Chrom x Sumia is the best Awakening couple

Camilla

Olivia/Lon'qu: Because the shy girl and the guy who can't be around women getting together and having a flirty dancer son is AWESOME. Also, Basilio and Flavia ship them.

Cherche/Henry: When I put them together it was just because everyone else was taken, but reading their supports I actually loved them together. Plus white hair on Gerome.

Last but not least Inigo/Gerome

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm surprised Lon'quxOlivia isn't more popular. o.O

I voted ChromxOlivia and Lon'quxCherche. Hot prince with cute sparkly dancer just screams adorable to me. And even though you can't get it if you marry them, their support is adorbs too. Chrom adamantly attempts to get Olivia to open up to him. He's like "I will get her to talk to me more!" and such. He seems so into her. lol Like he thought "Wow, hot dancer alert!" the moment he saw her. XD

Lon'qu and Cherche are just SOOO sweet! Cherche helps Lonny deal with a painful part of his past and she invites him on a picnic. It makes so much sense for Lon'qu to fall for the woman that cured him of his pain, imo. And he's a fitting dad for Gerome. Both don't smile much and seem to prefer keeping to themselves. They both lost someone very dear to them as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Virion x Olivia! My favorite pairing in the game! Dancing (Sorry, Silver Lightning)! Flirting habits! DAT HAIR! Fantastic supports!

And Frederick x Cherche, because two knights, and Virion belongs with Olivia.

Honorable mentions to Stahl x Olivia and Gaius x Olivia. For Cherche, Lon'qu and Henry.

Edited by Duck

So are people voting Chrom/Olivia because they actually like the pairing, or because of optimization? Seriously, they barely interact.

In my case, it's because I actually like the pairing. It seems to me that it's a better option than Chrom's and Olivia's other potential spouses. (Read: They have one of the best set of support conversations in the game IMO.) Plus, Inigo's father support doesn't seem as random if Chrom is Inigo's father. And I feel that Lucina and Inigo make better siblings than lovers. Plus there's Inigo explictly mentioning the Brand of the Exhalt. And there's the fact that Inigo bears a heavy resemblance to Chrom. (Which is even lampshaded in the TFP DLC.)

Edited by Just call me Al

So are people voting Chrom/Olivia because they actually like the pairing, or because of optimization? Seriously, they barely interact.

Because I actually like the pairing. I said so in my post. xP

I also forgot to mention that Inigo makes so much sense to me as Chrom's son. The support makes the most sense because Lucina comparison and Chrom and Inigo are like TWO PEAS IN A POD. I can't imagine anyone else fathering Inigo cause of this really. They look SO much alike! Imo anyway. lol

Olivia...let's see.

Donnel/Olivia is soooooooo underrated. Who cares for skills, stats, and class overlap? PURPLE. HAIRED. INIGO. The most handsome thing you'll ever see. And their supports are just so cute! How they bond and fall in love with their mutual love of dancing and singing... Plus imagine the look on Donnel's mother's face when he brings home the sexy dancer.

Honorable mention goes to Chrom/Olivia. For dark-blue-haired Inigo, generic father/child supports that sound natural, Inigo is the only one who explicitly mentions he has a Brand, and it is such a cute whirlwind romance. Love at first sight can work out sometimes.

The only Olivia pairing I dislike is Olivia/Henry. UGH such a horrible, manipulative, overrated pairing. White-haired Inigo is rather handsome, but the supports are just so awful. I've ranted on it in the past, so I'll just stop here. 8U

As for Cherche...

Virion/Cherche without a doubt. I love their dynamic in their supports. Cherche can see past Virion's playboy facade to the real man inside, she isn't fooled by his philandering. Plus the father/child support feels the most natural. I can't see Gerome calling the likes of Fred or Lon'qu a buffoon with any seriousness. Virion, on the other hand, can be quite foolish, meriting Gerome calling him out on it.

Honorable mention goes to Cherche/Henry. THIS is a good example of delving into Henry's sad past without manipulating him or faking being cursed to force an emotion out of him. Cherche and Henry click so well together, and I like how Cherche just understands him, you know? I can't describe it well, but this pairing just hit me right in the feels.

Same with Olivia, there's only one Cherche pairing I dislike, and it's Stahl/Cherche. It left a very sour taste in my mouth. Seriously, Stahl? "Forget Ylisse I'll totally abandon my country's restoration and help your country instead!" What the hell, Stahl? I just can't like this pairing. You're a knight ffs, Stahl, you can't just say "forget the country I made oaths to", ack.

Eh. I actually don't like blue-haired Inigo, white/gray/black/whatever looks better, IMO. And my favorite Chrom paring is actually with Maribelle, which no one ever even mentions.

I would support Virion/Olivia, but the hair's blue. Their supports are nice, though, and Inigo is kinda like mini-Virion.

