I... I'm just.... gonna curl up in a corner now

Hey it's monday what am I doing here?

Well...

So I just woke up~! And I checked my emails!!

Recently I just ordered a pretty pretty dreeeess~ And I emailed my measurements for the size to be custom made to them. Everything on that website was shown in cm too so I converted my American measurements to compare whatever size they showed meant! =D And I sent my measurements in cm in case that was what they were most used to using.

Sooooooooo then I received a couple emails this morning from them, the second one I received reads:

"And 1inch = 2.54cm. Just in case you converted the measurements from inches. Just double checking, is your height 147cm?"

............. Yes I am... 147cm (estimated!) is my height, which is 58 inches...... which is 4'10....

........................ this is why being short is not fun... even dressmakers will doubt your height ;~;

Edited by Freohr Datia

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they might have probably asked that regardless of your height. Perhaps it's just standard protocol to make a "Are you sure?" question or something...

Well, trying to divide 147 with 2.54 give 57 with decimals. Likewise multiplying 58 with 2.54 gives 147 and decimals. It was probably that what they were double-checking.

I'm sure that tiny bit of difference really mattered then ;u; (anyway the other measurements I gave would have done the same thing)

Personally, I think they just couldn't believe my height and thought I messed up the conversions, accidentally making myself too short~

"Maybe she mistyped her height, better make sure without sounding rude. Maybe we should have asked her to confirm every measurement, in hindsight."

It's ok though Fre. Don't feel bad, feel happy and secure in the knowledge you're gonna have dat undoubtedly gr8 dress fitting perfectly.

W-well enough people have told me by now that I shouldn't be embarrassed about it that I try not to be.

But to me, if it's so short that they need to double-check... x3

(oh and I feel I should actually say this, I'm really more amused than anything, any embarrassment I show is overexaggerated for self-entertainment~)

Anyway, the thing I care most about though is the inconvenience it brings with it, because I cannot reach anything =< And everything I buy in the store, whether small or extra small, doesn't fit me right.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Anyway, the thing I care most about though is the inconvenience it brings with it, because I cannot reach anything =< And everything I buy in the store, whether small or extra small, doesn't fit me right.

My mom and her mom (my grandmother) are, like, both 5 feet tall...

And they had those problems, too...

My mom's always going on about the inconveniences of clothes shopping for overly short (or tall) women...

It looks so... frilly. Pretty, though~~~

The top and skirt pieces are separate, so you can choose whether to bring the top over the corset or under it, and I'm going to bring it over because doing so makes it even more frilly

They haven't even started making it yet you dumdum xb

And supposedly it'll take a few months before it'll even get here ;~;

Edited by Freohr Datia

I've only been made fun of by 2 or 3 people or so because I'm so quiet that everybody leaves me alone besides the people who decide to not ignore people who may as well be someone who can't speak~

But even worse than that were the people who would ask "hey do you even know how to talk?"

Edited by Freohr Datia