• FE9
    • FE10
    • FE11
    • FE12
    • FE13
  2. 2. Who is cooler?

• Canas
    • Knoll

Since I'm getting ready to play more of the FE games, namely the Tellius and Jugdral series, instead of making topics for each of them, I'm just making this one. Rank the games in order of difficulty. Assume Normal mode for all of them (Yeah, I'm not ready for hard yet), except for Awakening and Blazing Sword, assume Lunatic Hard for FE13 because it's the one I play most, and HNM for FE7.

Screw it, change FE13 Lunatic to Hard, it's bothering me and I don't like it.

Canas/Knoll question added because they're both awesome and I'm curious.

Edited by Duck

since I think you're going in blind, I'll go with FE5=FE13>FE10>FE6>FE7>FE4>FE12>FE9>FE11>FE8

FE12/9/11 are a crapshoot since normal mode is so easy for all of them, but not as bad as Sacred "promoted units have Eirika base stats" Stones normal mode

also ignoring FE1-3 cause I haven't played them, heard they're easy though

(note that difficulty levels didn't really exist (not counting Elite Mode or whatever in FE5) until FE6)

lastly, FE5 slides down once you know what you're doing

Edited by shadykid

FE5 isn't that bad if you're not playing blind. Non-Elite mode is like FE7 HHM and Elite mode is like FE7 HNM. Also, warpskip.

FE13 Lunatic is pretty hard, and I found enjoyable with grinding. :P

Out of the normal modes, FE10's is probably the most challenging, since it's actually Japanese Hard Mode. The English HM = Jap Maniac Mode. And you can actually die if not careful unlike every other Fe's normal mode.

I once ventured into the land of FE13 Normal for a draft....never again. All I needed to see was Chrom getting tinked by myrmidons right away.

LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

(+spd Avatar doubles when paired with Chrom from the start, dat #speedrunstrats)

If you go normal mode on all the games (and even bumping fe13 up to hard)

i would say fe5 is hardest simply due to all the bullshit that is only an issue blind

if we put fe13 as lunatic then its hardest unless you grind

If you go normal mode on all the games (and even bumping fe13 up to hard)

i would say fe5 is hardest simply due to all the bullshit that is only an issue blind

if we put fe13 as lunatic then its hardest unless you grind

FE13 on lunatic is a joke if you know how to completely break it, you abuse Avatar, Nosferatu, Galeforce and the DLC. FE12 actually requires careful planning

Edited by Jedi

FE13 on lunatic is a joke if you know how to completely break it, you abuse Avatar, Nosferatu, Galeforce and the DLC. FE12 actually requires careful planning

Quite true, FE12 Lunatic Reverse is the most brutal thing I have ever played in a FE game. (Trust me after playing it every other FE difficulty will look like a joke aside from maybe FE13 Lunatic+) FE13 Lunatic however was hard the first time, but is now a much simpler, enjoyable affair yet still has some difficulties as I don't use gamebreaking things. (Nosferatu, Galeforce, etc) (I use the Avatar in moderation however.) FE13 Lunatic+ was just fake difficulty all around, and not that much fun when I played it.

However unless I'm misunderstanding this poll is for Normal mode, so I'd have to say FE5 wins.

Edited by Junpei Iori

I've only played the localized games.

FE10 normal is definitely the hardest normal mode, although It does give you near invincible Laguz royals, and the literally invincible BK...

If you go by any difficulty, FE11 H5 is really hard. I would put it on par with FE13 L+. Even though FE11 has the W!nspear you can exploit to make the game easier; FE13 has stupidly broken Avatar and pair-ups to take alot of the challenge away.