1. 1. Do you like Chrom?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How good is Chrom?

• The Best!
    • He's okay...
    • Just bad..
    • The Worst Ever!
  3. 3. Do you use Chrom? Besides his mandatory presence.

• Yes
    • No

Do you like Chrom?

Do you actually use Chrom?

I know he's required for every chapter/paralogue, and almost every xenologue, but...

Does anyone here actually like him?

I find Chrom to be annoying at times, since I've ever only liked a few Lords.

Honorable mentions to the GBA lords:

Eirika_Lord.gifEphraim_%28Lord%29.gifLyn_lord_sword.gifEliwood_lord_sword_normal.gifhector_lord_axe.gif

Edited by Alvitazi

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neutral towards him as a character, don't really care much. Fond of the t2 design though because ARMOR. Train until Lucina's born and then shove in the back because he never gets strength on the runs that matter anyway

like dude you have 65% str growth supposedly please put that to use thanks?

0/10 unit hate using

So we have Chrom copying Ike who is copying Leif?

Last I checked, Ike was based off of Hector (partly, at least). :/

Anyway, no, I don't like Chrom. I wanted to, but he disappointed me. He's a bland and boring Ike-wannabe. But considering how in love I've always been with Ike, I feel I'm always going to love the original Aether master best. :wub:

But I only use Chrom in the story chapters, because he's forced. Otherwise, I don't.

Ike isn't nearly as bland as Chrom. He had a lot of development and personality in PoR (and still had some personality in RD, imo). Chrom didn't get as much, if you ask me. But this is my opinion.

Also, this thread is making me want to create a "Do you like Frederick?" topic, but I know how it would turn out, so I'm fighting the urge...lol

Edited by Anacybele

It's incontestable in RD, but even in PoR Ike was too much of a robot. He didn't shed a tear when his dad died; he rarely smiled; he rarely expressed any emotions whatsoever apart from getting angry at Sanaki. All he has to his personality is that he's reckless, honorable and generally unemotional.

It's a common issue with all FE lords: they're generally all bland and boring. Hector is one great exception.

It's incontestable in RD, but even in PoR Ike was too much of a robot. He didn't shed a tear when his dad died; he rarely smiled; he rarely expressed any emotions whatsoever apart from getting angry at Sanaki. All he has to his personality is that he's reckless, honorable and generally unemotional.

It's a common issue with all FE lords: they're generally all bland and boring. Hector is one great exception.

Ike didn't cry because he specifically says he just can't. And he still had emotion when his father died. He screamed "DON'T LEAVE ME!" and such and seemed like he came close to crying. I felt really bad for him and even shed a tear myself. And he's expressed more emotion than that. What about when the BK pissed him off the woods? What about when he joked with Ranulf later in the game? What about his utter shock at Volke's revealing how his mother died?

In RD, Ike didn't show as much personality, but that's partly because he had less screentime. I won't argue that he couldn't have still shown more there though.

Hector is the one that's boring, imo. I didn't see anything special about him. Ike felt like a major improvement over him, imo. All Hector ever seems to be is hot-headed and ignorant of details. I admit he's funny with Lyn though (and I ship them).

What also annoys me is when people call Ike a stu for having great skills and fans everywhere in Tellius. He trained a lot to get the skills he has and he EARNED the respect he got from so many people. Which is perfectly reasonable.

Chrom, the only personality I see from him is breaking shit a lot and being a doofus around women sometimes.

Edited by Anacybele

Last I checked, Ike was based off of Hector (partly, at least). :/

According to Word of God. But frankly, I don't see how the two are even remotely similar. Ike seems more based off of Alm if anything.

Anacybele, you can literally count on your hand all the times Ike was emotional in FE9. When his father died, when the BK threatened to kill Mist, and when Sanaki provoked Elincia. I will grant you those. However, joking with Ranulf doesn't count as being emotional, and neither does finding out about his mother--he barely felt anything when he found out about his mother.

However, Hector was emotional in pretty much every chapter. He's not a robot like Ike.

Also, Anacybele, you can still become a Mary Sue in the future regardless of how developed you are.

Hector was emotional, sure, but he only really ever showed like ONE emotion nearly every time. Ike showed different ones.

How was Ike emotionless when he found out about how his mother died? I recall him being quite shocked.

I don't dislike Chrom. I mean, I'm not sure if I'd say that I like him, but I'm all right with him and I don't dislike him, and I do use him all the time.

Eh I like him, but I don't worship him or even think of marrying my Avatar to him (well, only for the support log), I just think he is ok, and I only use him because I don't know who other character to use, still I prefer to use other characters (aka Gerome, Lucina, Gaius, Severa and Inigo)

I like him, marrying him with my Female Avatar when I play as one. I'll be the first to admit he's not the greatest of lords, but I don't find him the worst either and he holds up in gameplay, especially once you get him some useful skills. (Wish he'd gotten a different class than archer, though. Archers... are kinda bad in Awakening, unless you're playing on the higher levels.)