Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lopuny obviously looks more like a rabbit

just look at dat body

I don't exactly trust myself to clone things haha

I like both, personally. Just bred myself a CharX and gonna breed a CharY when I have a bit more free time and search for someone who is willing to get me a Y stone

I like how CharY plays more, but CharX has a palette I couldn't refuse.

ZardY was one of the main reasons for me choosing Y (along with Mewtwo and Yveltal)

Since thanks to Nintendo's free XY, I now have both games, I'll probably be trying to farm for exclusive mega stones to try to trade for othe things since you're one of the people that helped me a lot in this game for nothing, I'll probably try to get one for you once I can restart my Y file

Zard's is actually the easier to get since you get it with the Charmander Syncamore gives you very early on

True! At least it beats Blizzard and Thunder though...

Thunder at least got that boost to 100% in rain going for it

Edited by Sety.

Nidoran female and Nidoran male are DEFINITELY rabbit-like. The ears! And their cute little bunny-teeth too! They just become more reptillian as they evolve. Bunny-dinosaurs. :D

Not to me. The only thing they have in common with rabbits is the long ears. Lots of rodents have the buck teeth. I can't imagine why whoever wrote these pages listed rabbit as one of the origins. And even then, only the male Nidoran and Nidorino have long ears. The female line and Nidoking don't have them.

Edited by Anacybele

Blizzard gets 100%ACC in Hail too, but I prefer having good accuracy and getting a power boost in weather, especially considering the weather nerf.

Not to me. The only thing they have in common with rabbits is the long ears. Lots of rodents have the buck teeth. I can't imagine why whoever wrote these pages listed rabbit as one of the origins. And even then, only the male Nidoran and Nidorino have long ears. The female line and Nidoking don't have them.

Nidoking doesn't have long ears? Really? All of the Female line has them too...

Edited by Refa

As a person who spends far too much time staring at rabbits all the time

Nidoran's base anatomy match up very well with rabbits. The emerald sprite even have that cute little hop. They're just quite a bit spikier.

Not really. Rabbits don't have scaly-looking skin, poison, horns, or spikes. They also have fluffy tails, which both Nidoran lack.

EDIT: Now THAT looks almost exactly like Nidoking.

Edited by Anacybele

@Spaceman Dude, that's awesome.

As a person who spends far too much time staring at rabbits all the time

Seems like a worthwhile use of your time!

Not really. Rabbits don't have scaly-looking skin, poison, horns, or spikes. They also have fluffy tails, which both Nidoran lack.

And mice don't have tails shaped like thunderbolts (Pikachu). It's almost like Pokemon aren't 1:1 copies of their real life counterparts...

Edited by Refa

Again the quote used is from Bulbapedia.

Check for yourself.

I did. And I think Bulbapedia is mistaken. Besides, it said rabbits OR a couple of other things. Not most definitely rabbit.

So its a combination of all of those things then.

And if you have a problem with it, then you can ask them about it. They won't make a hissy fit about it being changed.

Mice don't have bright red cheek pouches that zap people on contact, yet we have pikachu.

To the delight of cats all around the world (although I guess not all of them eat mice shut up Refa).

I dunno, I always like learning about the inspirations behind various Pokemon. Like I always knew Tyrannitar resembled Godzilla, but I never actually knew it was actually based on it until I looked around. Also Tyrannitar is awesome, definitely on topic. I'm 35% sure you can catch a Larvitar in Pokemon X/Y!

Rabbits? Deadly? o.O

EDIT: Larvitar is only available in Pokemon Y. :P

Rabbits have a extremely powerful kick

please don't get kicked by a rabbit it's bad for your health and for the rabbit too (maybe it's thematically accurate to have a lopunny knowing hi-jump kick then)

Also Monty Python

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hey Ana, I have a ton of bred timid drought Vulpixes I could give you. Most of them have 3-4 IVs so just choose a gender and I'll send one your way if you haven't gotten one already

Ah, I wouldn't mind taking one of yours then. When I'm ready, that is. Still working on my dex. :P

Now I just need the Zubat line and Axew line for my Central one!

Edited by Anacybele