Why does everyone like Owain, and why is he so popular?

Aplauserlol

How is it that the annoying manchild ended up being the most popular character from the game? I don't see any good qualities in him, and don't understand why he is considered to be the most attractive male Fire Emblem character ever. He isn't even that funny yet everyone loves him, I would love for people to explain why he is the most popular character from the game, and why so many people like him, even though he seems to be another immature cliché idiot swordsman.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like him myself. But some people like his references, hamminess and he's a Myrmidon so he's obviously getting points to some for his class alone.

Now Henry. That's a pretty fun character.

But why would newer fans even care about that? They don't even know what those references mean.

Japanese version at least, he makes me cringe... because he reminds me of how hammy I was as a little kid with all the anime attack names I used to yell out.

That in itself makes me like him, but not as much as the fandom.

Gamers resonate with his personality. Probably reminds them of themselves just like he did me.

Edited by shadowofchaos

did you come from GameFAQs

Owain's not that popular here, Lucina, Cynthia, Morgan, Inigo, and even Severa are more liked

Faceboook, YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, 4chan, etc.

This is a rather niche forum though, which is why people here don't like Tharja or Owain

Sorry but I'm not getting you.

Is it because they are massive/mainstream communities?

you can't seriously tell me you don't know that reddit and 4chan are considered cesspools of crap by everyone outside of them

admittedly not so much for tumblr, but still

Imbecility, is(well, in my case) the first thing you should think of

if you've never been overcome by stupid impulses or aren't curious about what or how imbeciles operate, you likely won't think of that first

you can't seriously tell me you don't know that reddit and 4chan are considered cesspools of crap by everyone outside of them

admittedly not so much for tumblr, but still

Of course those places are crap, but that is where the majority lies.

You ask this while having a Tharja/Cordelia avi....

I don't know.

Why do YOU think people like Owain.

There isn't anything wrong with Cordy and Tharja. I am used to them getting flack anyways. Like I said before this is a small/niche community and it seems people here don't like overly popular characters like Owain and Tharja, so maybe my topic was in the wrong, I still feel that Owain's criticism is justified as I really cant see the appeal.