So, I found out...

Anacybele

Thanks so much, guys. Yeah, remembering the good times now is actually helping. :)

Florina: Unfortunately, I'm the only one of my grandma's grandchildren that got to know her as well as I did. Two of my cousins were basically MIA for many years, two of them are much younger than me, my half brother is much younger than me, and my stepbrothers just never chose to see her much (that's their problem though).

But I'm sorry to hear about your grandma too. Few people survive lung cancer, truth be told. Last I checked, the survival rate was around 14%. But at least you all know it's coming and you have a little more time before she goes.

Pukuriripo: Actually, I'm unsure about that. But I guess now I'll never know...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know your pain, this literally just happened to me, they said my grandma had 2 weeks, she passed in just mere days... I can only add on with the contact her however you can messages, but I'll say this, as long as you let her know you love her, at least I'll be proud... mine, she was with me before she was taken to the hospital, and I didn't tell her, now I regret not ever saying it, it's the one thing I regret in my 25 years on this earth... but I won't digress, as long as your grandma knows your feelings, I think it'll be alright, I hope you get through this okay

Don't worry too much. She knew.

Yeah, I see what you mean. My grandmother is the woman that mowed her own lawns in her old age, beat a lot of cancer before, and walked mountains and giant palace gardens with a broken foot. I do have a lot of memories with her, but thinking of them only makes me cry more...

But maybe thinking of how strong a woman she was instead might help...

Your grandma is fucking awesome. Celebrating the life she lived should be easy stuff! :D

I gonna admit moments like these make me wish I have a good relationship with my grandma, or anything close to it

But its already hopeless anyway

either way, my condolences

Edited by JSND

The closest "person" I had who died is my cat, so I can't really undestand how you feel.

I started to realize my grandparents aren't immortal.

One of my grandmother just had her birthday yesterday and hit 85. That was a shock to see her, because she's slowly starting to loose her memories.

I think that seeing someone you love becomming a shadow of him/herself is, in a way, worse.

At least, she stayed herself until the very end.

Not sure if I'm rubbng salt over your wounds...

Anyway, Life continue. The best thing you can do now is to live a good life, and remember her fondly.

I daresay that you're lucky to have gotten to spend some time with your grandmother. I never got such luxury save for one time that I was too young to remember.

And I did already mention what happened to my Aunt, but would it be alright if I could mention that I lost another Aunt? I literally came close to shedding a tear last Thursday during and after the funeral services.

But still. You have my sympathy. It's never easy losing a loved one.