Faye: Stahl really says that in his support with Cherche? Gods, would Frederick be disgusted with him. Seriously. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Voted Chrom/Olivia and Libra/Cherche. Was a little torn between that or Henry/Cherche (which was my original favorite pairing for both of them), but nowadays I like to go Henry/Miriel and Libra/Cherche when I'm not pairing any of them with the avatar, and Henry/Miriel gives Laurent more class options.

So Henry/Cherche as a very, very close honorable mention.

Faye: Stahl really says that in his support with Cherche? Gods, would Frederick be disgusted with him. Seriously. :/

From their A Support:

Stahl:

No seriously. I consider you a good friend, Cherche. And since our last talk, I've been studying the customs of your country. This handkerchief is a gift from one best friend to another, is it not? So forget Ylisse! There are plenty you can rebuild better than I. Instead, I shall work to rebuild the country of my dear, close friend, Cherche!

When I first viewed this support conversation, I had Stahl married to Sully, and I was just appalled. D8

From their A Support:

Stahl:

No seriously. I consider you a good friend, Cherche. And since our last talk, I've been studying the customs of your country. This handkerchief is a gift from one best friend to another, is it not? So forget Ylisse! There are plenty you can rebuild better than I. Instead, I shall work to rebuild the country of my dear, close friend, Cherche!

When I first viewed this support conversation, I had Stahl married to Sully, and I was just appalled. D8

...Stahl, my opinion of you just lowered a little. That's just plain wrong right there. xP

I also imagine Frederick would say something like this in response: "...Are you SERIOUS? You are just going to abandon your sworn duty? If so, you're nothing but a foul traitor."

I think another comic idea is coming to me. lol (I already have like three ideas for comics that feature Frederick...haha)

From their A Support:

Stahl:

This is different from Abel of the Archanea games resigning from knighthood to open a shop... how, exactly? And why be appalled? The conversations don't have flags that check whether a person has married someone and if that should change the conversation.

...Stahl, my opinion of you just lowered a little. That's just plain wrong right there. xP

I also imagine Frederick would say something like this in response: "...Are you SERIOUS? You are just going to abandon your sworn duty? If so, you're nothing but a foul traitor."

I think another comic idea is coming to me. lol (I already have like three ideas for comics that feature Frederick...haha)

Again, how is it different from resigning from knighthood to pursue a different path? This has happened in Fire Emblem before. (Abel is the example I can think of right now, though I think something similar happens with Franz from Sacred Stones?). Also, what's wrong with rebuilding a potential allied nation?

Again, how is it different from resigning from knighthood to pursue a different path? This has happened in Fire Emblem before. (Abel is the example I can think of right now, though I think something similar happens with Franz from Sacred Stones?).

Sain does this too, though he does have more than one excuse. Same with Kent, if he marries.

This is different from Abel of the Archanea games resigning from knighthood to open a shop... how, exactly? And why be appalled? The conversations don't have flags that check whether a person has married someone and if that should change the conversation.

Again, how is it different from resigning from knighthood to pursue a different path? This has happened in Fire Emblem before. (Abel is the example I can think of right now, though I think something similar happens with Franz from Sacred Stones?). Also, what's wrong with rebuilding a potential allied nation?

I think it's more that Stahl kind of disses Ylisse by saying to just forget it. I don't think Sain or Kent or Abel decide to just forget their old homes. xP

The wording is what bothered me the most. Stahl shouldn't have said "Forget Ylisse!", he could have said something like "after I help my country a bit, I'll go help yours too" or something. 8U I was exaggerating when I said I was "appalled", but this support still rubbed me the wrong way.

Stahl/Cherche is WAY better than what people are saying here, people. Just saying.

i mean i'd ditch america for a hot chick who lives in australia, or something

Edited by ZMeister

The wording is what bothered me the most. Stahl shouldn't have said "Forget Ylisse!", he could have said something like "after I help my country a bit, I'll go help yours too" or something.

Ylisse was attacked by Plegia two years before he met Cherche, he's already helped with it's rebuilding. Forgetting a country that's had two years to rebuild in favor of a country that's had no time to do so sounds perfectly fair.

Edited by Shotguner159

The wording is what bothered me the most. Stahl shouldn't have said "Forget Ylisse!", he could have said something like "after I help my country a bit, I'll go help yours too" or something. 8U I was exaggerating when I said I was "appalled", but this support still rubbed me the wrong way.

I agree with this. Saying it the way Stahl said made it sound like he's just going to forget it entirely and never support it again, even if it gets into another huge war, after everything he already did to help it.

Virion x Olivia! My favorite pairing in the game! Dancing (Sorry, Silver Lightning)! Flirting habits! DAT HAIR! Fantastic supports!

And Frederick x Cherche, because two knights, and Virion belongs with Olivia.

Honorable mentions to Stahl x Olivia and Gaius x Olivia. For Cherche, Lon'qu and Henry.

Haha, lol no, thats fine! I'm sure there are other supports that have the dancing factor going for it (and I do know how you hate LibraxOlivia). XD