Ike solo of Path of Radiance

I have very recently (yesterday in fact) started trying to do an Ike solo of Path of Radiance. I have Ike do absolutely everything, visit houses, kill enemies, find things in the sand, open chests and doors, and heal himself with vulneraries. I don't use anyone to block (everyone is whatever level they started as when you got them and have 0 kills) Whenever I've had to use other people in the chapter i simply put them where they wont be attacked and unequipped all weapons. Because of soloing, I've had Shinon and Gatrie die on ch. 7, and i have been unable to recruit zihark, devdan, and stefan, since i need other people to recruit them. I've found that the best skill combo (at least until i can get an occult scroll) is vantage-guard. I always attack first, and sometimes cancel the enemies attack. I can say that soloing the game with Ike is quite easy except for chapters 1 and 17. 17 is obvious as to why, and 1 is hard because Ike is so low leveled and using anyone besides Ike would be cheating. Also using Rhys to heal Ike would be cheating.

Any thoughts?

There's a really good guide on the Ike Solo Challenge on GameFAQs.com if you want to check that out. I considered doing it myself but then I gave my copy to a friend to borrow so that he could play it. I may pick it up again someday and give it a try.

You can beef him up with all of your extra items you get and he just becomes an absolute monster from my understanding. Vantage-Guard is a good combo (in my Hard playthrough I gave it to Marcia who was dominant for me), but Vantage-Wrath or Vantage-Resolve is pretty good. Still, I think once you get Aether it's just about necessary to give it to him, because it keeps you alive and dealing out even more damage. Plus you'll need it for Ashnard later.

Forged weapons are a huge help too.

I bet a beefy Ike can take down Naesala in Chapter 19 if you get the jump on him. Be interesting to see, I forgot that he's in that chapter.

Well, even if Ike knows Aether, it isn't 100% guarantee that he'll use it every turn, now is it? And when Ike faces King Naesala, he's just been promoted (at least only one chapter away). I hope you'll make it, but I doubt... But of course you'll writhe here and tell us how it all turned out, right?

Well, it's pretty easy on Normal. I can't see it being much harder on Hard, although Maniac might be a challenge (if you have the Japanese version).

Anyway, I tried one of these, but I got bored since Ike was like Level 20 Ranger by... Chapter 10? >___<

What about the chapters Ike can't do alone? Like the early ones. Do you just have to be a really good strategist?

Use them as meatshields and don't worry about them dying. You have 20> disposable people anyway.

After you promote just dump all the bonus exp. on him so you could get perfect stats AND you have a chance versus Naesala XD.

Oh, I use to save the BEXP until the endgame, so I didn't think of that. But of course, you're right, I can see that now.

After you promote just dump all the bonus exp. on him so you could get perfect stats AND you have a chance versus Naesala XD.

No, Naesala is too fast. Double attack 25+ Damage= Game over. You should just let Reyson and friends come along for the ride. I don't think anybody is gonna look down on you for not killing Naesala in 19.

No, Naesala is too fast. Double attack 25+ Damage= Game over. You should just let Reyson and friends come along for the ride. I don't think anybody is gonna look down on you for not killing Naesala in 19.

*looks down on anyone who doesn't kill him* But by that time you should have more then 2000 bonus exp. shouldn't you? (I'm seriously not sure) and if you do then you could make sure he gets good level ups. I bet that a 20/20 Ike could beat Naesala... Unless Black Knight is weaker then Naesala.

Of course not!

I've done it before. The only challenging part is in the beginning when Ike can't one round anything. After he starts gaining levels it isn't that hard. I actually had him take down Naesela.

Heres a tip, Wrath+resolve>aether.

I've done it before. The only challenging part is in the beginning when Ike can't one round anything. After he starts gaining levels it isn't that hard. I actually had him take down Naesela.

Heres a tip, Wrath+resolve>aether.

How could him possibly take down Naesala alone?!

How could him possibly take down Naesala alone?!

there are many ways.

perhaps the easiest is to BEXP aboose so that you get perfect stats

after all, it is an Ike-only playthrough

there are many ways.

perhaps the easiest is to BEXP aboose so that you get perfect stats

after all, it is an Ike-only playthrough

The stats become better if I use BEXP?

Edited by xanatha