Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

I found it interresting it was so obvious.

Team Flare's Leader is convinced he's doing the right thing, and think you will approve his ideas.

He's a clearly evil guy who deluded itself into thinking he's a savior. And he waits before destroying everything, because until the end, he think you'll "come back to your sense", and accept his solution.(Or maybe he hoped someone could prove him wrong all along, because he is not happy with destroying everything.)

And he's the most influent person in Kalos, so nobody pays attention to his weird antics.

In a way, it made him more terrifying than Ghetsis.

I like the idea of traveling with friends, with each his own reason to participate. And this time, you're not the only one who stop the evil team, but the others participate too. That was a nice addition.

And Sycamore is awesome.

And Lysandre and Dianthia's talk being an attack against Idols' cult was pretty nice.

I should have been more specific about what I said. I liked that it is made obvious to the player who Team Flare's boss is. What I didn't like was that it was made so painfully obvious at some points that it makes you facepalm at the characters for not realizing it.

Specifically the scene right after Luminose's gym, which is basically a monologue by the the boss about how using an ancient weapon to wipe out most of humanity/pokemons should happen because that way the filth would be purged from the world. Sycamore's response? "He has strong opinions".

I admit I didn't think his actions before the last battles having that motive. Thanks for giving me a different perspective to it =)

(I admit, when put that way, he is more fearsome than Ghetsis)

Yes, Sycamore is awesome. It's just his dialogue right after Luminose's gym I don't like. Because that scene kills the "Why didn't I realize it..." scene that plays afterwards for me. (Only thought I had about that was "yeah, you should have suspected something after Luminose")

I really liked the story in this game, it's just that one scene I don't like (and it would have been fine if the dialogue had been downplayed a bit), and another scene because of that one scene.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a bit of wonder trading i have:

Chespin

Fennekin and a braixen, netting me all three starters

A machoke, now champ

Axew

A timid synchronize ralts, right before i am going to catch yveltal

A mawile with its mega stone!

Amaura, netting me both fossils, it is shiny to boot

Gourgeist

Trevenant

A level 78 ludicolo

Not bad for a bit of trading.

So... can anyone help me evolve my haunter into a gengar, please?

I'll be giving a timid froakie with protean and 4 perfect IVs to whoever help me.

My FC is 2063-0086-1010, if you're interested, send me a PM with yours.

Recent Legendaries have really high catch rates. Reshiram's catch rate is 9 times more than Groudon and 15 times more than Rayquaza.

For reference, Reshiram (and other recent cover legendaries) are easier to catch than the likes of the Beldum line, Absol, Snorlax, Basculin, Ditto and Chatot.

Apparently the games weren't easy enough.

Because eliminating tedium in a game equates to an easy experience.

Seriously? Abysmal catch rates in the earlier games were an exercise in frustration. Not all of the legendaries, mind you, but like say...anything with Recover?

The super low catch rates were moronic and if they did eliminate them, I'll have no qualms. All one had to do to keep trying was reset anyway.

I'll be giving a timid froakie with protean and 4 perfect IVs to whoever help me.

I will help you ^^

I'll help you for free, my code is in the Friend Safari topic. ;)

Edit: ninja's by Vicious Sal, lol.

Well just add both, then make Haunter evolve with me or him and feel free to give the Froakie to him, it's ok. :)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Seriously? Abysmal catch rates in the earlier games were an exercise in frustration. Not all of the legendaries, mind you, but like say...anything with Recover?

Or roamers. Especially roamers.

Sure it's easier now, but it was the least satisfying kind of hard before.

I totally crushed Ramos since more than half my team trumps Grass types, and with that, I have four badges and can now use Fly. Yay. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Phew, thankfully, my Lucario was able to move first when it battled Korrina's and I won. Even though for SOME reason, Korrina's did more damage with Power-Up Punch. :/

But whatever, I can move on now. lol I'd hate to box this guy after he took such a liking to Kerena, so I'll keep him in my team for awhile.

