Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it's based on the Usagi Ringo, which are those apple slices cut to look like bunnies

So I say it qualifies

I have one in my UU bunnyteam anyway

Edited by Thor Odinson

Also it symbolizes VICTORY and has the best attack in the game (unless it doesn't then well fuck dammit) which may or may not actually be the best attack in the game. So good.

Edited by Refa

I'm not sure. I can't really figure out what Victini is based on.

But another thing I don't get is why people say Mew and Mewtwo are cat-like. Imo, they look more like kangaroo rats, Mew especially.

I'm not sure. I can't really figure out what Victini is based on.

But another thing I don't get is why people say Mew and Mewtwo are cat-like. Imo, they look more like kangaroo rats, Mew especially.

What

Not actually true though. Bulbapedia states that it has some cat like features.

Though, Mew is supposed to be based on an embryo, as it is the origin of all Pokemon.

An embryo? Yeah, no. Embryos don't have insanely long tails with rounded ends. Kangaroo rats do. They also have the big feet, small hands, and small ears. All of which Mew has.

Edited by Anacybele

An Embryo? Yeah, no. Embryos don't have insanely long tails with rounded ends. Kangaroo rats do. They also have the big feet, small hands, and small ears. All of which Mew has.

What the

You do realize Mew is the spawn of all Pokemon correct? Your reasoning is a bit...odd to me.

What the

You do realize Mew is the spawn of all Pokemon correct? Your reasoning is a bit...odd to me.

Doesn't mean it's based off of an embryo. It looks nothing like one. It's based off of a kangaroo rat, no doubt.

http://www.in-the-desert.com/rodent/IMAG004.JPG

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35500000/Mew-mew-pokemon-35593368-450-338.jpg

Proof.

Doesn't mean it's based off of an embryo. It looks nothing like one. It's based off of a kangaroo rat, no doubt.

http://www.in-the-desert.com/rodent/IMAG004.JPG

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35500000/Mew-mew-pokemon-35593368-450-338.jpg

Proof.

Very interesting.

But all Pokemon are not based off of animals.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

Mewtwo's one of my favorites, but I feel like its sprites after the first two generations are missing a little bit of the...personality. I mean they still look cool, but they aren't really as imposing. Although to be fair I think Yellow version had the worst Mewtwo sprite...

An embryo? Yeah, no. Embryos don't have insanely long tails with rounded ends. Kangaroo rats do. They also have the big feet, small hands, and small ears. All of which Mew has.

Have you heard of an umbilical cord?

Have you heard of an umbilical cord?

Not one sticking out of an embryo's butt.

How can no one see the resemblance to a kangaroo rat?

Mewtwo in general?

Well if you read backstory, it was supposed to be more powerful than Mew and an artificially generated powerhouse.

Which is why it looks so different.

Um, I know? Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, I'm gone for a few hours and this topic explodes with pages.... 0.0

Yeah, we'll definitely have to clash with our teams someday, fight fire with fire! And then I'll have an excuse to play one of me favorite songs, "Light My Fire", in the background as we battle. =3

All embryos have tails. Mew's general lack of defined features and pink color, as well as its status as the ancestor of all pokemon make it looks likely that it's based on an embryo. Mewtwo could be considered like a modified 'adult' version of Mew. Nothing says that they haven't taken some elements from Kangaroo rats, but the rounded tail end could very well be a design choice and cats have 'large' feet when they're not standing on the tip of them

bengal-cat-standing-hind-legs-8548903.jp