Typography, Assault/Battery Charges and YOU

Aleph

It's not funny ever to those of us who actually deal with racism

i dunno man i mean i've experienced it too and i'm still able to laugh at it all.

not defending NM here, if he was showing sincere racism, but even still what good does it do to ruin a perfectly hilarious topic with a billion replies shunning him? just ignore it.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not saying i hate him though. #love #basedworld you dig?

edit: i dunno man im ok with my friends calling me a faggot or whatever but if some dude i dont know randomly called me a faggot i'd be pretty mad. probably. actually maybe just surprised? but yeah you get it.

nm is 'him'

Edited by Stahlypin

Offended or not what he said was extremely inappropriate and immature, and what the hell are you talking about when it comes to teams? It's not like a bunch of were like "hey let's gang up on NM". He was a douche canoe. People expressed how they felt about that. And here you are pointing your fingers at us calling us bad guys while ignoring blatant racism like what the actual fuck Boney

so everyone in your friendship circle shows up to attack him...

...but it's just coincidence?

i am NOT trying to say that he's excused from saying the things he did, i'm trying to say that you guys are attacking him too harshly.

why would he feel offended

why would he even feel offended. that makes no sense.

it's nm, it's not like this guy being basically crash 2.0 reloaded is anything new, minus the furry and very open homophobia/racism/etc.

YO I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE THOUGH

maybe he's easily offended? maybe he is immature? either way, attacking him like this is unfair.

i dunno man i mean i've experienced it too and i'm still able to laugh at it all.

not defending NM here, if she was showing sincere racism, but even still what good does it do to ruin a perfectly hilarious topic with a billion replies shunning her? just ignore it.

Some people are able to laugh at it and others are not. You have to understand that people have different experiences and degrees of experience. Some people can laugh it off, others cannot. It also depends on who's saying it, how it was said, context, etc. You can't say that it shouldn't be a big deal because you're okay with it.

Also, ignoring this kind of stuff can also lead people to think it's acceptable. The attitude is never acceptable. I'd rather call out something I think is dumb or bigoted then let it slide because "it's too much trouble" or "will cause drama".

i am NOT trying to say that he's excused from saying the things he did, i'm trying to say that you guys are attacking him too harshly.

maybe he's easily offended? maybe he is immature? either way, attacking him like this is unfair.

why do you assume they're people in her friendship circle? you don't even actually know what you're saying.

i think the bottom line here is don't be a cunt and you won't get people all up your shit. it's pretty easy to figure out

Edited by Stahlypin

Friendship circle? I'm friends with lots of people far and wide across SF. There are some people I'm closer too than others, but I certainly don't have a "circle".

Okay, I do understand that you're not trying to excuse him, but it really really looks like you're defending him. He said something that's legitimately offensive, and people are going to react to that. Harsh or not, what he said is not okay, and he needs to know that. And people are going to respond. Because they don't like what he said. It's a public forum, people are free to post disagreement with what NM said.

maybe it's maybelline

maybe it's an instagram filter

Some people are able to laugh at it and others are not. You have to understand that people have different experiences and degrees of experience. Some people can laugh it off, others cannot. It also depends on who's saying it, how it was said, context, etc. You can't say that it shouldn't be a big deal because you're okay with it.

Also, ignoring this kind of stuff can also lead people to think it's acceptable. The attitude is never acceptable. I'd rather call out something I think is dumb or bigoted then let it slide because "it's too much trouble" or "will cause drama".

well he did say "it's never funny" to which i disagreed. if this were true people like dave chappelle and richard pryor wouldn't be considered two of the funniest comedians to ever walk da face of dis earth.

no, it can't. it's already shunned in society. that's not going to change. not giving people like that the time of day is way more effective than ganging up on them and attacking back.

did it first originality/10

i lol'd

10/10 would read initial post again

not defending NM here, if she was showing sincere racism, but even still what good does it do to ruin a perfectly hilarious topic with a billion replies shunning her? just ignore it.

I'm totally an advocate of people getting called out when they say stupid, insensitive shit. And other similar things. So nah.

Edited by Nightmare

Please yourself, Boney. I can see everything that goes on in the LTPW thread. You call us a "circlejerk" and a "Jedi club", and everyone there compl--

uh...no.

Also, newsflash, English isn't the fucking universal language. People are free to dislike the English language. Now, tell me why that should offend NinjaMonkey. Did he invent English? Does he believe English is so much better than everything else that even one comment about not liking it because of valid reasons is a horrible insult? Either way, it DOES NOT JUSTIFY telling Lumi to "go back to China" UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. He personally attacked her. She did not personally attack him.

Second of all, you're missing a pretty big point. We're not necessarily jumping in on Lumi's behalf. Have you ever considered the fact that, oh I don't know, a lot of us take offense to the "go back to China" comment because it hits home to us? That we are disgusted that this kind of arrogant behavior still abounds in today's time? It's not about Lumi. It's about NinjaMonkey's racist comment that he seemed to think was okay.

Boney, you yourself are missing the point. Some things will get a LOT of people riled up, and not only the person it was directed to, and it will cause a flood of responses. That does not make people a "circlejerk". It also sounds as if you are actually defending NinjaMonkey's "go back to China" comment, in which case, an extra fuck you.

sangyul, are you even taking any of this seriously? like, really. the only part of your posts that actually make sense are the "fuck you, Boney." you might as well just leave out the walls of text and jump right to that thought. do yourself a favor, save time, etc...

no brah it's jsut mah naturalf swaqq yolo

#instabeauty #instanatural #instaswag #swag #swagger #swagomatic #yolo #y0l0 #yoloswag #instayolo

"man the whole circlejerk decided to show up and hate on this one guy"

"and then a bunch of people who aren't part of the circlejerk too"

"i think this is a sign that it's getting bigger oh no run away THEY WILL CONSUME US"

uh...no.

sangyul, are you even taking any of this seriously? like, really. the only part of your posts that actually make sense are the "fuck you, Boney." you might as well just leave out the walls of text and jump right to that thought. do yourself a favor, save time, etc...

Uh, yes.

I think you are the one who's not taking any of this seriously. You've made up your mind that we are all a circlejerk and you are going to just disagree with anyone and anything that says otherwise. Like, I don't know why I bother. I don't need to waste my words on you, because you're a waste of my time.

Like, literally, if you think that NM's comment is justified in any way, or that a bunch of people saying at approximately the same time, "NM, that's not okay" is a bunch of circlejerks and much worse than NM's comment, thanks for giving me an actual legitimate reason to dislike you.

i gotta hit up the circlejerk skype chat with all the people who are friends with like, integrity and spectakitty and cam and asl and all those evil, evil people who join and plot how to shit up people's days

can i say strawman? yes i can. no ad homo.

Edited by Stahlypin