The Lucario you use is always Hasty with a 31 Spd IV. It's designed that way so that you'll outspeed her Lucario, and thus the battle isn't a complete PITA. This does, however, give you -Def, and since her Lucario isn't +Spd, it very well may be +Atk. This would explain the damage discrepancy.

The Lucario you use is always Hasty with a 31 Spd IV. It's designed that way so that you'll outspeed her Lucario, and thus the battle isn't a complete PITA. This does, however, give you -Def, and since her Lucario isn't +Spd, it very well may be +Atk. This would explain the damage discrepancy.

That can't be true, because earlier, people said Korrina's Lucario was the faster one and they lost because of that. o_O At least I think...

That can't be true, because earlier, people said Korrina's Lucario was the faster one and they lost because of that. o_O At least I think...

I suppose that Korrina's Lucario could just be randomly generated, and they might have rolled one with +Spd and a 31 IV as well, and lost the Spd tie, but the one you're given always has perfect Spd.

Well, I finally beat the champion today. I do say fighting the E4 with my slightly underlevelled team provided a lot of epic fights. Below is the team that I used to battle them. I'm happy to have gone with a team that span all generations. Each one of them was awesome at some point.

Venusaur - Level 56, Relaxed, Male

Ability: Overgrow

Item: Black Sludge

Moves: Double-Edge / Sleep Powder / Leech Seed / Energy Ball

In all honesty, I thought Venusaur would be letting me down, but the sleep and seed combo worked amazingly well against two of the E4 members. I'm glad I decided to keep him.

Ampharos - Level 56, Mild, Male

Ability: Static / Mold Breaker

Item: Ampharosite

Moves: Power Gem / Dragon Pulse / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast

My reliable bulky special attacker. I only used his mega evo once against the E4, but Thunderbolt and Dragon Pulse helped a lot here and there. The most majestic pokemon by far.

Mawile - Level 55, Brave, Female

Ability: Intimidate

Item: Leftovers

Moves: Swords Dance / Power-Up Punch / Baton Pass / Sucker Punch

Mawile's good defense and attack helped during some of the tougher pokemon, especially with Sucker Punch. She also worked well by passing boosts to Lucario.

Lucario - Level 55, Naughty, Male

Ability: Inner Focus / Adaptability

Item: Lucarionite

Moves: Hidden Power (Dragon) / Poison Jab / Close Combat / Aura Sphere

Once he learned Close Combat he was able to lay some beatings down pretty easily. I got plent of use out of his mega form during some of the later battles.

Golurk - Level 56, Careful, Genderless

Ability: Iron Fist

Item: Soft Sand

Moves: Rock Slide / Earthquake / Shadow Punch / Power-Up Punch

Earthquake is always a necessary somewhere on a team. Between that and Rockslide, Golurk had some good coverage against the E4 pokemon it went up against.

Delphox - Level 59, Modest, Female

Ability: Blaze

Item: None

Moves: Shadow Ball / Will-O-Wisp / Flamethrower / Psyshock

Thanks to her high special attack and speed, Delphox was beastly by this point. Probably my favourite fire type starter now.

I suppose that Korrina's Lucario could just be randomly generated, and they might have rolled one with +Spd and a 31 IV as well, and lost the Spd tie, but the one you're given always has perfect Spd.

Oh, okay. That makes sense then.

Shuuda: Venusaur and Mawile can both mega evolve, ya know. Or were you not able to get their respective Mega Stones?

Oh, okay. That makes sense then.

Shuuda: Venusaur and Mawile can both mega evolve, ya know. Or were you not able to get their respective Mega Stones?

I didn't use Venusaur's because I didn't want to give up Black Sludge + Leech Seed healing, and I believe Mawile's cannot be gotten pre-E4.

I do want to get Mawile's mega evo, since it looks pretty cool and comes with Huge Power as an ability, along with defense boosts.

Edited by Shuuda