I just shot myself in the foot.

Nobody

Have you considered a schedule? Some people cannot function at all without one.

Me...I just can't work well given SO many advantages. It's so hard to manage so much advantage you get very confident and end up losing.

/story of my life

I'm so screwed, I'm going to fail. That's what I get for procrastinating for a whole week, rather than doing my works.

Well learn from this and change how you go about it next time.

Live and Learn as I say.

I'm going to say what we're all thinking: If you've already shot yourself in the foot and are going to fail some kind of big assignment/project/test/etc., then why the hell are you posting on FFtF about it when you could be, oh I dunno, working?

I'm going to say what we're all thinking: If you've already shot yourself in the foot and are going to fail some kind of big assignment/project/test/etc., then why the hell are you posting on FFtF about it when you could be, oh I dunno, working?

For the same reason I haven't worked this whole week: I just can't. It's such a boring task, I think I should just drop what I'm studying on college and try to start studying another area.

That's no excuse, man. I would know because I've been in this situation before. Whatever it is you're studying, if that bores you, you just have to figure out what about it made you want to study it in the first place. And then when THAT'S all said and done, whatever your gripe is, you just ignore it and drudge yourself through whatever you're working on.

Appropriate FFtF response: You're pussying out and giving up? Don't give up. Get the fuck off your ass and start doing shit, because if you fail then there's no one but yourself to blame.

Feeling motivated?

I'm studying civil engineering. In the beginning I thought it was only about math and projecting things, seeing how the structures react to their weight using mathematics and physics, this kind of stuff. Yes, that's still a large part of it, which I love, but there's just so many reports to be made, and them there's the need to study the soil (which I ABSOLUTELY despise). Now, I'm seriously thinking of abandoning it and start studying math, or some other degree in which I'll only have to worry about things I like. But now I'm going, I have to end that chore, after all.

This might now sound terribly official, coming from a fifteen year old honors student and all, but sometimes what it comes down to is just giving people anything that could distract you; phones, games, and the such, and sitting down and getting it done ahead of time. Not too ahead of time though I guess, that shot ME in the foot this year, what with AP college work. Moral of the story, it's a willpower thing, you have to realize "I gotta finish this shit, it's important to the future" and so on, and sit down and work. It's got me through a few LONG projects. Apologies for swearing though, that was just how I felt the quote went across.

Also I'd stick to civil engineering, it pays well and doesn't have too high an unemployment rate, or at least it didn't a few months ago.

Have you considered a schedule? Some people cannot function at all without one.

I guess I am the opposite because I am functioning much better as an independent contractor than an employee

[snip]

Correct.

No I wasn't thinking that I was actually thinking "welp too late to worry about it now time to play video games" because the thing to do when you've utterly failed beyond recovery is to do better at the next thing, not wear yourself out pointlessly and fail at the next thing as well.

Edited by Solais

Try out this list app. It is a task list application with deadline and reminder capabilities that can save your life. I fell in love with it after a few days. It's even better if you have a smartphone, but you don't need one (I don't have one).

As for my opinion... I think you should roll with the punches. You can change your mind after these courses. For now, I think you should to follow through on your investments. You cannot take back your bets in this game of life. You cannot call for a redeal before it is time because you got dealt a pair of twos. You have to see the hand through the the end no matter what life deals you. When your bluffs do not pan out, do not stop playing because you lost a hand. You cannot learn from your decisions if you run from them.

TL;DR - It is okay to steer from one course to another, but you should not drop out on your commitments.

Edited by Makaze

For a moment, I thought you meant that you actually SHOT yourself in the foot...like with a gun. But no, the procrastinating thing...I know what you mean. I really do. I sincerely hope it ends up working out well for you! And if all else fails, it's not the end of the world. Just make sure not to do it again ;)