How come some people like babies that aren't related to them?

Nobody

Well, everyone should love their own babies, since they're made from their genes, animals are kind of "programmed" to like their offspring, and after all, they're the ones that will sustain them when they get old (and the fact that the babies exist is the parents fault, so they're obliged to care for them). Also, people should at least pretend they like their relatives/friends babies, since they're the most valuable thing to those people and you want to keep good terms with them. However, I don't understand how some people like the babies of simple acquaintances or unknown people they see on the street. My father is like that, every time he sees a baby, he starts smiling and talking to the baby like he was a retarded, even if the baby is so ugly the mother should have raised the placenta instead, and he's not the only one to do that. Actually, it seems like most people are like that. I mean, babies are dirty, ugly, boring, smelly and ESPECIALLY noisy. They have all the downsides a cat or a dog have, but none of the upsides, if you're not the parent. How SO many people find them "cute" and have to talk to them when they're near those things, even if they won't understand anything?

Edited by Nobody

Maybe they have a different version of what can be cute from yours

Or rather, maybe you're the odd man out in that department

Edited by Rehab

Maybe they have a different version of what can be cute from yours

Or rather, maybe you're the odd man out in that department

Even if they're cute, nothing justifies the smell and the NOISE

i'm sure you were once a shitty baby too

the cool thing is, your dad doesn't have to worry about the noise and shit when he sees a random baby for 10 seconds, so it's fun

Yes, I was a shitty baby, and as his baby it was his responsibility to take care of me, just as it will be mine if I ever have a baby, even though I dislike them in general.

the cool thing is, your dad doesn't have to worry about the noise and shit when he sees a random baby for 10 seconds, so it's fun

Yes, but what's "fun" about them?

Edited by Nobody

i'm not sure if the OP is asking a serious question here

if you are, just ask yourself why some people like dogs or petite girls dressed in cat ears

Imagine if you could program babies to 0% grow. That would be hell on earth, they would always stay on that hideous form. Could YOU beat it?

Edited by Nobody

Genetics and evolution good sir. Think about. Supposed all human came right out into the world as ugly creatures. Would you want to take care of that ting? Not as much, no. So evolution makes us believe things that have large heads and soft features are cute, essentially juvenile animals are cut, that what makes us want to take care of it. Look at pandas and any baby animals there generally cute to us. In fact cuteness is so strong it activates dopamine in your brain, the same thing cocaine does. So when your baby sitting, you are feeding yourdopamine addiction.

Source: some Vsauce video

Edited by sifer

i'm not a koala i'm a person. genes can't make me like people

i like bebbies because they're adorbz

Yah seriously wtf, it's my hormones not my genes.

They're cute. Cute enough to justify liking them, in my opinion.

Also, you musn't forget that they're humanity's future.

No. With the exception of Benjamin Button, babies are our past, not our future.

nope. dogs are hideous, piss and crap everywhere, and i hate having to hear those little shits bark at me every other time i walk by someone's fence.

My dog doesn't shit at my apartment. And yes, he barks a lot, but most people talk even more.

Edited by Nobody

also not sure if facetious or ignorant.

pjsmnryj.jpg

Being serious now, I never said that the parents like their children because of the genes, I just said the children are made by their genes. Of course I know what creates the over-protection is the hormones lol

Which only exists because of the genes :p

Edited by Nobody