59 members have voted

1. 1. How are Killer weapons?

• Overpowered
    • OK
    • Underpowered
  2. 2. How are Brave weapons?

3. 3. How are legendary weapons?

They have a massive downside in Awakening known as doesn't exist

Or might as well not exist, because really, why give a fuck for an Item that can be used for a grand total of one chapter?

Uh are you talking about brave weapons? Because I don't recall them being very hard to get at all.

I got Erika's Sword on the prologue once when playing the demo before release. Couldn't use it thanks to weapon ranks but still you can get a weapon with brave properties quite literally as soon as you get control of the game.

Edited by Jotari

Not to mention the chance a wandering merchant or a skirmish might sell brave weapons earlier than the shops that are guaranteed to carry them. Awakening's braves were by far the most extremely unbalanced weapon of the game and it made it obvious that if braves aren't super rare, you'll use them nearly by default.

Edited by Samias

I tend to not consider luck based stuff so eh >_>

"Awakening's braves were by far the most extremely unbalanced weapon of the game and it made it obvious that if braves aren't super rare, you'll use them nearby by default."

The problem I have with braves are the fact that it does not change the game that much. Your unit does not exactly have problem killing, and you might still want to use Javelins/HA for the 1-2 Range needs

I get a sort of FE7 Luna vibe from them, except in this case, Braves are actually good but thats just me

Edited by JSND

I like Killer weapons more than Silver ones and think that they should have the same or a higher weapon rank requirement than Silver and/or have significantly have less Mt. Braves definitely need less Mt and/or (as aforementioned) enemies need higher defenses.

I get a sort of FE7 Luna vibe from them, except in this case, Braves are actually good but thats just me

FE7 Luna's amazing in theory. Canas himself is nothing spectacular though, but it's a great option for Athos even when he has Forblaze.

Braves were also balanced with a massive weight back in FE5 (if you count Master weapons, since the Hero weapons vary differently) up until FE10, though arguably the latter two had less weight issues due to Strength replacing Constitution to calculate AS. At least you couldn't forge them too.

Edited by Woodshooter

The problem I have is the fact that most of the time Flux is better than Luna

But then those dicks on Genesis shows up and shut me up

Don't forget those Valks in HHM CoD. Luna Canas goes from barely scratching them to 2HKOing them with substantial crit chance.

I got Erika's Sword on the prologue once when playing the demo before release. Couldn't use it thanks to weapon ranks but still you can get a weapon with brave properties quite literally as soon as you get control of the game.

Not to mention the chance a wandering merchant or a skirmish might sell brave weapons earlier than the shops that are guaranteed to carry them. Awakening's braves were by far the most extremely unbalanced weapon of the game and it made it obvious that if braves aren't super rare, you'll use them nearly by default.

I don't consider either of these good arguments because they're based on random chance.

If you use the wireless menu you can buy braves any time after chapter 4. That's not random at all. But honestly, if you are't forbidding skirmishes and merchants and play the game over the course of a week, you do have a pretty good chance of getting some sort of brave weapon, whether it's Celica's Gale, Eirika's Blade, or any Brave weapon. Plus, Waste becomes buyable a little earlier than braves but it's a little more balanced with its poor accuracy and exclusivity to dark mages/sorcerers.

If you use the wireless menu you can buy braves any time after chapter 4. That's not random at all. But honestly, if you are't forbidding skirmishes and merchants and play the game over the course of a week, you do have a pretty good chance of getting some sort of brave weapon, whether it's Celica's Gale, Eirika's Blade, or any Brave weapon. Plus, Waste becomes buyable a little earlier than braves but it's a little more balanced with its poor accuracy and exclusivity to dark mages/sorcerers.

Perhaps, but I can only buy them in bulk for all of one chapter. WRT Eirika's Blade and Celica's Gale: Those are just two of the 50 items a sparkly tile can yield, which brings luck into the equation again.

I don't consider either of these good arguments because they're based on random chance.

Not a good argument for what? The complaint was that they don't exist in the game and I was merely pointing out that they do exist and, in fact, can be obtained from the very start of the game. The fact that they have a certain degree of randomness to them doesn't detract from the fact that they are more than possible to obtain at an early stage in the game. I'd even argue the randomness isn't a big issue considering that, apart from the sparkling tiles and the peddlers you can get them from the barracks too. And even looking at only sparklys there are 2/50 brave weapons and 2 sparkly spots on each map, chances are you'll get one of them by chapter 13 if your hitting most sparkys.

Not a good argument for what? The complaint was that they don't exist in the game and I was merely pointing out that they do exist and, in fact, can be obtained from the very start of the game. The fact that they have a certain degree of randomness to them doesn't detract from the fact that they are more than possible to obtain at an early stage in the game. I'd even argue the randomness isn't a big issue considering that, apart from the sparkling tiles and the peddlers you can get them from the barracks too. And even looking at only sparklys there are 2/50 brave weapons and 2 sparkly spots on each map, chances are you'll get one of them by chapter 13 if your hitting most sparkys.

It's just not a good argument in general because you're actively trying to undercut the randomness factor. Also, 2/50 still isn't very good odds, especially once you realize that I could get other stuff from the barracks and sparkly tiles.

The point is Luna is great. The user with the most access to it, not so much.

Luna sux. You rarely encounter enemies with more than 7 RES, ergo barely any reason to use it over Flux.