Mist

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need her for the BK fight

No you don't. It's manageable without her. Just give Ike all the elixirs you've got up to there and you're good.

Hell, I've done it with no healing, but I got lucky that run.

Surprisingly, the only time I DIDN'T beat the BK was the time I DID use Mist. D:

Use Mist she is a good healer and you need her for the BK fight

You definetly don't NEED her for the BK fight. I beat him with Mist only healing Ike once or twice when she was still at lvl 1.

Mist likely won't have enough strength to wield the Rune Sword without losing some speed. She doesn't lose much, but last I played, it was enough for her to lose her double attack. =/

Damn :( I guess I'll just have to stick with using the Sonic Sword.

No you don't. It's manageable without her. Just give Ike all the elixirs you've got up to there and you're good.

Hell, I've done it with no healing, but I got lucky that run.

Surprisingly, the only time I DIDN'T beat the BK was the time I DID use Mist. D:

That's odd, for me every time when I used Mist I was able to defeat the Black Knight, and when I didn't use Mist I did not manage to kill the Black Knight.

That's odd, for me every time when I used Mist I was able to defeat the Black Knight, and when I didn't use Mist I did not manage to kill the Black Knight.

The Black Knight battle is so odd, and depends so much on luck, that Mist doesn't really give a clear advantage. Sure, she improves Ike's odds by allowing him to use his turn to attack rather than use the Elixir on himself, but that isn't always a good thing. (Say, if the Black Knight does a double-Luna on Ike...)

The Black Knight battle is so odd, and depends so much on luck, that Mist doesn't really give a clear advantage. Sure, she improves Ike's odds by allowing him to use his turn to attack rather than use the Elixir on himself, but that isn't always a good thing. (Say, if the Black Knight does a double-Luna on Ike...)

But doesn't Ike have that skill Nihil (or something) or is that just in RD?

You could always give Ike the skill Miracle, but you are right, Mist doesn't seem to give a clear advantage, but I think she is useful for killing the 2 bishops.

One time when I fought the Black Knight, I had a lot of luck. Ike hit, the Black Knight hit, Ike used Aether and the turn changed. The Black Knight missed, Ike used Aether and killed him. Mist was quite useless that time.

One time when I fought the Black Knight, I had a lot of luck. Ike hit, the Black Knight hit, Ike used Aether and the turn changed. The Black Knight missed, Ike used Aether and killed him. Mist was quite useless that time.

I think that chapter goes way easier if Ike has all his skill capped.

Back to the real subject.

I think Mist is pretty good as a healer and when she promotes I rarely used her to fight (but on my next playthrough I'm using the magic swords) but the horse helped her a lot since (I only equipped her with an iron sword) she could heal and run instead of me having to waste a few units to guard her. But I think that having more healers is better so I used everyone who I trained and is able to heal (Rhys, Soren, sometimes Ilyana, Mist, Tormod).

Good point... but if you hand him the knight ring he is like a mounted unit without the weaknesses of a mounted unit.

It would be great in the chapter with the muontain. (I believe it's called Strange Lands.)

Starts at level 1, levels up SO slow without pouring ALL your bonus XP into her, and gets swords after promotion = suck.

Sure, she becomes mounted after promotion and she can rock with the magic swords, but there's what, two (Sonic and Runesword?) Not worth it to me.

Besides, Rhys easily maxes magic and can pour on the damage with his light magic. Rhys + Nosferatu = frontliner.

The next time I play PoR I'm considering using Mist, since I hear she is a good unit with magic swords, and after my experiences with Priscilla, Clarine, Natasha, and L'Aracheal I've became a valkyrie lover. What's putting me off is how hard it is to raise her. Plus I really like Rhys in this game (for light magic) so I always try and heal with him as much as I can so he can get to lvl 20 and turn into a bishop, having him share the healing with Mist will only make the process of leveling Rhys up given harder and slower. Also I don't want to have to pour all my bonus exp into her to level her up.

Starts at level 1, levels up SO slow without pouring ALL your bonus XP into her, and gets swords after promotion = suck.

Sure, she becomes mounted after promotion and she can rock with the magic swords, but there's what, two (Sonic and Runesword?) Not worth it to me.

I never thought of that you can't buy the magical swords. Since there are so few of them, I don't think it's worth it either.

Besides, Rhys easily maxes magic and can pour on the damage with his light magic. Rhys + Nosferatu = frontliner.

Rhys isn't very fast to begin with and he doesn't have the strength to wield light tomes without losing some speed. Giving Rhys Resire (Nosferatu) will effectively kill his speed. =/

I never thought of that you can't buy the magical swords. Since there are so few of them, I don't think it's worth it either.

Mist is a healer first and foremost. Magic swords are just a nice addition to have when healing isn't necessary. Rhys does get light magic, but he'll probably only be doubling Generals. Besides, you can always repair the Sonic Sword with the Hammerne Staff.

Where did you get the knight ring?

You get in on Chapter 19

Talk to Naesala with Jannaff or Ulki, then he'll become an NPC and seek out Reyson and talk to him.

If you can do that without killing any ravens, you'll get the Knight Ring after the battle - allows a foot soldier to move after action like a mounted unit.

It's tough though because you have ballistas raining down on you. I'd use Tanith with the Full Guard to move up, bait Naesala and take out that closest ballista, and hope she doesn't die.

Edited by Arteris