Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does evolving Eevee into Sylveon require it to know a fairy move or does it require you to teach it one?

It needs to have a fairy move and max affinity in the Pokemon-amie. Level it up and it should evolve

Maybe that was the point - to make Moonblast preferrable to Ice Beam or whatever.

Except Ice Beam is probably much more accessible and can freeze... however low the chance is.

Like, practically every Water-type Pokemon can learn Ice Beam... Moonblast? Nope.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Its not available till after the blackout is fixed. Its in the Prism Tower (Eiffel tower) for future reference.

Oh okay, thanks. I figured that Eiiffel Tower-like structure had a name too. lol

So people who've been playing this game all the way through already. I'm curious as to how you'd set up a Nuzlocke in this game considering all the gifts the game spoon feeds you or so I've heard.

Would you remove the gift pokemon etc?

So people who've been playing this game all the way through already. I'm curious as to how you'd set up a Nuzlocke in this game considering all the gifts the game spoon feeds you or so I've heard.

Would you remove the gift pokemon etc?

I believe in a nuzlocke gift pokemon are okay to use as long as you haven't already obtained a pokemon in the same place

There's no definite rule though but I think that's what most people do. Do whatever you want

I believe in a nuzlocke gift pokemon are okay to use as long as you haven't already obtained a pokemon in the same place

There's no definite rule though but I think that's what most people do. Do whatever you want

That's usually the rule yeah, I was just curious if anyone would change that for this game considering all the kindness the game gives haha

There aren't that many. There's only four iirc in total including your starter.

Currently chucking ultra balls at a shiny Druddigon.

That's still quite a few lol also wow a shiny already!? I've still only found a shiny in Gen 3 and I've been playing this series since Gen 1!

That's still quite a few lol also wow a shiny already!? I've still only found a shiny in Gen 3 and I've been playing this series since Gen 1!

Gen 1 didn't have any shinies

I found a shiny on this game two days after getting it. Unfortunately it was a shiny Mr. Mime ;_;

That makes around 4 shinies for me so far in my pokemon experience

FRLG gives: starter, hitmonchan/lee, lapras and eevee. It's the same number here.

Also caught \o/

Still Lapras is very underleveled, unlike a certain Lucario I heard about :P

Woo shiny!

Edit: Also I know Gen 1 had no shinies, I just made mention of playing since Gen 1 because I've played all da gens up to 5, I haven't got 6 yet

Edited by Jedi

You can grind Lapras up. It's pretty much the same result.

True, but I don't usually grind in the rare times I do nuzlocke :P

But very true none the less

Probably. lol

Also, I forgot to mention, my Fennekin evolved and my Fletchling just evolved a little while ago too. I hope I can get to route 6 before the next gym. I really want to add an Oddish to my team for coverage and another member. Both my other Pokemon are Fire types and the only ones I'm using (I'm boxing my Bulbasaur and I boxed the event Torchic too) atm.

Edited by Anacybele

Yay, another Oddish user! Gloom learns a whole bunch of new moves and is really bulky with Eviolite. Poisonpowder + Venoshock is a really nice combo, and then it also gets Giga Drain and Petal Dance (reliability + healing vs power) and can learn Dazzling Gleam (fairy move) from a TM. I was really happy with it.

Yay, another Oddish user! Gloom learns a whole bunch of new moves and is really bulky with Eviolite. Poisonpowder + Venoshock is a really nice combo, and then it also gets Giga Drain and Petal Dance (reliability + healing vs power) and can learn Dazzling Gleam (fairy move) from a TM. I was really happy with it.

Why not Toxic + Venoshock?