A question about this game (and FE3)

I've read somewhere that this game also has the shadow dragon chapters. Is that true? I started it and it skipped to the prologue, which is after the events of shadow dragon. What's the book 1 and how/ when do I play it? Should I play SD before playing it?

Book 1 is only included in the original FE3 of NES, even then its meant to be a quick re-review of FE1, because it has TONS of cut content compared to the actual FE1

Also they explained some story from SD, and there are one rather spoilerific thing in FE12. If you care about the story, play SD first, but you are not missing much

No it doesn't.

The original Mystery of the Emblem for the Super Famicom (SNES) featured an abridged version of the first Fire Emblem game called "book 1". But not this one.

What the game does feature, are remakes of the BS Fire Emblem chapters. They are unlocked after getting through the prologue.

They were originally available via an addon for the Super Famicom.

Edited by BrightBow

Yes, the graphics of those games sucks. I wish they had kept the GBA art style.

This is pretty much factually false. You might have disliked the style, but the graphics themselves are perfectly fine.

This is pretty much factually false. You might have disliked the style, but the graphics themselves are perfectly fine.

Ok, the art style of those games sucks. I wish they had kept the GBA art style.

Better?

They're on the uncanny valley IMO.

Ok, the art style of those games sucks. I wish they had kept the GBA art style. [/size]

Better?

They're on the uncanny valley IMO.

Much better. I personally quite like the art in them, but then again I don't really dislike or like any FE art particularly (except maybe FE1-3)

I prefer the more vibrant colors of FE12 too. Even if the game was supposed to be more dark, the colors felt pretty drab to me. I like the art style though, it doesn't bother me that much.

there is a wonderful thing called a brightness setting in FE11

but in relation to the OP, there are maps in FE12 that are exactly the same or very similar to some maps in FE11 due to being in the same area geographically, that's probably what you heard