Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about Power Whip...Any of the high-power miss-a-lot moves is "fun" (except to actually use) in my book.

...yeah, maybe I shouldn't have taken my rage out on them for stuffing up teams I had planned.

Maybe I should get my start playing in the lower tiers so I can safely use flashy but weaker teams, what with a lot of final-form starters ending up in the bottom tiers.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

No, I mean "kit" wise, Ferrothorn and Foretress are some of the most boring pokemon ever. The later is made around momentum, except the idea of momentum is switching. Thats ridiculously boring, except it have every single hazzard related moves ever. Meanwhile Ferrothorn is basically Grass type who can spikes, which is also "boring"

No, I mean "kit" wise, Ferrothorn and Foretress are some of the most boring pokemon ever. The later is made around momentum, except the idea of momentum is switching. Thats ridiculously boring, except it have every single hazzard related moves ever. Meanwhile Ferrothorn is basically Grass type who can spikes, which is also "boring"

no toxic spikes nor sticky web :p

Preppign my ass for competitive battles. Lessee what we have herr.

Moiderfehtos the Reuniclus (Modest): 5IV (0 SPD, 31 everything else) except Attack. Psyshock, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, and Trick Room.

MANURY!!!! the Mamoswine (Adamant) 4IV, sans Sp Atk/HP. Stone Edge, Earthquake, Icicle Crash, and Ice Shard.

And that's it. Azumarill and Dragonite are my next goals, Ferrothorn and Tyrannitar are put under consideration....I need a sixth member.

Any recommendations for held items for Moiderfehtos and Manury, as well as a final teammate fort hat last slot?

If your Reuniclus has Magic Guard, then Life Orb is a really good item for it, because it gets the damage increase without taking any recoil damage from the Orb. As for your Mamoswine, I'd say with Life Orb or Choice Band, since it doesn't have any boosting moves.

Edited by Shuuda

Wait, I didn't know Snarl dealt dmg to pokemons with Substitute instead of damaging the Substitute itself. Was during a Multi Battle, an opposing Scrafty used Substitute (Sub+Focus Punch) and my Taunted Umbreon used Snarl and dmg Scrafty o.O

Was this known in Gen V?

Wait, I didn't know Snarl dealt dmg to pokemons with Substitute instead of damaging the Substitute itself. Was during a Multi Battle, an opposing Scrafty used Substitute (Sub+Focus Punch) and my Taunted Umbreon used Snarl and dmg Scrafty o.O

Was this known in Gen V?

I believe it's a gen VI mechanic; all sound based moves can bypass Substitute (Bug Buzz, Roar, Boomburst, etc).

Man, raising a Hydregion sure took some time. I was able to raise three other Pokémon to level 50 at the same time, despite not giving them the Lucky Egg.

Man, raising a Hydregion sure took some time. I was able to raise three other Pokémon to level 50 at the same time, despite not giving them the Lucky Egg.

What I usually do is Lucky Egg to main battler and Amulet Coin to another one, Exp. Share On and Exp. O-Power Lv. 3 On and do Triple Battles at the 3-starred Lumiose Restaurant. Dat 10K+ Exp from Audino is just awesome :awesome: Edited by Quintessence

I have 6 Lucky Egg, so Le Wow is now a paradise :awesome: \

The trick is to NOT evolve Hydreigon before it reach the evo level. A lot of late evolver such as Aggron appreciates this "trick"

6... wow... That's a lot... I only have 2. xP

Wait, how does that help? Each Pokémon line has a certain amount of experience it needs to reach level 100. Deino and Zweilous won't level up any more quickly than Hydreigon. The only reason you wouldn't want to evolve is to learn moves earlier...

Or am I not getting something here?

Wait, I think I got it.

before it reach the evo level

Edited by Fruity Insanity

I have 6 Lucky Egg, so Le Wow is now a paradise :awesome: \

The trick is to NOT evolve Hydreigon before it reach the evo level. A lot of late evolver such as Aggron appreciates this "trick"

holy 6 eggs. Where do you get them?

Edit: also, WAT. Neither is winning >_<

Edited by Quintessence

Pre Evolved that can actually evolve gets a Boosted experience gain, so if you want to train a non legendary, non stone/special condition evo pokemon, don't evolve them before they would learn the important moves soon/use a Heart Scale

Yeah 2 hours hunting nets me 6 Lucky Egg lol

Pre Evolved that can actually evolve gets a Boosted experience gain, so if you want to train a non legendary, non stone/special condition evo pokemon, don't evolve them before they would learn the important moves soon/use a Heart Scale

proof, please.