Hypothetical FE14 Announcement

Fruity Insanity

FE1 (1990) -> FE2 (1992) -> FE3 (1994) -> FE4 (1996) -> FE5 (1999) -> FE6 (2002) -> FE7 (2003) -> FE8 (2004) -> FE9 (2005) -> FE10 (2007) -> FE11 (2008) -> FE12 (2010) -> FE13 (2012) -> FE14 (????)

FE13 was revealed in Japan in... November of 2011, I think? Sometime around then. Anyway, it was about 5-6 months before its launch.

If FE14 were to follow the general trend of "1 FE game every two years," then it would sound reasonable for FE14 to be revealed sometime within the next few months, maybe.

However, considering the fact that IS is already making an FE game... or part FE (the SMT x FE crossover), and the fact that FE will be turning 25 in 2015, perhaps IS will use a 2014 launch of SMT x FE to sate the FE fans for a little while, and release a game the next year, in 2015. In which case, the revealing of FE14 is not due for another while.

Also, considering how there have been 3 year waits for FE (FE4 -> FE5; FE5 -> FE6), it's not entirely unusual either. But those weren't common and were consecutive, which says something. Perhaps they spread out the FE games in that manner due to the fact that IS cancelled the FE 64 game. Not unreasonable.

So 1-2 years is the typical wait for an FE game, I guess?

I dunno...

Anyway, thoughts, people?

When do you think FE14 will be revealed?

What platform will it be on? (Probably the 3DS, but eh.)

#firstFErelatedpostinlikeforever

That's a good way to think about it. I think for FE's 25th though, we should get a true FE crossover, with all the lords being playable without DLC and some of their supporting cast coming with them. This would properly celebrate the series by showing everything it's given us! It'd also be cool to get a music CD like we got for Zelda's 25th, especially since FE is known for having great music. ^^

I think the timing's right for an announcement any time soon (as in within 6 months), but SMT X FE kind of complicates things, so I wouldn't attempt to make an intelligent guess myself.

In any case, Fire Emblem's 25th better be good! I want Nintendo and IS to really throw out the stops--with the new game(s?!) and promoting the series. Dunno if they'll bother though...

IS has demonstrated the ability not only to work fast but to work on two FEs consecutively (8 and 9). It seems to me that unless they're working on a whole new engine they can skeleton crew to make the best game in the series a game.

The 2 year delay surrounded a time when FE was in flux, massively unprofitable, and in need of an overhaul, at least from the perspective of Ninty bigwigs. With FE13's success, I would not be surprised if the next game in the series comes much sooner than the last delay between games.

Edited by General Banzai

Can't wait if it's true! After the success of FE13, surely there should be another game in the works around the corner, whether its FE x SMT or FE14. If I'm being honest, I'd prefer it to be FE14, but until I actually get to see what the crossover is about I won't knock it. And considering the 25th is less than 2 years from now, I expect we should be getting something either to keep the two year trend or for the 25th; but we'll just have to see....

It just occurred to me. All the new fans who appeared because of Awakening and who are ignorant to the older games would probably expect a marriage system in the next FE game. If so, and it's an all the lords crossover, I want IkeXLyn to be a thing.

In all seriousness, they may have to keep the whole marriage system. I just hope they do it like Sigurd and Seliph, or whatever those guys are called.

A marriage system with kids would require either multiple generations of time travel. FE4's paching was shit and FE13's timetravel creates more problems then it solves, just like most instances of time travel in stories. So there probably won't be children characters in every FE game hence. Without the kids, there's not much point to a marriage system aside from paired endings. Hopefully they go back to how supports were in FE 6-9.

My bet? SMT X FE released in 2014 and FE14 released in 2015, to coincide with the series 25 anniversary

However, with FE13's popularity and engine in place, they could release a 2014 game and 2015 game. the 2014 game would be a smaller release akin to Sacred Stones. Maybe a direct sequel to FE13. Then you could have the 25th anniversary in a brand new world and go big, like the Tellius games. Just hopefully they will sell better.

The smaller game won't implement the children aspect, the bigger game will. Marriage should continue, as should the avatar. But the avatar role can change. I prefer multiple supports as opposed to FE6 through 9's limited options. So I'm all for keeping marriage, even if it only changes the ending.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

Quite frankly, I am not so sure that we are going to get news any time soon. During interviews they were already stressing how they had a hard time coming up with new ideas for the next game.

