Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good defensive typing allows Blaziken to set up on a reasonable number of Pokemon. Mega Blaziken maintains enough bulk to tank even some STAB super effective hits.

What kind of standard super effective hit is he surviving with triple eighty defenses? Maybe Aqua Jet coming off Clawitzer or something.

What kind of standard super effective hit is he surviving with triple eighty defenses? Maybe Aqua Jet coming off Clawitzer or something.

Air Slash from a Farfetch'd, DUH!

Maybe stupidly gimmick stuff like Brine?

Brine isn't very "standard" since it's never really seen in competitive play. Aqua Jet has lower power but is seen often due to the increased priority, which is one of the ideal ways to fight Speed Boost Blaziken.

Other than that the weakest standard Water moves in power might be Scald and Waterfall. Water Pulse is only really used with Technician or Mega Launcher now, which makes it stronger than both. Clamp has potential too in Gen 6 thanks to the new trapping mechanics too.

Edited by Woodshooter

Had some 5IV successes with the egg RNG "abuse":

Aron (-SpDef, Impish)

Spritzee (-SpDef, Quiet)

Gible (-SpAtk, Jolly) (sadly Sand Veil makes it only legal in Ubers)

Goomy (-Atk, Modest) (I see an Ability Capsule in my near future...Sap Sipper provides a useless boost. The 31 SpAtk was the "uninherited" IV.)

Going slower than I'd like for a few reasons:

- I don't have enough potential parents to really take advantage of this, most of these were from sifting through the box and finding parents with the right IVs to put together

- So many of my projects are gender-skewed, I only have 1:1 "scout" parents

Vaporeon Scald did not beat uninvested Blaziken in one shot, so its pretty much just Scald

Edited by Eradicator Boner

If it survives Scald, could it survive Waterfall from physical water-types?

Depending on the investment, but MOST OF THE TIME I would say no

Here's the calcs:

Uninv Vaporeon Surf - 99.7% - 117.6%

This was Old Surf btw

Uninv Vaporeon Scald 83.7% - 98.3%

Bottom line, the chance of Blaziken Surviving, when you factors in SR is actually pretty unrealistic as a whole

Edited by Eradicator Boner

I just finally tried out the Battle Maison, and I only could win fifteen battles. That's probably pathetic... :(

I had gotten myself occupied with other things and put down Pokemon for a little while. Heh.

Also, I was told that I could get Leftovers there, but it's not in either list of buyable items at the counters. I looked twice. So where IS the Leftovers?

Edited by Anacybele

I just finally tried out the Battle Maison, and I only could win fifteen battles. That's probably pathetic... :(

I once went to the Battle Maison and got 0-3'd by a Gardevoir during battle #1.

It had Hypnosis and Dream Eater and the only Pokemon faster than it was weak to Psychic.

I just got back from the best 100% homemade Thanksgiving Dinner spread I've ever had, courtesy of my little sis and mum. So stuffed....

I had gotten myself occupied with other things and put down Pokemon for a little while. Heh.

Also, I was told that I could get Leftovers there, but it's not in either list of buyable items at the counters. I looked twice. So where IS the Leftovers?

Its not pathetic at all. I've had worse losses, and I find that it gets easier when you have specially trained pokemon depending on what type of battle. First one I did was Triple Battle and I managed to beat it with my in-game team since I could use the strength of my whole party.

Leftovers is on Route 12, btw. Wish their was a way to get more than one...

Results:

Poll: Pokemon Gen IV (Part 2 - Evolution Methods) (42 member(s) have cast votes)

Attach Item & Lv. Up!

1. Gliscor - 18 votes [42.86%]
  2. Weavile - 18 votes [42.86%]
  3. Chansey - 2 votes [4.76%]
  4. Neither - 4 votes [9.52%]

Lv. Up near specific area

1. Magnezone - 33 votes [78.57%]
  2. Probopass - 1 votes [2.38%]
  3. Neither - 8 votes [19.05%]

Lv. Up near specific area (Eevee edition)

1. Leafeon - 15 votes [35.71%]
  2. Glaceon - 20 votes [47.62%]
  3. Neither - 7 votes [16.67%]

Attack based

1. Lickilicky - 1 votes [2.38%]
  2. Tangrowth - 3 votes [7.14%]
  3. Ambipom - 5 votes [11.90%]
  4. Yanmega - 18 votes [42.86%]
  5. Mamoswine - 12 votes [28.57%]
  6. Neither - 3 votes [7.14%]

Trade with Items

1. Electivire - 26 votes [61.90%]
  2. Magmortar - 7 votes [16.67%]
  3. Neither - 9 votes [21.43%]

And finally the last Gen IV poll, holy shit, so many improvements. There will be no Unova poll because Quint hasn't played Gen 5 :smug: (jk)

Hope you like them :awesome:!

Edited by Quintessence