Teach me to like Henry!

Carter

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears I've been summoned! Well... sort of.

So... I'm going to assume you have the English version of Awakening, right? And therefore, you're used to the English version of Henry. Well, there's also his Japanese characterization, which is different because in THAT one he's actually deeply affected by his past and is more of a Stepford Smiler than the happy-go-lucky carefree characterization he gets in the English version. If you think you'd prefer THAT, you're more than welcome to. I'm sure there's some of his supports translated... somewhere. I have no idea, to be honest.

I am honestly wondering how Henry's Japanese supports could make him be seen as a Stepford Smiler. D8 Because I've read and reread his translated Japanese supports, and NOTHING stands out to me that he's sad but hiding it. Care to elaborate? You're the voice of reason around here sometimes, I'd love to hear insight from a fellow wife of Henry. 8U;

I am honestly wondering how Henry's Japanese supports could make him be seen as a Stepford Smiler. D8 Because I've read and reread his translated Japanese supports, and NOTHING stands out to me that he's sad but hiding it. Care to elaborate? You're the voice of reason around here sometimes, I'd love to hear insight from a fellow wife of Henry. 8U;

Henry and Olivia's Japanese support is the best, most wide-known example I can think of. Although considering the closest the English supports had to that sort of trope was Cherche, it might be present in hers as well.

Holy shit all I'm thinking about now is how awesome Gerome would look with white hair.

Its pretty amazing actually.

Henry rocks. Plain and simple. Hes hilarious in so many ways. I love myself some dark humor and cackling. I think the moment i fell in love with Henry was when i first heard him say "Yeeaahhh! BLOOD!" I laughed so hard. His "teehee!" is great too. Henry as a Dread Fighter is pretty awesome.

I guess if you arent into dead baby style humor, Henry wont appeal to you.

My thing is that I see Henry as comedic relief. I don't take him extremely serious unless the music demands so. So his quotes and actions appeal to me that way.

Hes a good father and very loving to his children?

YES Look at his Cordelia ending.

" Henry settled down with Cordelia and turned out to be a surprisingly good father. Their newborn daughter grew up in a peaceful world with two loving parents and was said to be a likeable girl."

Here you go:

"Henry settled down with Olivia and turned out to be a surprisingly good father. Their newborn son inherited both his father's grin and his mother's undying love for entertaining others."

Pulled from the Fire Emblem Wiki

Edited by Sorin

I would send him to his death on other playthroughs..

And I got flamed for sending some of the female characters to their deaths? *sigh* haha no I do think Henry is a valuable unit, though I understand what you mean about him being a little annoying and more than a little creepy (as some would claim). For me his utility as a unit counterbalanced any weird vibes I got from him (same case with Tharja), although I personally like Henry a lot better. The fact that he turns out to be a great father, and that he still has some reason in his head so he won't curse the people that he loves, was a bit of a redeeming factor for his personality.

Henry has Brock eyes, if that's not enough for you, I don't know what is.

LOL. His are smiley eyes though, I think Brock's are just...closed eyes.

I do think Henry is a valuable unit, though I understand what you mean about him being a little annoying and more than a little creepy (as some would claim).

For me his utility as a unit counterbalanced any weird vibes I got from him (same case with Tharja), although I personally like Henry a lot better.

Hmm..

If I were to choose between two Plegian dark mages, I guess I'd go with Henry. In my playthroughs though, they marry each other.