How do FE4 and FE5 difficulties compare?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do their difficulties compare to FE7 HNM, Awakening Lunatic, FE8, and FE6 Normal Mode? I did the same thing when getting ready for FE6, and I'm about to play FE4, then FE5.

FE4 is really different, so it's hard to makes a fair comparison.

Once you have understood how it works, it's pretty easy though.

FE5 can be extremely hard if you play it like FE7. It's at least as hard as HNM, and probably harder.

Abuse capture, it's the main advice I can give.

Edited by shyteddie

I say FE5 is pretty difficult and some chapters harder than Hector hard mode!! Some chapters have unlimted enemy spawns and others have chapters with multiple enemy leaders who have leadership stars each star gives an evasion bonus+ hit% bonus to all on the battle field. Also watch out for Magic such as blizzard etc. blizzard can putt a unit to sleep when it hits. FE4 I found to not be too hard some chapters were a pain though,ones I can think of Chapter 9 Yurius and Ishtar and Chapter final chapter with Ishtar again with higher stats... Thor Hammer will always be your worst nightmare even Sety with Holsety will have problems avoiding it.

Thracia is far more difficult than anything you listed there, FE4 is probably around the same difficulty as HNM

Awakening Lunatic vs Thracia?

eh, after you know what you're doing (i.e. not getting stuck in BS) I don't think so

Awakening Lunatic vs Thracia?

eh, after you know what you're doing (i.e. not getting stuck in BS) I don't think so

But you won't know the first time around. That's the whole point.

It is extremely punishing the first time around.

FE4 takes a bit to get used to but it really isn't bad at all, especially if you are abusing holy weapons and arguably the best character in the series.

FE5 blind (if you plan on doing it) is one of the most rage inducing things ever, even more so if you don't plan on warpskipping some of the more ridiculous chapters (ch 22 comes to mind). If you know what you are doing and what each chapter has in store, it isn't all that bad.

Also why aren't FE12 Lunatic/Reverse Lunatic even considered for hardest FE?

I think it's sort of safe to assume that in this context, easy kind of does mean = not very enjoyable, for dondon. Then again, I think I recall him saying FE11 H5 is a walk in the park for him...and he likes it more than the other games.