Pokémon X and Y Help Thread

Caster

Yep, tried it. Even now I just tried entering from that side (the Camphrier Town side) and got nothing.

Hm... I wonder. Did you go to the Train Station and ride to Kiloude City? Battle your rival there? Get the Mega Ring upgrade?

Just throwing out a few suggestions.

Edited by Fruity Insanity

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have good tastes. :P

How far in the game are you? If you've beaten the main team Flare plot, you can most likely afford to run three Psychic types because dark types are really really rare after them.

It sounds like you did because you have Aegislash but no shame in asking. :P

I like the male's design too, but I just adore the female. She's just so sassy looking. :D

I'm at Dendemille Town right now, I just took care of the Team Flare chicks at Frost Cavern. Taking a look at how my team is now, I think a Grass type wouldn't be a bad idea. And I still have a Chespin egg that my brother in-law gave me, so I guess I could use a Chesnaught unless there's anything better.

I like the male's design too, but I just adore the female. She's just so sassy looking. :D

I'm at Dendemille Town right now, I just took care of the Team Flare chicks at Frost Cavern. Taking a look at how my team is now, I think a Grass type wouldn't be a bad idea. And I still have a Chespin egg that my brother in-law gave me, so I guess I could use a Chesnaught unless there's anything better.

*shakes first at Kon*

Chesnaught is pretty cool from what I've seen (in-game anyway, don't think it's going to be brilliant competitive)

Hm... I wonder. Did you go to the Train Station and ride to Kiloude City? Battle your rival there? Get the Mega Ring upgrade?

Just throwing out a few suggestions.

That did it. Specifically, I'd been to Kiloude City but hadn't battled Calem or gotten the Mega Ring upgrade.

Building on to that, where do I get Eevee? And how can I tell if a Pokémon has max Pokémon-Amie affection?

Route 10 switch pokemon in Pokemon amie

I'm wanting to beat through the game on a run with the following restrictions:

Team of 5 Pokemon.

- One must be a starter

- One must be an Eeveelution

Play on Set battle style.

I've already decided that three of my slots are Delphox, Sylveon and Vivillion, but I need help deciding the other two slots. I prefer defensive synergy due to the set battle style.

Any ideas for me?

Does the money boosting O-Power stack with the Amulet Coin/Luck Incense?

Yes. Tested this on the Elite Four members. They stack. And I really, really, really, really want level 3 prize money!

I'm wanting to beat through the game on a run with the following restrictions:

Team of 5 Pokemon.

- One must be a starter

- One must be an Eeveelution

Play on Set battle style.

I've already decided that three of my slots are Delphox, Sylveon and Vivillion, but I need help deciding the other two slots. I prefer defensive synergy due to the set battle style.

Any ideas for me?

Avalugg has incredible defense... (but crappy special defense...) Florges is has the defenses, like, switched.

Carbink has good defenses.

Clawitzer doesn't sound too bad either, with Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Aura Sphere...

Well, Fire/Water/Grass is a fairly common core, so it depends on your version, really. Cloyster/Starmie/Clawitzer/Lapras and Gogoat/Vileplume/Gourgeist/Trevenant could be a decent way to fill it out. Venusaur and Blastoise are other, solid choices, but you might only want 1 starter, so.

Yes. Tested this on the Elite Four members. They stack. And I really, really, really, really want level 3 prize money!

Avalugg has incredible defense... (but crappy special defense...) Florges is has the defenses, like, switched.

Carbink has good defenses.

Clawitzer doesn't sound too bad either, with Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Aura Sphere...

Tyrantrum is a good solution too. Good HP, Great atack and Def. I remarked Clawitzer's Special attack is about the same as Tyrantrum's attack.

Clawitzer have Shell Smash, and is moderably bulky.

Malamar isn't particulary bulky,but he have a good type, and access to Contrary/Topsy Turvy. Contrary Superpower is pretty dangerous.

You can take Goomy if you don't care waiting, because Goodra's Special Bulk is amazing.

At the end of the Frost Cave, there's a yellow Pokeball in a special room (B3; after the Fighter Girl). However, I was unable ton reach it.
Does someone knows how to access it ? And what it contains ?

I've been trying to get a Noibat, and from what I can understand I can find one in Terminus Cave and Victory road outside of friend safari... Can't find one though. Is it postgame?

they're in the dust drop that sometimes appears

they're in the dust drop that sometimes appears

are they uncommon? I've ran into a couple of those, but No-ibats.

Sorry

Edit: Found one. They don't have to necessarily be in dust drops, just regular drops are fine. I guess they're pretty rare. Interestingly, it has super fang for a starting move.

Edited by Melonhead

At the end of the Frost Cave, there's a yellow Pokeball in a special room (B3; after the Fighter Girl). However, I was unable ton reach it.

Does someone knows how to access it ? And what it contains ?

Frost Breath.

I don't quite remember how but I do know that it involved sliding diagonally.

For Terminus Cave, do I need Rock Smash (or am I just being stupid and can't find a way..?)?

If so... where do I get it?

Go up above the stairs and use the train tracks to walk in.

Rock Smash is given to you by the first NPC in Amberette Town.

Frost Breath.

I had gotten in, I couldn't figure out where to go >.>

Thanks, I'm assuming I have to use rock smash in there, so ill have to go there

Frost Breath.

Oh.. Never thought of diagonal !

Thank you, I'll try ASAP.