Lilina`s Possible Canon Mother

Naglfar94

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rath's father is Dayan. Dayan's granddaughter is Sue. No other sons or daughters of Dayan have been confirmed to exist. It doesn't exactly take a genius to put 6 and 9 together and figure out if Rath and Lyn got it on, their daughter was most definitely Sue.

ロイ: 『騎乗位』・・・ですか・・・?

"What is "cowgirl" · · ·: Roy?"

That can't be right...

Rath's father is Dayan. Dayan's granddaughter is Sue. No other sons or daughters of Dayan have been confirmed to exist. It doesn't exactly take a genius to put 6 and 9 together and figure out if Rath and Lyn got it on, their daughter was most definitely Sue.

Ah, but the game doesn't say for sure, does it? The way it was stated (by you or whoever else, not sure on that), the evidence was made to look much more decisive than it actually was.

Anyways, I would say Hector and Lyn would be the canon ending just based off of how heavily it was implied, with the various conversations throughout the game, ESPECIALLY towards the end, like when Lyn is reduced to tears about Hector's loss in the final Chapter, even WITHOUT a support conversation. Plus, it's the only pairing where the scenario writers went out of their way to make special sequences between the two.

EDIT: Then, I guess if we're nitpicking, there's Lyn and Hector's Support Growth being higher than anyone elses, and there's Lilina's hair looking more like Lyn's than anyone elses.

Edited by FionordeQuester

EDIT: Then, I guess if we're nitpicking, there's Lyn and Hector's Support Growth being higher than anyone elses, and there's Lilina's hair looking more like Lyn's than anyone elses.

Lyn's support with Rath (and Florina) grows at +4 points per turn while her support with Hector grows +3 points per turn. This doesn't take into account that Hector is around in the main story longer than Rath is, but the statement that Lyn and Hector's support growths are higher than anyone else's is factually wrong.

I think it's pretty damn obvious Rath's daughter is Sue, and if Lyn is his wife, she has Sue.

I don't know why someone's trying to shoot down an obvious fact. Not if Rath/Lyn is canon, but the fact that if they do get together, their daughter is Sue.

Lyn's support with Rath (and Florina) grows at +4 points per turn while her support with Hector grows +3 points per turn. This doesn't take into account that Hector is around in the main story longer than Rath is, but the statement that Lyn and Hector's support growths are higher than anyone else's is factually wrong.

...Well shoot. There goes my theory then >_<! Heck, add in the fact that Eliwood/Hector's storyline literally won't let him die in-universe even if he dies in-game, then well...I guess the two really ARE the appropriate pairing!

Don't like it as much, since Hector and Florina are kind of weird. I mean really, Florina is so absolutely afraid of men...that her only male support is HECTOR of all people?! Arguably the most manly, most macho, most brutish guy in your entire party?! I dunno, that always struck me as so weird...

But whatever. I'm a believer of Rath and Lyn now.

...Well shoot. There goes my theory then >_<! Heck, add in the fact that Eliwood/Hector's storyline literally won't let him die in-universe even if he dies in-game, then well...I guess the two really ARE the appropriate pairing!

Don't like it as much, since Hector and Florina are kind of weird. I mean really, Florina is so absolutely afraid of men...that her only male support is HECTOR of all people?! Arguably the most manly, most macho, most brutish guy in your entire party?! I dunno, that always struck me as so weird...

Welcome brother!

*clears throat* Why else can Florina be the only PK to ferry promoted Hector?

Ah, but the game doesn't say for sure, does it? The way it was stated (by you or whoever else, not sure on that), the evidence was made to look much more decisive than it actually was.

Unless Dayan had other children besides Rath, Rath had to be Sue's father.

And I'm pretty sure that Rath was Dayan's only child. Rath certainly didn't say anything about having any brothers or sisters.

Edited by Paper Jam

I honestly normally don't use support growth as point for canonicity. Simply because there are some pairs that can't really be done in a reasonable timeframe and/or make you have to go out of your way just to make them happen. To say nothing that if support growths were valid, then Finn/Bridget would be considered more canon than Finn/Raquesis is by fans. But I digress.

Rath's death quote is admittedly kinda vague on the subject of whether he dies or not, though. (To say nothing of the fact that Lyn/Rath is about as canon as Sumia/Gaius is.

One of the main reasons why I don't like Hector/Florina (to say the least) is precisely the fact that they're what you just described. The fact that 90% of their interaction occurs in the A support doesn't help. Granted, it's the most similar to Chrom/Olivia, but at least Chrom and Olivia actually get some interaction going in the C support, and shortly after Mustafa is defeated.

I seriously hope that was sarcasm.

I'm actually surprised they *DIDN'T* use Hector x Lyn in the game novels considering the talk events.

Well, Nintendo and I.S. did have zero input in writing the "Elibe Disturbance" novels. (Especially considering who published it.) I would imagine the reason why Hector/Lyn wasn't included in the novels in question is likely the same reason why Jagen is killed off in the FE1 drama CD, and the same reason why whoever wrote the Valkyria Chronicles anime opted to shoehorn Faldio/Alicia just to make a Welkin/Alicia/Faldio love triangle when Juno/Welkin/Alicia and Welkin/Alicia/Noce was sufficient enough, and could have been given some expounding. (Adaptations. Go figure.) Edited by Just call me Al

Granted, it's the most similar to Chrom/Olivia, but at least Chrom and Olivia actually get some interaction going in the C support, and shortly after Mustafa is defeated.

...Which never happens if you marry them.

I seriously hope that was sarcasm.

I'm pretty sure you dislike Lyn x Rath more than I do Chrom x Olivia.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Wait they killed off Jagen?

In an FE1 CD drama. Gharnef kills him. Ask the person who wrote this if you don't believe.

Of course the CD drama in question, like the "Elibe Disturbance" novels, are adaptational retellings of the source materials, which are non-canon by default. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Edited by Just call me Al

Lack of chemistry. And the fact that there's people that actually (somehow) think that Sue's existence automatically precludes any chance of Lyn winding up with someone not named Rath. Such arguments from the people in question are very much like the "Priam is Mist's descendant" arguments if you ask me. (And such arguments are the foremost reasons why I dislike Lyn/Rath.)

Edited by Just call me Al

You do realize that "lack of chemistry between Lyn and Rath" is an opinion and not a fact, right? You don't see any chemistry between them, that's perfectly fine. However, I think that Hector and Lyn clash too much to be compatible and their interactions don't feel romantic to me. That is also an opinion and perfectly fine. Sometimes you go around acting like Hector/Lyn has already been declared canon and other pairings such as Lyn/Rath and Hector/Florina are automatically wrong.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But you have a tendency to sound like you're shoving your pairing in other people's faces and calling it "wrong". There is no canon unless IS says so. Therefore, until they say there is a canon, Lyn/Rath and Hector/Florina are just as canon as Hector/Lyn.

I don't even get how what I'm actually saying can even be interpreted as something else. But I guess that can be attributed to me feeling like that I've seen one too many arguments that involve the person act like Lyn's literally the only person who can get together with Rath when the possibility of Rath/Generic still exists, among other things. But what I'm saying really shouldn't be interpreted as me thinking that whatever pairs I'm arguing against are automatically wrong. Especially since I'm saying nothing of the sort.