[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we lost because of me. I'm terrible. I need better advice than what I got. Or maybe I should change up one or two of my team members after all...

I really thought I had something there with Sunny Day + Chlorophyll + Solarbeam too. ;_;

Well, usually, starters arent really good, except maybe Greninja or Blaziken. Another thing is you have to have some really strong pokemon on your team, while also having pokemon that you like. Also, make sure you get the right natures/evs for your pokemon. Items are very important as well, as they can go from losing to winning. Decent items include choice scarf, chocie specs, choice band, life orb, leftovers, focus sash, and mega stones.

Edited by AssassinSevera

Well, usually, starters arent really good, except maybe Greninja or Blaziken. Another thing is you have to have some really strong pokemon on your team, while also having pokemon that you like. Also, make sure you get the right natures/evs for your pokemon. Items are very important as well, as they can go from losing to winning. Decent items include choice scarf, chocie specs, choice band, life orb, leftovers, focus sash, and mega stones.

Uh... I do have strong Pokemon. And they do have items. :/ Except for Sylveon, whom I didn't use in this battle. And Delphox is fast and powerful, how is it not good?

Also, this wasn't supposed to be a competitive battle. I'm not a competitive player.

Edited by Anacybele

Why did you save it? It wasn't that great of a battle... You guys hardly broke a sweat beating us. xP

I saved it too. I always save my fights, wins and losses, so that I can review where I went wrong or right later. I don't mind.

I wasn't using EV trained pokemon either, so I was going to go down relatively fast if someone was using any.

Uh... I do have strong Pokemon. And they do have items. :/ Except for Sylveon, whom I didn't use in this battle. And Delphox is fast and powerful, how is it not good?

Also, this wasn't supposed to be a competitive battle. I'm not a competitive player.

Most of my pokemon on my team doesnt even have the right natures and Ivs, I just use them because I like them. Maybe Delphox isnt good because of its types? Idk

Edited by AssassinSevera

Most of my pokemon on my team doesnt even have the right natures and Ivs, I just use them because I like them. Maybe Delphox isnt good because of its types? Idk

If your Pokemon have bad IVs/EVs, how did they OHKO my Pokemon with non-supereffective moves? :/

If your Pokemon have bad IVs/EVs, how did they OHKO my Pokemon with non-supereffective moves? :/

They have good Evs, but they just have bad IVs, and I mean pretty bad IVs. Also, my mawile has super high attack from its ability, Huge Power, which doubles it's attack stat. Also, Jolteon has choice specs, which increases special attack by 1.5 but can only let me use one move

Oh well. And whoever was using Jolteon, did it really not know any electric moves, or were you just pitying my Greninja since it was the last on the field? It survived a few turns longer that it should've and even scored a lucky critical on Mega Gardevoir..... >_>

Oh well. And whoever was using Jolteon, did it really not know any electric moves, or were you just pitying my Greninja since it was the last on the field? It survived a few turns longer that it should've and even scored a lucky critical on Mega Gardevoir..... >_>

dem Choice Specs though

Lol im the one with Jolteon, and it did have thunder moves. Like i said, it was holding Choice Specs, which locks me onto one move only, and that was shadow ball. Wasnt trying to pity your greninja.

Edited by AssassinSevera

Lol im the one with Jolteon, and it did have thunder moves. Like i said, it was holding Choice Specs, which locks me onto one move only, and that was shadow ball. Wasnt trying to pity your greninja.

Oh whoops lol, forgot. XD

Anyways, did you still want a 2 vs 2 Kinumi???

Edited by Silver Lightning

so, I heard another 2v2 was being set up, and I was sorta mid-team or whatever(so I would have like 1 trained thing and 2 untrained things) so if you have room, I might join up?

Also do things need to be in your battle box for this or can they be in your main party?

hmm

what movesets did you use Ana

I hardly got to use any moves at all, but...

Delphox has Psychic, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, and Fire Blast (will replace with Wil-O-Wisp later though). Bellossom has Giga Drain, Solarbeam, Leaf Storm, and Toxic. Aurorus has Flash Cannon, Ancient Power, Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt.

The three Pokemon I didn't use are Sylveon, Pyroar, and Talonflame. Sylveon has Moonblast, Draining Kiss, Shadow Ball, and Calm Mind. Pyroar has Dark Pulse, Hyper Voice, Flamethrower, and Overheat. Talonflame has Flamethrower, Fly, Brave Bird, and Steel Wing.

The advice I got had suggested Sunny Day, Solarbeam (which I kinda feel dumb for not thinking of myself lol), Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and Dark Pulse. I had thought of Flash Cannon for Aurorus myself.

I'd battle some more, but I want to get some of those held items and such first. My team is going to primarily be built around the sun, as you can see.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm definitely up for another 2 vs 2 (I'm in a good mood even after that embarassing loss), so anything casual (non EV trained) would be swell; the only EV trained pokes I have are eeveelutions, which haven't been tested yet and I'm saving them for a battle on Friday.

Ok looks like we have me, Kinumi, and maybe Ether.....any more?

I'm definitely up for another 2 vs 2 (I'm in a good mood even after that embarassing loss), so anything casual (non EV trained) would be swell; the only EV trained pokes I have are eeveelutions, which haven't been tested yet and I'm saving them for a battle on Friday.

But SL, this time you won't have me for a team mate. You deserve someone better as a partner... xP

I could be in, if thats alright with you guys. I'll just use some non Ev trained pokes, maybe

Edited by AssassinSevera

But SL, this time you won't have me for a team mate. You deserve someone better as a partner... xP

No, you were swell. Just gotta practice more and be a little more lucky perhaps. I enjoyed it even though we lost! :)

I could be in, if thats alright with you guys. I'll just use some non Ev trained pokes, maybe

Sure, that was kinda the idea with the first fight; when I say casual battle, I mean non-competitive, preferrably non-EV trained pokemon in a battle. Usually this just translates to most peoples in-game teams. I probably wasn't very clear then... XD

@Ether: It will prompt you if you want to use your party or your battle box before the fight. And I don't believe I got your friend code...?

Edited by Silver Lightning

Sure, that was kinda the idea with the first fight; when I say casual battle, I mean non-competitive, preferrably non-EV trained pokemon in a battle. Usually this just translates to most peoples in-game teams. I probably wasn't very clear then... XD

Oh, sorry, i didnt know. But all of my ingame team pokemon are ev-trained now, so should i just take out random pokemon from my pc that i like?

EDIT: ooo i have an idea

Edited by AssassinSevera