1. 1. Which has the worst balance?

• Seisen no Keifu (FE4)
    • The Binding Blade (FE6)
    • Path of Radiance (FE9)
    • Radiant Dawn (FE10)
    • Shadow Dragon (FE11)
    • New Mystery of the Emblem (FE12)
    • Awakening (FE13)

Which is the most unbalanced FE when it comes to the units?

In my personal opinion, I say FE6 whenever I look at the cast. Weirdly, they chose the best units to give HM bonuses to and didn't give any to scrubs like Wolt Bors etc.

FE4 and FE12 are close contenders for me. FE4 is Mount TM no explanation needed and FE12 because while approximately the first half the cast is usable, it has very bad prepromotes later on like Sheema and Tomas.

Edited by PKL

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stuck between FE4 and FE6 - both of them are the most unbalanced unit wise, by far.

EDIT: Screw it, I'm saying FE4 because it's essentially disproportionately favorable to mounts, and weapon ranks being fixed doesn't help, nor does Holy Blood. FE6 gets (dis)honorable mention.

Edited by Levant Fortner

FE13 - everyone is broken

Oh wait, fuck Gregor

FE12 - lol

FE6 - lol

....I think I pick FE6 because Wendy exist, while AT LEAST I can justify FE11 and FE12 Balancing with the fact that all of the cast is playable in H2(FE11) and H1(FE12)

Edited by JSND

I think i'm going to choose fe4. Other fire emblem had terribly unbalanced characters, but this is the game where the classes themselves are extremely unbalanced.

Fe6 would be a contender too with units like Wendy and Sopia, but on a whole I think its not that bad considering the huge cast.

Fe10 could use some improvements as well. I mean Fiona and Lyre managed to be in the same game as the rest while being on a whole different level of suck from the rest of the bad characters.

Edited by Sasori

Fe6 would be a contender too with units like Wendy and Sopia, but on a whole I think its not that bad considering the huge cast.

I'd say it's not just Wendy and Sophia being at a level of suck that hasn't been seen before or since (even LYRE isn't nearly as bad as either one of those jokers, and I'd argue it's more feasible to get Fiona going too). There's also the part where most of the units that get hard mode bonuses are among the best units in the game anyway.

Edited by Levant Fortner

FE6 because what Klok said. I don't even need to play it to know it has issues. HM to FE13 for everybody having good stats and the only things that really matter are movement and availability.

Is there a reason FE1-3, 5, and 7 aren't on the poll? I really feel like you should just include every FE for the sake of completeness.

I forgot the existence of 2, FE1 and 3 are pretty much 11 and 12 except "more balanced" because they lack higher difficulties, 5 is contender for best balance I've heard and 7/8 are nowhere near the others in terms of balance.

Probably a lot. Wendy Sophia are downright torture to use.

Simple enough with time and such, I mean arenas do exist and setting up kills isn't exactly the hardest thing to do, just time consuming at first

Outside of LTC "balance" means pretty much nothing because its the player that sets the standards for everyone, if they wanna use someone. They will take the time they want to use said people

Edited by Jedi

HM to FE13 for everybody having good stats and the only things that really matter are movement and availability.

I don't even see that as anywhere near FE4 in terms of being unbalanced; it doesn't have ridiculously OP weapons that have ridiculous Mt and are limited to certain characters, nor does it make movement matter nearly as much as in FE4 (see: knights being completely worthless), and in FE4, the weapon types themselves are unbalanced to the point that it's obvious swords and wind magic are completely broken.

Simple enough with time and such, I mean arenas do exist and setting up kills isn't exactly the hardest thing to do, just time consuming at first

Outside of LTC "balance" means pretty much nothing because its the player that sets the standards for everyone, if they wanna use someone. They will take the time they want to use said people

The thing is, Wendy and Sophia suck so bad, even trying to raise them in an arena's torture.

Edited by Levant Fortner

The thing is, Wendy and Sophia suck so bad, even trying to raise them in an arena's torture.

-Shrugs- only for the first few levels if you are playing Normal Mode

It's not like FE1 Staff users torture

I forgot the existence of 2, FE1 and 3 are pretty much 11 and 12 except "more balanced" because they lack higher difficulties, 5 is contender for best balance I've heard and 7/8 are nowhere near the others in terms of balance.

I still think they should be included. The question is "which FE is the worst balanced," but to me it seems like excluding any FE just because defeats the purpose of the question.

Plus, it's not like FE7 or 8 don't have their share of balance problems.

FE10 by far.

In 1-6 the game throws Zihark and Tauroneo. Unless youve been feeding every kill to Eddy, Z will be better. And Tauroneo is a big "Haha fuck you, you idiot. Why did you waste that time trying to do anything with Meg".

Then there is Nailah and the BK.

Tormod, Vika, and Muarim go from being your best unit in part 1 to "oh yeah these guys are in this game"

Or the Crimean royal knights who are all ORKO machines except Astrid. She cant kill shit.

All those normal Laguz you tried training all game? The are made completely useless by the Royals you get at the end.

-Shrugs- only for the first few levels if you are playing Normal Mode

It's not like FE1 Staff users torture

As for Wendy... Knight... arena... what's wrong with this picture? Sophia? Good luck getting her an opponent that she can feasibly win against.

As for Wendy... Knight... arena... what's wrong with this picture? Sophia? Good luck getting her an opponent that she can feasibly win against.

Everyone on this forum save scums anyways lol, and I'd say Sophia is more one to be fed kills if you want to use her [that low Def and High Res can also distract alot of stavers, its quite hilarious]

Everyone on this forum save scums anyways lol, and I'd say Sophia is more one to be fed kills if you want to use her [that low Def and High Res can also distract alot of stavers, its quite hilarious]

Savescumming or no, you gotta admit, there's only one reasonable way to train Wendy, and it involves blowing two more unit slots on the worst class in the game.

Its not like FE6 is harsh with deploy slot and tough units unlike a certain game with shit ton of shitty unit

Straight from Wendy's jointime, the team have the big M, the great Z, and at least 3 Staffbot

FE12's character balance is awful on Lunatic but that's only Lunatic really you can still make do with most on Hard, while the difficulty design of Lunatic itself is pretty A+ so I wouldn't say it's the worst

FE4 on the other hand

Extreme Mount-emblem with broken-ass weapons

If you play FE4 for balance you're doing it wrong