LoH: Trails in the Sky SC Tease [Now Announced]

Crimson Red

By the first trilogy, are you referring to Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch and etc.?

Yep, grammar errors and all! It was so painful to read that it was amusing. I'm quite fond of the TiTS cast, so I'd rather not remember them like that.

(I'm so sorry, Avin and Mile)

I was kind of wondering if Carpe Fulgur would attempt TiTS.

I know SpaceDrake has been interested in the series for ages and I'm sure I saw his name in one of the XSEED Ys credits or something.

Plus the company was very sly with what projects they were planning next.

SpaceDrake actually mentioned at some point (I forget if it was in that blog post or a twitter message or an SA post or what though) that he was partially responsible for getting the Ys games released on Steam, and that it was basically necessary for them to sell well before XSEED would consider it worth the everything needed to get Second Chapter released.

Be warned that the earlier games in the series have questionable translations. If you want something where the dialogue doesn't make you cringe, skip straight to Trails in the Sky. If you don't mind weird dialogue, then feel free to play the previous games (I would, if only to see how far the series has come).

TitS is pretty much independent from the Garghav trilogy though

I played the older games so I'd appreciate the series' progression more. Even within the Garghav trilogy, I can see improvements.