Pokemon X/Y General Thread

Quintessence

*went to challenge a Sky Trainer*

"Oh, you don't seem to have any Pokemon that can fly!"

*Delibird cries*

I don't get this restriction at all. Flygon was able to!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the pokemon 3d model is flying (or levitating), then it's eligible to sky battles. It has nothing to do with the type or ability.

LAME. What about stuff that can Fly without flapping its wings?!

(I need to see if this means that I can use something like Magnemite. . .because THAT would be hilarious)

What the--UGH. Congratulations, Game Freak, you've made the most counter-intuitive battle system to date. ;/

(as soon as Baltoy becomes available, I start wrecking)

Yes, I think you can use magnezone.

No, according to serebii you can't.

Basically every pokemon with Flying-type or Levitate can participate. Exceptions to this seem to be stuff like flying-types that don't actually fly in battle not being able to join (like Doduo), and Mega Charizard X, because it has Flying-type before transforming. Then there's really weird stuff like Haunter being only one in his line that can be used...

Now imagine if Sky Battles could be done with other players... =/

The entirety of Sky Battles just serves to illustrate Game Freak's lack of common sense. Levitate should be an innate property of things that can fly/hover, not just an ability. Gyarados is a fish and can't learn Fly, but it can magically participate in an aerial battle just because it has the typing? And yet Gengar can't, despite having Levitate. And Beedrill has wings, but posesses neither Flying-type nor Levitate, when it's honestly more suited to a Sky Battle than Gyarados is.

Such stupidity.

I went back and did a bit more Mawile breeding, and according to the IV calculator, the result so far is this:

Mawile - #303 (Hardy)
Male (♂)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 31
SpA: 4, 6
SpD: 31
Speed: 14, 16

Tomorrow, I'll breed this bad boy with the female adamant Mawile I've got sitting around, and hopefully I'll have my excellent Mawile. This whole breeding thing feels pretty rewarding right now. I guess I'm naive natured.

Incidently, I also have another Mawile with perfect IVs in HP, Atk, and Def, if anyone is interested in it.

Edited by Shuuda

where do you get more honey?

Not sure where you can buy it from, but if you're looking to use honey for horde encounters, just catch a Combee. They get Sweet Scent and the Honey Gather ability (which lets them collect more honey for you).

Edited by Shuuda

I went back and did a bit more Mawile breeding, and according to the IV calculator, the result so far is this:

Mawile - #303 (Hardy)

Male (♂)

HP: 31

Att: 31

Def: 31

SpA: 4, 6

SpD: 31

Speed: 14, 16

Tomorrow, I'll breed this bad boy with the female adamant Mawile I've got sitting around, and hopefully I'll have my excellent Mawile. This whole breeding thing feels pretty rewarding right now. I guess I'm naive natured.

Incidently, I also have another Mawile with perfect IVs in HP, Atk, and Def, if anyone is interested in it.

Make sure you slap a Destiny Knot on this Mawile, as you'll have a higher chance to pass down its IV's to the child if you do. And hopefully you have a spare Everstone for your female Mawile!

Make sure you slap a Destiny Knot on this Mawile, as you'll have a higher chance to pass down its IV's to the child if you do. And hopefully you have a spare Everstone for your female Mawile!

Yeap, that's the plan, though I'm not 100% sure how the Destiny Knot works. I believe it ensures that the parent holding it will pass down a certain number. I think three, right?

I'll shotgun this. Can we trade tomorrow though? I'm somewhat busy at the moment

Yeap, that's the plan, though I'm not 100% sure how the Destiny Knot works. I believe it ensures that the parent holding it will pass down a certain number. I think three, right?

I believe it was that 5 IVs from the parents' IV pool are passed down assuredly, instead of 3(2?). So instead of 3(2?) IVs of the 12 from the parents being automatically passed down, it becomes 5/12 being passed down.

Edited by Konnor97

5 IVs from EITHER parent are passed, instead of the usual 3.

Imagine you have two mawviles:

HP 31 26

ATK 31 25

DEF 31 31

SPATK 13 05

SPDEF 12 31

SPD 11 31

The game will randomly pick 5 of those IVs, from either parent and give to the child. Those IVs can't be from the same stat, so the child will never inherit the same stat from both the father and the mother.]

The child could be

XX(Not inherited)

But it could also be

XX

Those are just examples, any combination could happen.

Edited by Nobody

They are more likely to inherit the mother's ability. Try using a mother with compound eyes (that's the other ability, right?)

Is this new? Or was it always like this?

Would breeding one of the male Joltiks with a Ditto return it to 50/50?

Edited by Spaceman Craig