Though, that Fire Emblem on Mars thing souned quite intriguing.

Edited by BrightBow

Please no crossover. I want a new game rather than a cameo fest.

Who said anything about cameos? I said the Lords would all come together to fight side by side against some antagonist. It would be more like the Yu-Gi-Oh crossover movie where the three main protagonists at the time, Yugi (along with Atem, of course), Jaden, and Yusei teamed up because a villain that was hopping through time wanted to kill the guy that created Duel Monsters so the game would never be made.

An FE crossover game could do something similar, except with the whole alternate worlds thing, with the main story taking place in the Outrealms rather than the Outrealms being DLC.

At first I thought this thread was going to be about how we'd imagine a fire emblem game to be unveiled to the public

and I envisioned the lighting dimming, stage smoke engulfing all at a Nintendo press conference, as a mashup of the operatic fire emblem theme and

began to play

a tremendous fire bursts out of center stage, and dead in the middle it cracks open

slowly, a platform rises out of it, upon it an imposing silhouette shrouded in stage smoke

when it clears, the silhouette is revealed to be Reggie Fils-Aime, clad in full ceremonial armor and a tiara, holding something

he raises his arm, the camera zooms into it. bam, it's a 3DS, displaying the logo screen for FE14, which is then projected on the wall behind him

"Sigurd is dead," his voice rings out over the cheers. "Long live Sigurd."

It just occurred to me. All the new fans who appeared because of Awakening and who are ignorant to the older games would probably expect a marriage system in the next FE game. If so, and it's an all the lords crossover, I want IkeXLyn to be a thing.

In all seriousness, they may have to keep the whole marriage system. I just hope they do it like Sigurd and Seliph, or whatever those guys are called.

Not all the new fans from Awakening are completely ignorant to the other games (i.e. Me). I actually lost a lot of love for Awakening after playing the others, particularly FE7, but FE8 is also up there. I'm also (Kind of obviously) really enjoying FE6 currently. Sadly, my opinion of Awakening kinda goes down as I keep going with other games in the series (FE4 is next, so excited!). I still love Awakening, but I no longer consider it a perfect game.

The marriage system in Awakening completely broke the game, so I hope they put it back in, but on a smaller scale.

Also, nerf the avatar. They're too good. Another thing, maybe give an option to change their personality? Nah, that's probably too much to ask for.

What I meant was that there should be so much focus on it. And for the love of all that is holy and has Galeforce, no Avatar please.

all of the yes. also as far as a marriage system goes mabey something akin to fe4's time gap but with a system closer to fe13 support system would be nice. the multiple support idea works so long as you can work on it as long ya like and an open world chose you chapter route thing [witch killed some of the pacing of the story for me.] so i doubt it would be like it is in fe13 unless it was openworld. no more cameos though as they were handled terribly.

i just hope that the hypothetical fe14's gameplay would be more grounded then fe13's gameplay [witch was bullshit.]

i could see a fe4 remake actually because a] i read somewhere that IS has some fondness for the game and

b] it'd be a good chance to rebalance the game.

Not all the new fans from Awakening are completely ignorant to the other games (i.e. Me). I actually lost a lot of love for Awakening after playing the others, particularly FE7, but FE8 is also up there. I'm also (Kind of obviously) really enjoying FE6 currently. Sadly, my opinion of Awakening kinda goes down as I keep going with other games in the series (FE4 is next, so excited!). I still love Awakening, but I no longer consider it a perfect game.

The marriage system in Awakening completely broke the game, so I hope they put it back in, but on a smaller scale.

Also, nerf the avatar. They're too good. Another thing, maybe give an option to change their personality? Nah, that's probably too much to ask for.

I kind of phrased what I said badly... I meant it as there are people who played Awakening first then played the other games, and there are people who played Awakening, then have remained completely ignorant of the other games.

I do quite like Awakening, but I found Devil Survivor: Overclocked to be a better game after hearing the full-voice acting. It was like watching an anime. The dumb sounds made by the Awakening cast now sound stupid by comparison.

Lately it seems Nintendo does multiple things for 20th / 25th anniversaries. I wouldn't be surprised if all of these happened for the anniversary: localized FE12 for download on the eshop, one of FE2/4/5 remake, and FE14 announcement/release.

This will never be made unless Nintendo stands out, and even then, chances are slim. I want FE14 to be a PC game. Maybe with chapter editor, or army creating from many games of the series.