Mercy is underrated. It's majorly useful not just for Pelleas, but for any Dawn Brigade units you feel like using. It can also be used to effectively abuse level ups for Elincia. Even if you want someone else to kill the enemy, you can rest assured she won't kill it, and still gain experience. It's perfect for spreading experience.

I agree with this, but Mercy would have been a lot better if Elincia had gained kill level exp from the hit.

Also, technically the worst skill ever is Corrosion.

Actually, I found corrosion very usefull later on, as a 3rd tier character with the skill can pretty much instantly break an enemy' weapon, which definatly has its uses.

Corrosion in PoR was utter crap, though.

I keep Mercy for the Valtome chapter to level up whoever I need to be levelled up, then I get rid of it for the Izuka chapter. Not that it really matters too much on the Izuka chapter, since there's a ridiculous amount of EXP to be gained on that chapter since reinforcements just keep on coming.

But for the finals I definitely remove it. >_>

I made the mistake of having Elincia be the last of my units to move during the Valtome chapter. I was about to kill a Warrior who had a crossbow, but whaddya know, Mercy. Warrior with crossbow owns Elincia in the counterattack. game over. Pelleas is dead (first playthrough), so I really should remove it...

The Dawn Brigade may not be third Tier yet (except Ilyana who's a lv1 Arch Sage, if you count her as "Dawn Brigade"), but they're well capable of looking after themselves this chapter, without need for Elincia's Mercy. Edward and Laura are lv13 and lv14 Swordmaster and Bishop, respectively, and Nolan's a lv13 Warrior.

Mercy isn't just for Elincia. It can be removed and placed on other units. Edit: I'm wrong, it is "Elincia only".

Edited by Raven