Favorite generation for competitive OU play

Redwall

asdf  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which OU metagame do you enjoy the most?

I loved the Stahll Wars known as Gen 3. Crocune <3

I also enjoyed Gen 4 and played it very seriously. The power creep was weird at first but I adapted.

Then came Gen 5 and I had no interest. Tried to get into it but I just didnt enjoy the new meta at all.

RBY demands a lot of hustle and is fun for this reason, but the hax gets a bit too ridiculous for my liking. In a game from a few hours ago, I was initially outplaying this guy on the ladder, with me getting an early sleep and predicting his Chansey moves perfectly and baiting him into paralyzing my own Chansey, but then I later missed a Stun Spore and suffered two FPed Explosion attempts and had a complete meltdown.

GSC looks potentially interesting, but the only people I can find on the ladder aren't really familiar with the GSC metagame at all.

RSE is fun, though I do wonder how it would look if Magneton (and possibly Dugtrio) were gone.

I didn't really like the heavy-offense teams in DPP, but other than that it was okay.

Never really got into BW for various reasons, including the weather wars.

I like BW for being able to do tons of viable dub stuff, but lets face it, Weather Wars sucked

DPP is the only other one that I played, but Mew is unplayable in DPP(and for good reason I guess, most of DPP threats are trivialized by T-W Mew)