Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Oh my, Hoopa and Volcanion have a sickening yellow shiny; Diancie's looks really good though. And Hoopa seems to be in some sort of inanimate pose, so maybe it has a neutral and battle form like Xerneas?

Edited by Konnor97

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only legendaries I've used have been Heatran, Terrakion, and Victini. I personally steer clear of Ubers since I'm not a fan of that metagame.

I try to stay away from legendaries in general, but sometimes I need that specific moveset or typing, or something that's good at scarfing.

Keldeo and Reshiram are the only legendaries I've actually used as team members. Xerneas doesn't count because it was only for one battle. The other two I used for multiple battles and I still have Keldeo in my party to use every now and then. I just love him too much. :3

On another note, I've gotten 300 different Pokemon now! Though it's partly due to all the ones I transferred using the bank. lol

I never bothered using legendaries outside of occasional in-game teams, but now that I'm playing competitively in OU, I have seen that a lot of them are super useful. I probably won't use more than one or two in a team, but so far they seem to be meshing very well in my mono-region teams; I've picked one legendary for each team from its respective region, and its nice to have that legendary representative that fits in with the rest of the team with some role. Only exception is my Kalos team, since Xerneas and Yveltal are Ubers and I'd rather not use Zygarde, but hopefully they'll release more legendaries soon that I can play around with...

I think my overall favorite legendaries are the Lati twins, with Lugia a close second (second movie bias ftw XD).

I've never really used legendaries in competitive battling. I used some uber teams in PBR against the AI opponents, but never in PvP. Now that pokebank is out and that I'm getting more familiar with showdown, I may try using non-ubers legendaries more often. It's just a shame than most of my favorite legendaries are banned(like the creation trio, Ho-oh and Lugia).

(second movie bias ftw XD).

I was so hyped about that movie when it came out(and the main theme/lugia's song/end credits stuck in my head for a long while)

I was so hyped about that movie when it came out(and the main theme/lugia's song/end credits stuck in my head for a long while)

"Disturb not the harmony of Fire, Ice, and Lightning, lest these Titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash.

Though the Water's Great Guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, and thus the earth shall turn to ash.

O Chosen One...into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea.

From the trio of islands ancient spheres shall you take. For between Life and Death, all the difference you make.

Climb to the shrine to right what is wrong, and the world will be healed by the Guardian's song."

...I can't believe I still remember all of that, but yeah, that was and still is my favorite pokemon movie growing up. I really miss it a lot.

I'm still probably not going to use it, but is Zygarde useful in the metagame for anything atm? I feel like if anything needs a form change, it's this thing...

Oh, I loved Pokemon the Movie 2000: The Power of One as well! But because Keldeo's movie is part of what made me love him, it's my all time favorite movie in the series. lol But The Power of One is definitely second, along with Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. ^^

The Rise of Darkrai is also really awesome, Darkrai's depth in it was just amazing. How it befriended Alice's grandmother and such. Just damn. Also, Tonio x Alice ftw. ^^

I prefer Ho-Oh over Lugia by a long shot though. I just really love the pretty rainbow fire bird and I find Lugia's design to be rather boring. I'm disappointed Ho-Oh never got a movie or even much of a role in the anime at all. :(

But I do love that song Lugia has in The Power of One! It's beautiful! But I don't know if I like it more than Oracion, the melody used in The Rise of Darkrai that had a similar purpose. Both are amazing!

Edited by Anacybele

Pokemon 2000 was amazing on topic of movies.

Though 4ever will always be ky favorite.

Quint, do polls on favorite Pokemon movies XD

No I won't because I just watched Lugia's, Entei's, Mewtwo's and... maybe Suicune's. Don't remember though

But Lugia's just the best of them, I wanted to cry when I saw the birds being owned, specially Articuno ;~;

Maybe when Cocoon of whatever gets out I dunno.

edit Ana ruined it amirite

Edited by Quintessence

"Disturb not the harmony of Fire, Ice, and Lightning, lest these Titans wreak destruction upon the world in which they clash.

Though the Water's Great Guardian shall arise to quell the fighting, alone its song will fail, and thus the earth shall turn to ash.

O Chosen One...into thine hands bring together all three. Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea.

From the trio of islands ancient spheres shall you take. For between Life and Death, all the difference you make.

Climb to the shrine to right what is wrong, and the world will be healed by the Guardian's song."

...I can't believe I still remember all of that, but yeah, that was and still is my favorite pokemon movie growing up. I really miss it a lot.

I'm still probably not going to use it, but is Zygarde useful in the metagame for anything atm? I feel like if anything needs a form change, it's this thing...

OMG you quoted that from memory? XD

I think Zygarde is still used in comp from time to time as a bulkier, less offense oriented version of Garchomp. But if definitely needs a second form/whatever to be up to par with Xerneas and Yveltal.

I never bothered using legendaries outside of occasional in-game teams, but now that I'm playing competitively in OU, I have seen that a lot of them are super useful. I probably won't use more than one or two in a team, but so far they seem to be meshing very well in my mono-region teams; I've picked one legendary for each team from its respective region, and its nice to have that legendary representative that fits in with the rest of the team with some role. Only exception is my Kalos team, since Xerneas and Yveltal are Ubers and I'd rather not use Zygarde, but hopefully they'll release more legendaries soon that I can play around with...

I think my overall favorite legendaries are the Lati twins, with Lugia a close second (second movie bias ftw XD).

I absolutely love the Lati twins myself. I even have ones with decent natures (more or less - Hasty Latios and Modest Latias).

Pokemon 2000 was amazing on topic of movies.

Though 4ever will always be ky favorite.

Quint, do polls on favorite Pokemon movies XD

I would strongly agree that these two were awesome, though for me it's reversed. I liked 2000 more. However, 4 was very close because the ending was stupidly clever.

Another one I would also like to add is Heroes...well sort of...

Edited by Interest

Zygarde problem is the fact that while there is no pokemon that completely outclass it in 1 - 1 "same with worse stats" kind, it has too many competitor who happen to be OU's best pokemon while doing an excellent job on that front

Dragonite, Garchomp, and Landorus T beats it in its own game. The only niche it really have is the coil set that kills stall with hazzard on the field

Its kinda like Donphan if Donphan did not suck

Edited by JSND

Yay! Its real!

I hope more come out soon, we really need more Kalos Legends when you compare them to other regions (though I suppose Kalos is just smaller overall when it comes to new pokemon). I'm just baffled that there has been no in-game mention of them at all; at least in other regions, there have been mentions of event pokemon by npcs even when you don't have them.

Yay! Its real!

I hope more come out soon, we really need more Kalos Legends when you compare them to other regions (though I suppose Kalos is just smaller overall when it comes to new pokemon). I'm just baffled that there has been no in-game mention of them at all; at least in other regions, there have been mentions of event pokemon by npcs even when you don't have them.

Not at all imo, we'll get 6 (Gen I had 5) after all. In addition Sinnoh and Unova just had too many legendaries (Hoenn to a lesser extent). 3-5 is a fine number.

Edited by Assurhaddon

Not at all imo, we'll get 6 (Gen I had 5) after all. In addition Sinnoh and Unova just had too many legendaries (Hoenn to a lesser extent). 3-5 is a fine number.

Hmm, I suppose that's true too. Well, if we don't get anymore Legendaries after this, I'd like them to keep releasing new megas at least; I can think of so many pokemon that could use one (read: all of them that don't have one yet).

Edited by Silver Lightning