Could use some help/advice on starting this game

Hi! So as the topic says, I finally (finally!) have the chance to play this game for the first time. And oddly enough, I'm intimidated.

I've played path of radiance many times, but I've never been able to do a good 'transfer run' as I never seem to hit 20/20. I always end up at like, 20/18 or something, and that doesn't cut it here. Then there's the paired endings. I'm finding out that characters in this game only get paired endings if I paired them in path of radiance, and of course, I didn't. And as if to make me crazy, I'm learning the story changes if you play this one multiple times, and I don't know if I have time to do all that (I'm only borrowing the game). I'm freaking out. I'm trying to learn how to download a file that will give me bones', let me get the paired endings, and see the 'improved(?)" second play through story. Besides not being able to find a file that does all that, I don't even have the faintest idea how to do it after reading up on it for hours.

Did I mention I'm freaking out?

I feel like I NEED to do this right, and I'm so freaking paranoid I'm going to mess things up for the characters I've loved for years that I'm terrified to turn the bloody game on. I don't know how to make this right. I don't know what to do, and hoping that by venting a bit I can figure this out, and/or hope that someone can talk some sense and/or help me out here. A tall order I know, but I'm grasping at straws at this point. So....help?

The second-playthrough dialogue (and paired endings) have been transcribed, so if you only have time for one playthrough, you can read them all anyway. If you're determined to get it the first time, you could try and get a pre-played save file (no idea if this is possible without playing on your friend's Wii). As a last resort, you could feign ignorance if they ask for their game back.

I played through it blind the first time (albeit on easy), you don't need to worry about paired endings, and the only thing multiple playthroughs give is a couple extra characters, and there's a hidden ending that doesn't change much at all. Have no worry about getting 20/20/20, (yes, there are three tiers of classes) there's enough chapters that it won't be a problem except for a few.

Edited by Knight

IIRC there is only one ending that requires A support in Fe 9, all the other endings can be obtained by simply finishing this game while having A support between them (building the in this game).

Don't worry too much about the transfers, they are nice bonuses and can help some units a lot but they are not needed or anything like that.

On the second playthrough thing, as Knight said, there are a couple of recruitable units wich are not super broken or anything, a couple of extra dialogues and the fact that tou can play HM.

TBH i think HM is the main reason why you should try to get the save file since you can view/read the rest

The save thing should not be that complicated, just download a save, put it in the sd card, insert the sd card in your wii and move it to your wii.

if memory serves, you'll only be able to get Pelleas and maybe Stefan on your second playthrough, everything else is pretty much pointless. And I'm pretty sure the only PoR support ending transfer thing is Zihark x Ilyana and I'm not even sure about that. Really, you're not missing much, so don't worry.

^

There are 3 characters able to recruit Stefan but 2 of them require data transfer A support, the third one can recruit him in all playthroughs. Good luck figuring out the metod by yourself though.

IIRC Zihark and Ilyana don't have and endng together regardless of transfers

I do believe I **** at this. I've been trying for hours to figure out how to download files and make SOMETHING work, and I just can't seem to do it. I feel like a total idiot for not being able to make sense of any of this. Over 90 hours on a transfer run that ended with nearly everyone 20/19 - a total bust. More hours trying to get a gamecube file to work, and more on a wii file. Nothing I've tried works. Nothing. I am so totally disgusted with myself right now.The only other thing I can even think of trying is attempting to make/hack a dolpin gamecube save, and considering my success rate at this point I don't see how making things more complicated can help. I hate feeling so bloody useless with technology that I can't do something seemingly so simple.