent damage from racking up. Someone used this method, combined with a few Rescue Staves, to clear Apo without Limit Break (something previously considered impossible). Thus the birth of the GDL meta, where absolutely nothing matters but those three skills and being in a class that can use Brave weapons- final classes, opportunity cost, stat thresholds, movement, secondary procs, and everything else was considered completely irrelevant. And while this technically works extremely well for getting reliable clears, it's extremely boring, inefficient, and a waste of potential. If you want to see what I mean, there's a link to a really bad video doing just that in Endgame's old guide.

Stahl!Severa, incidentally, had just about everything needed to fit into either camp- she had her skills and a class to use them in (Dark Flier- usually running AT as the fifth skill), but also had Sol/AT and Sorc for good old ingame utility. Wrath was missing, but nobody particularly cared (incidentally, this is how Gregor!Laurent's popularity started- VVW- he just performs well enough in other roles in Apo and his parents are so good together ingame that he's managed to stay highly relevant). As the best of both worlds, nobody could see anything better for Severa than Stahl (None of the other Luna fathers gave Vantage). Amusingly, prior to the Stahl!Severa craze Lon'qu!Severa was all the rage, thanks to her high Spd (for dodgetanking), low Def (for more damage taken -> more Vengeance power -> more HP recovered with Nos, which doesn't actually add up) and Vantage. Now she's back on top thanks to Vengeance becoming a useful alternative to Luna.

Well just from reading all over the internet and I mean everywhere(here when I was lurking,Gamefaqs(I don't like them because they tend to be a cluster fuck),Reddit,other forums dedicated to FE etc.) and they all say Stahl!Severa is best because she gets everything she will ever need from Stahl.

Yes, they do. Most of them haven't moved past GDL yet. That's also partly search engines' faults for turning up old posts- this very thread has a lot of old rubbish in.

Regardless of that, being good at making teams isn't about being familiar with the hot new thing, it's about being able to justify why you do what you do in terms of gameplay. I like making aesthetically pleasing teams- nobody wants to run around with ten Sages paired with ten Dark Fliers all with the same skillsets, or anything like that. But in order to, say, add some Falcos to my team (I happen to like Falco as a class, even though they're not very good combat units), I need to figure out what they can contribute that nobody else can, and use them to their maximum potential.

Basically, think about why you're doing what you're doing. "Just because" is technically a reason, but odds are it's not as compelling as some of the reasons out there for other builds. Doing things because you've heard they work isn't that great because there's very little in Awakening that flat-out doesn't work. Doing things you've done before because they've worked in the past also isn't a great reason. Doing things you've done before because you liked how they work? That's a perfect reason.

So take what you want to do and then figure out how to get the most out of it. If you still want to do Stahl!Severa, I'll start throwing out sets for her- she does have a few good ones. But please don't do something for no other reason than that you've heard it works, because everything does.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Snip

Alright, good discussion here. I think I'm using Lq!Severa now. Also, for Owain, isn't it better to use Libra? He gives sorc build, and Owain is better for magic overall. And, for the bench people, should it be Virion?

So far, here are my pairings:

Me and Lucina (personal mostly, but God Morgan is great too)

Chrom X Sumia
Cordelia X Stahl/LQ
Sully X Donny
Tharja X Gaius
Nowi X Kellam
Lissa X Libra
Maribelle X Henry
Is this suffice and good? Should I change it around?

Libra is fine on Owain. You won't see any big advantages from using him over Ricken unless he's married to Lucina, but you also won't see any disadvantages (unless you don't like Vengeance as a proc).

There's nothing wrong with that team and it'll generally serve you fine. However, Virion has a lot of potential on quite a lot of children (including Yarne and Gerome, neither of which I see here) so it seems like a shame to bench him.