Teach me how to tolerate idiots, morons and overall chuckleheads

Emeraldfox

smile. sit back. laugh it off and relax your muscles. realize how inconsequential such things are and set aside yourself: try thinking up things that you know are wrong, and then accepting them as true, as this builds tolerance.

For instance:

"Sony owns Fire Emblem"

"Yes. Sony owns Fire Emblem. Okay. I'm sorry I questioned you." - sounds ridiculous, but if you can this with a straight-face and not feel anything, you're getting somewhere. Step it up until you're able to cast aside your feelings as necessary and people and their comments no longer irk you, until eventually you hardly have to tolerate and you're simple able to deal with it.

Proper FFTF Response:

"jack off"

Edited by Blazer

Do yourself a favor and don't even interact with the people you think are stupid. If they're a troll, a retard, or otherwise just plain fucking stupid, the less you interact with them equals a better chance of not spreading their cancer and not wasting needless rage on them. It's simple.

Honestly, all this shit talking that happens with Gim-what'shisface is because you people interact with him. Just don't do it. Everything will be better that way.

Stop using Comic Sans MS.

This too. XD

almost everyone thinks they're smarter than everyone else.

My take on the subject is that I always consider myself as requiring a lot of work and experience, but I distinguish between people from whom I could learn something and those from whom I will likely not learn anything at all. It's a complex topic though - self-esteem tends to get in people's way a lot of the time, but as social animals they (we?) will still try not to lose face. It helps to lose face on purpose sometimes so that you're not paranoid about it happening without your consent anyway.

Stop using Comic Sans MS.

I cannot comply, madam.

so emfox, why Lancer Squadron?

Because of the knight in the emblem, green and their theme. And the knight.

But uhh, sound advice everyone.

been fuckin wit him since 1902 dude's a top tier non-polish drunk tell him to down a fourth next time you see him next thing you know he's chugging the whole thing

what does this mean

My take on the subject is that I always consider myself as requiring a lot of work and experience, but I distinguish between people from whom I could learn something and those from whom I will likely not learn anything at all. It's a complex topic though - self-esteem tends to get in people's way a lot of the time, but as social animals they (we?) will still try not to lose face. It helps to lose face on purpose sometimes so that you're not paranoid about it happening without your consent anyway.

i usually enter everything with the mentality that i can learn something. usually it's true. the times that don't are interesting for other reasons.

and agreed on your last point.

Edited by Phoenix Wright