Awakening sells 390,000 to date in America

Shadow Stalker X

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/12/madden-nfl-25-saints-row-iv-top-us-sales-in-august?abthid=523251b4f8aefdec3700002d

According to IGN's NPD report, Awakening has sold 390,000 copies so far. Combined with ~500,000 that Japan sold, we almost know that this is the first Fire Emblem to sell 1,000,000 copies.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course something with Sumia on the cover would sell so much.

If this is only counting America's and Japan's sales, then wouldn't it be more than likely that the sales in Europe would have it past the one million mark?

Of course something with Sumia on the cover would sell so much.

If this is only counting America's and Japan's sales, then wouldn't it be more than likely that the sales in Europe would have it past the one million mark?

Most likely, but I think everyone would still like to know the actual numbers sold there, something that even now I haven't heard anything about.

FE14, here we come.

And many more hopefully.

It'd be enough to have a guarantee, and it'd be even better for it not to take as long to get over here either. But as long as the series continues in general (and gets localized; I'm lookin at YOU FE12), I'm satisfied.

I know this'll probably never happen to FE since its not as huge a nintendo title, but I wish the games could be developed in other locations side by side with Japan in order to have a world wide release like they're doing with Pokemon X&Y. *Wishful thinking*

^It might be wishful thinking but as long as you realize it, I don't think it's bad thinking. XD I mean I know I'd like the games to be released earlier/around the same time, it's sort of a pain trying not to spoil myself with the Japanese game, haha.

There was an article somewhere, possibly Siliconera, that if SMT x FE sold 700,000 copies worldwide, another console FE would get Greenlit

I will buy many copies to make sure that happens

Well...U.S's' is 390, 000 copies. If only we could get the answer to e-shops sales, then the actual total will get good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516434

So far for the first three weeks after it's release in the e-shop, it's 25k.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

Well...U.S's' is 390, 000 copies. If only we could get the answer to e-shops sales, then the actual total will get good.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516434

So far for the first three weeks after it's release in the e-shop, it's 25k.

As was previously stated, the 390,000 is the combination of both the retail and the digital versions sold.

There was an article somewhere, possibly Siliconera, that if SMT x FE sold 700,000 copies worldwide, another console FE would get Greenlit

I remember the article you're speaking about it, but I believe it was Intelligent Systems saying that a Wii U Fire Emblem game would need to sell 700,000 to be a worthwhile game to make.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Nah, that was some gross misinterpretation of a top IS dude stating a console FE would need to sell 700K to be profitable or along those lines.

Some people decided to read a "console FE" as "SMT X FE".

I wonder why 700k is anywhere near logical when the average sales of FE is IIRC around 500k

And even worse, its a console FE....

I believe they're factoring in the cost of making such a game. Since it would be for Wii U, there is expectations of the such a game being HD, which ups the cost of the game even further.

Its still a niche strategy game x niche rpg game though

If that's the case, they probably won't make it then.

I don't believe the statement is "we're going to make a console FE that MUST sell 700K copies", it's "we'll make it IF it sells that much [or we think it could sell that much]".

Don't forget the series was going to be put on the shelves if Awakening didn't sell over X copies. IS likely can't afford to take a risk at this point; Nintendo is a business after all.

But anyway, 390K in NA sounds great. I do wonder how well Awakening did in Europe though...

Edited by VincentASM

I kinda wondered why they considered shelving the series when the last two games actually manage to get Average Sales

Probably because production costs escalated but the sales didn't.

In any case, I'm glad the series won't be shelved for the moment.

I wonder why 700k is anywhere near logical when the average sales of FE is IIRC around 500k

And even worse, its a console FE....

It's a sales projection. It's what a project needs for profit. That's why a Wii U FE is not viable in itself.

I kinda wondered why they considered shelving the series when the last two games actually manage to get Average Sales

I don't think they were average sales. They probably were much lower than Nintendo's sales projections for those particular games to make a sizable profit.

And considering each console's install base, RD and the DS FE had really disappointing sales.

Does anyone have any reliable data for how much FE7 sold. All I can find is that it sold 331,000 units. If that's the case, then Awakening is the series' most successful iteration in the US.

Edited by Viewtiful_J