Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

Nah, still the generic black/grey thing for all, unfortunately.

Anyone know which of the newest generation of Pokemon are turning out to be the most useful? I tried using Helioptile for a little bit, but it was just so damn weak and there were heaps of Fighting types around at the time so it couldn't really do much. Plus, it's a stone-evolve Pokemon, which means it's stuck as some little shit for a long time. Flabebe wasn't really all that good either, although I might have called that too soon. I'm curious to see how people went with other lines like Fletchling & Litleo. I'm using Amaura and Honedge myself and have found them awesome so far. Amaura seems to have great type coverage and its ability means Ice-flavoured Return, which is good.

I heard Power Herb!Xerneas w/ Geomancy is OP :Kappa:

no but seriously, I think Sylveon would be decent

Edited by shadykid

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhhh......I'm in one of the houses in Coumarine City talking to a 'minstrel' npc, and he started playing Emotion from Black/White and B/W 2. All the nostalgia.....I tipped him the full amount and wished I could give him more.....

N-No, I'm not crying...

I just have dust in my eyes...

No, seriously... I stood here for a few minutes while tears fiiled my eyes. So beautifull !

Edited by shyteddie

Nah, still the generic black/grey thing for all, unfortunately.

Anyone know which of the newest generation of Pokemon are turning out to be the most useful? I tried using Helioptile for a little bit, but it was just so damn weak and there were heaps of Fighting types around at the time so it couldn't really do much. Plus, it's a stone-evolve Pokemon, which means it's stuck as some little shit for a long time. Flabebe wasn't really all that good either, although I might have called that too soon. I'm curious to see how people went with other lines like Fletchling & Litleo. I'm using Amaura and Honedge myself and have found them awesome so far. Amaura seems to have great type coverage and its ability means Ice-flavoured Return, which is good.

doublade is fkin sweet. i just need to find a dusk stone. amaura is awesome. floette is good, but extremely annoying because she's learning almost exclusively grass type moves so far and needs a shiny stone (thankfully i found one). she's pure fairy type too, which confuses me even more.

I never bothered finding a Dusk Stone for Doublade, I found it good enough with Eviolite for in-game purposes, even at endgame

I'm sure a lot of the Pokemon that were worse that got Mega Evolutions will appreciate them, especially if it gives them a better typing (Charizard X), good ability (Absol, Mawille), or stats it really appreciates

Edited by Goldberg

I'm sure mega pokemon will be a great help ingame- but what most people don't seem to realize is that competitively, items like Life Orb and Choice Band/Specs/Scarf boost offensive stats more than the Mega Stone does. So the mega evolution is good either for a new ability, new typing, or maybe additional durability. So some mega pokemon, like say Ampharos or Kangaskhan, with a shiny new type or ability, will most likely be better than their old version. But Mewtwo? Most likely not.

I'm sure mega pokemon will be a great help ingame- but what most people don't seem to realize is that competitively, items like Life Orb and Choice Band/Specs/Scarf boost offensive stats more than the Mega Stone does. So the mega evolution is good either for a new ability, new typing, or maybe additional durability. So some mega pokemon, like say Ampharos or Kangaskhan, with a shiny new type or ability, will most likely be better than their old version. But Mewtwo? Most likely not.

Mega Mewtwo Y probably won't be used, but Y can see more uses for Mega Mewtwo X

To the Froakie users: how good is his movepool?

I haven't been hearing good things...

So far it hasn't been anything special. Water Shuriken sounds cool but thats about it. On the plus side, my Greninja learned Substitute last night.....

To the Froakie users: how good is his movepool?

I haven't been hearing good things...

not bad, but not great, either. i'm hoping night slash comes up soon, and something better than water shuriken.

honestly, the TMs offered in this game is probably going to be how i finalize most of my poke's movesets anyway.

I've never seen it having a dark-type move from any of the screens I've seen. Water Shuriken looks a little unnecessary for a Pokemon who is not slow but is reliant on special offence.

thought it was a relatively mediocre mixed attacker?

According to Smogon, Greninja's base SpA is 104, which ties it with Infernape.

I've also just learned that Greninja doesn't get Swords Dance... or Nasty Plot...

I thought Infernape had 108 base speed? Huh

According to Smogon, Greninja's base SpA is 104, which ties it with Infernape.

I've also just learned that Greninja doesn't get Swords Dance... or Nasty Plot...

according to Smogon, the preliminary read on Greninja is that he's a boss