What are your goals in life?

HK Motendra

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To use the imagination in my mind that has remained rampant and full of fantasy for the whole of my life, to finally create a story with art that I can be proud of.

I can be proud that I came up with this idea, came up with this plot, these characters, these stories and these designs, and display them in a visual form known as comics. Hell, even if it's not exactly like that, I would be perfectly happy if I could use what I keep imagining all these years and display them in some sort of picture-visual form.

my goals? lololol idk. i kinda just start working on songs and make it a goal to finish them. i also have a crush on a girl, but i don't think i can call her coming around to returning my feelings a goal because i don't have any control over her feelings.

Japanese metal lolis

What?

baby metal, the band in his sig

my goals? lololol idk. i kinda just start working on songs and make it a goal to finish them. i also have a crush on a girl, but i don't think i can call her coming around to returning my feelings a goal because i don't have any control over her feelings.

baby metal, the band in his sig

Yet it never occurred to you that you could try to make a career out of it? I believe you could if you worked at it. And yes, that is a goal, but you worded it like it isn't. If you have a crush, then your goal is to get her to like you as well. Not much of a life goal, but a goal nonetheless

Edited by Hero-King

Recently, I've been thinking about becoming a Nintendo Executive. I had a lot of ideas to boost log term profits, like a steam feature for Nintendo systems, working really closely with Konami, Square and Capcom, having an extensive hacking community, and working on a couple of first party series along with a few IP ideas had.

I would use my fortune to help cure SMA type 1, help conserve natural resources (maybe systems made from organic plastics?) and fix world political issues. I'm far to ambitious!

EDIT: I also had this idea for a tv series I'd really like to make, an I have an interest in producing Serenes Forest spinoff media.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Recently, I've been thinking about becoming a Nintendo Executive. I had a lot of ideas to boost log term profits, like a steam feature for Nintendo systems, working really closely with Konami, Square and Capcom, having an extensive hacking community, and working on a couple of first party series along with a few IP ideas had.

I would use my fortune to help cure SMA type 1, help conserve natural resources (maybe systems made from organic plastics?) and fix world political issues. I'm far to ambitious!

EDIT: I also had this idea for a tv series I'd really like to make, an I have an interest in producing Serenes Forest spinoff media.

My my, so much enthusiasm within you! And kudos to you for using your fortunes for a good cause! But just how do you plan to pull any of this off?

Economics, young Joshua. Economics.

lol and should things happen where economics won't help you? What then, do you try again, or move to something else?

Forgot to mention: Another goal I have is that, while on my deathbed, I have no regrets concerning working too hard/not being with family enough

This right here ^^^^^

If I could pin this to the topic I would. The satisfaction of living a good life is the greatest reward anyone can get, and is the influence to many decisions

Edited by Hero-King

Determined to a fault. How very admirable. All I can say is good luck to all of your endeavors in life. They say you will succeed if you always try

Not that I agree with this quote, but I do find it funny:

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

--Attributed (incorrectly?) to W. C. Fields

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

True. It's foolish to try the same thing an expect a different result.

My life's dream is simple: to become a prosecutor, and make anyone who has ever committed a crime pay in full. I want to outlast death , to have my name whispered in awe and fear long after I am buried. I want to be an agent of justice, to change the world for the better, to rise above my limits. Most of all, I want children to be taught about me long after my death. I want to be remembered.

My life's dream is simple: to become a prosecutor, and make anyone who has ever committed a crime pay in full. I want to outlast death , to have my name whispered in awe and fear long after I am buried. I want to be an agent of justice, to change the world for the better, to rise above my limits. Most of all, I want children to be taught about me long after my death. I want to be remembered.

So, like a folk hero of sorts? That would be an interesting change of pace from the rest of the bunch.

So, like a folk hero of sorts? That would be an interesting change of pace from the rest of the bunch.

Not exactly. I really would love it if the repercussions of my actions would be felt years after my death.

Which brings us to my next question:

Is your dream even possible to become reality? When do you draw the line for when you should just let it go?

Not exactly. I really would love it if the repercussions of my actions would be felt years after my death.

So you want to have a legacy to leave behind for your deeds, whose impact will remain for generations to come. I agree wholeheartedly with you, but for a different cause. There's also a song for that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1nbvplgElw

Is your dream even possible to become reality? When do you draw the line for when you should just let it go?

if i can't do the math/physics then i can't take the classes, so even if i want to keep going the line is drawn for me haha.

in which case i guess my second dream could be science popularizing somehow (this seems like a much less likely dream to come true haha).

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Life has destroyed just about everything I ever tried to build (as well as the things that built me) so nowadays I'm discouraged to make longterm goals outside of making the most out of each day and bettering myself (always a big issue).

I am the exact opposite of determined, and have coasted through most of my life. That said I have a few very down-to-Earth goals that if met I should think I'd be mostly satisfied with:

1.) Master Japanese: I don't mean becoming fluent. I'm maybe a year off of that right now. I mean being as experienced with grammar and sentence construction as I am in English. Probably won't happen but oh well.

2.) Become financially independent: I live at home right now. By the same age my grandfather had already moved into a house and been married. This eats away at me every day.

3.) Gain a proper job: When I tell others I am studying Japanese they often ask why. I tell them that I plan to be a translator or interpreter, or failing that teaching English in Japan; anything so long as I use the language in a business sense. That's true, but honestly I'd be fine with any median-earner's job in the US. My cousin's family and friends are all quite intelligent, some of them attending Ivy League schools, and they all scoffed when I'd said this to them.

4.) Have a real relationship: I've had my share of fun nights (and occasionally days), but up until now I've never had a real relationship with a woman. Dating and all that.

Those would be my largest goals in life. Fairly simple, mostly similar to other people. If I had to add in long-shot things I'd wish for I'd also add in reaching peak physical fitness before I am thirty and gaining fluency in German, French, and Latin. Otherwise I should think I'd be entirely content with the above.