(Chapter 20+21 up) Fire Emblem 7 Eliwood Hard Mode LTC Video Playthrough

PKL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucius doesn't even cost a turn if you haven't got an additional 8-move unit (Lyn Mode Knight Crest on Sain/Kent) so that sounds like a superior idea (having to use Heals to get up in rank sucks).

After watching the last videos, I will make a guess that one of the secret units will be... Rebecca. You even prioritised Hector's kill exp for her - that's a big hint there.

Also, if enemy stats are substantially lower on EHM, wouldn't it be impossible to send Matt south to recruit Guy anyway? Not that Guy is anything essential - I benched him pretty early on my HHM LTC run.

I wasn't really being completely serious. Mani Katti is vaguely comparable to Guy's Killing Edge, but it's Prf locked to Lyn anyway so...

It's something I tend to do in my casual runs though, since Lyn is forced anyway, and she has a cooler sprite (hate GBA FE Myrmidon sprites...). Too bad she doesn't get a crit bonus on promotion though. :\

Edited by Irysa

@ Espinosa- don't be so sure about that. I think I can actually 7 turn Chapter 16 and get the Knight Crest too. Now Im trying to figure out how to recruit Lucius in time, it might not happen.

@ Espinosa- don't be so sure about that. I think I can actually 7 turn Chapter 16 and get the Knight Crest too. Now Im trying to figure out how to recruit Lucius in time, it might not happen.

I meant that you can 6-turn the chapter with a second 8 move unit and only in that scenario. I don't know if Lucius is more important than a Knight Crest though but you should be able to get both if you ignore the southern chests entirely. It's a map that's very demanding in terms of infrastructure when you want to do it well (still got nothing on some of the longer FE6 maps though).

Oh, so its a 6 turn without another 8 move unit and not a 7. I'm a doofus. Also, I might indeed have to skip Lucius in this because Raven doesnt move and he has an archer with him that likes to screw with Priss.

3 turns

This map was kinda tough but only because Eliwood has to survive the last turn rescue drop. I managed to feed Sain and Florina a bunch of kills and got both villages. Lyn was a pro shopper.

If you use this version of VBA (suggested to me by Toothache) you will experience no desync:

http://code.google.com/p/vba-rerecording/downloads/detail?name=vba-v24m-svn-r422.7z

Just back up your saves beforehand because the save states won't be compatible.

You can also edit your recording (I use Sony Vegas) before uploading.

And I just realised Hector's chapter 15 defence map has no equivalent in Eliwood's story. That's a lot of turns you're shaving off.

• 2 weeks later...

A very complicated 7 turn.

I managed to get Lucius in time and the Knight Crest. I don't really care about the Hero Crest or the other chests. I did my best to give Sain kills on the way. Levels aside from Sain's and Lyn's were atrocious as usual though :(. I'm not gonna lie, at this point I just want to arrow draw some levels to all these scrubs that keep getting hp skl or terrible levels.

Current TC: 25

Fun fact: If Lyn hadn't attacked the archer first in that one turn where I could shuffle Florina and Lyn's attacks to get a different level, Florina would have gotten an even worse level (skl only). My luck is oficially completely terrible.

Did you dl that different VBA version? theres still a lot of desynched sound :(

Also, are you resetting/reloading between chapters or continuing over? I know GBA rns are "fixed" but iirc carrying over rns from a chapter load isn't the same as the RNs in just loading a chapter. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe that might help with your level ups.

Did you dl that different VBA version? theres still a lot of desynched sound :(

Also, are you resetting/reloading between chapters or continuing over? I know GBA rns are "fixed" but iirc carrying over rns from a chapter load isn't the same as the RNs in just loading a chapter. Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe that might help with your level ups.

Yeah I forgot to try the new VBA before recording this chapter.

And about the other thing, I wanted to make this run 0 rng abuse as part of the challenge. But I'm starting to get worried because some ambitious seize chapter strats could require a good Eliwood. And the other characters aren't exactly growing that well either. :/

EDIT: EHM deployment slots for the ship suck. Can't 2 turn no matter what.

Edited by PKL

3 turns.

Finally some good levels. Sadly, a 2 turn isn't possible because of the deployment slots. Sorry for the pause at the beginning, someone distracted me while recording. I bought a lot 1-2 range to ensure I never run out of them. The reason I bought a few Steel weapons is because the Atk difference can sometimes be beneficial in training units, like at the end with Florina. Money isn't really an issue in this game anyway. I've decided to train Lucius over Erk because he doubles more consistently and has a better mag growth. They're both the same level anyway. If Sain keeps these levelups, he's going to be the MVP soon. Here's to hoping. Next chapter is Uhai, I wonder what I'm gonna do to recruit Fiora, considering she starts a bit far from Florina, who is central to the clear. I want to recruit her for sure though, 2 fliers are better than one, after all.

Current TC: 28

EDIT: Warning- the sound is still desynched. Next chapter I will play with no sound effects so it's not as annoying. I bet some will still find it weird that the EP music is playing in PP though :P but it won't be as bad. Sadly, the new VBA is being a douche with me.

Edited by PKL

Sain's catching up slowly but surely.

You seen my HHM LTC video of recruiting Fiora in a 3-turn? Doesn't require a promoted Florina either, but your mounted units should be working their asses and the way can't get clogged up.

And yeah, running out of Javelins is the worst thing that can happen in an LTC run of this game lol. At least Paladins can switch to the less wanted Hand Axes without losing much.

Sain's catching up slowly but surely.

You seen my HHM LTC video of recruiting Fiora in a 3-turn? Doesn't require a promoted Florina either, but your mounted units should be working their asses and the way can't get clogged up.

And yeah, running out of Javelins is the worst thing that can happen in an LTC run of this game lol. At least Paladins can switch to the less wanted Hand Axes without losing much.

Yeah, Sain is becoming a beast :D

Yeah, I've seen it but I don't remember it. I might take a look again at the vid.