[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It tends to be banned on rulesets like smogon's, but right now the meta isn't really shaped, and even then unless you do smogon things it isn't really enforced elsewhere... but a lot of people will think you're a dick for using evasion moves, and they'd be completely correct in that regard.

while it's not a fun tactic, it seems like it should work just fine in contexts like doubles where you have moves like follow me.

not according to VGC it doesn't

think about it: even if you set up a minimize you still have a 60% chance of getting hit, and there's also moves that 1) disregard accuracy checks (oh hi weather teams) or 2) simply force it out

also Extremespeed can go before Follow Me, what now

Edited by shadykid

What I meant was that there are those who are so elitist that if you show ignorance of what they consider to be "basic knowledge," they'll treat you like dirt.

Like, in some of serenes forums? *rom hacking coff coff*

Fruity, I'm curious to see how well you will do in ranked battles with that team. ;P Please tell us when you've done some matches.

Also... regarding ranked rules, I'm totally disappointed: Sleep Clause isn't even active, meaning that you can just put to sleep the opponent's whole team with Spore or Sleep Powder. (and no, it isn't a "smogon rule" since Sleep Clause was available in Battle Revolution)

Breelom, I'm looking at you.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

because evasion is a bad tactic anyway

evasion is a bad tactic on average, but it increases variance, so it's a good tactic if you're matched against a better player. you could maybe have a 10-20% winrate against a better player but then increase that to 44-52% if you use minimize, for example (using really simple math where one miss = win).

YESYESYESYESYESYES~~~!!!

I'm finally done with my Minimize team.

It's going to be so annoying.

For both participants. Because long battles. >_>

you should just make a sandstorm + sand veil team instead

YESYESYESYESYESYES~~~!!!

Watch out for thunder and hurricane

100% accuracy in rain, I hit a +2 vaporeon on the first try

YESYESYESYESYESYES~~~!!!

you are a terrible person :p

watch out for aegislash with sacred sword.

Edited by Nobody

I've found the ultimate combo.

Beware my Carbink!!

Oh, I can already hear the yells

But, seriously, if what I've in mind can be realized, it will be so funny.

Then Fruity we will have a match... your evasion team vs. my troll team

That match shall be recorded in history books.

evasion is a bad tactic on average, but it increases variance, so it's a good tactic if you're matched against a better player. you could maybe have a 10-20% winrate against a better player but then increase that to 44-52% if you use minimize, for example (using really simple math where one miss = win).

well yes

that's why it's considered a scrub tactic

Yay, it seems like I got my rematch against Spaceman Craig. It was fun like always~ we should battle more, definitely.

Listening to Phoenix Wright 5's Objection Themes while battling against you surely pumped me up

Edit: Yeah, and my team needs a Rapid Spinner. D: With Charizard and Talonflame especially.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Listening to Phoenix Wright 5's Objection Themes while battling against you surely pumped me up

Edit: Yeah, and my team needs a Rapid Spinner. D: With Charizard and Talonflame especially.

That theme makes everything awesome

I've been wondering, how viable is defog as alternative to rapid spin?

Yay, it seems like I got my rematch against Spaceman Craig. It was fun like always~ we should battle more, definitely.

You knew my fire and electric weakness T.T.

Gonna lay low for a while to keep the element of surprise up. k?

You knew my fire and electric weakness T.T.

Gonna lay low for a while to keep the element of surprise up. k?

Yep, that's just fine. :)

I'll be changing some stuff as well.

That theme makes everything awesome

I've been wondering, how viable is defog as alternative to rapid spin?

Themes*

actually there are 3 objections themes in AA5: Phoenix's, Apollo's, and Athena's. The latter being the best imo.

Defog can't be blocked by anything but Taunt, while Rapid Spin is nullified by any ghost-types.

Defog also resets the Screens (read that somewhere but never actually proved it myself yet).

The only problem is, Defog also removes hazards you put.

So it's good if you run a team without hazards, otherwise just use Rapid Spin.

Well, I have six trained Pokémon at last. I don't know how well they'll work together in six vs six, but if someone wants to get in line to hand my arse back to me, then I suppose I'm game.

I actually have seven trained, but I didn't think having Gyarados and Salamence on the same line up would work out well.

Edited by Shuuda

Themes*

actually there are 3 objections themes in AA5: Phoenix's, Apollo's, and Athena's. The latter being the best imo.

Defog can't be blocked by anything but Taunt, while Rapid Spin is nullified by any ghost-types.

Defog also resets the Screens (read that somewhere but never actually proved it myself yet).

The only problem is, Defog also removes hazards you put.

So it's good if you run a team without hazards, otherwise just use Rapid Spin.

Wait, they do? Never noticed... I'm off to youtube, see you

Okay, Rapid Spin seems to be by far the better option.

Especially after checking what pokemon actually get Defog...

Well, I have six trained Pokémon at last. I don't know how well they'll work together in six vs six, but if someone wants to get in line to hand my arse back to me, then I suppose I'm game.

I actually have seven trained, but I didn't think having Gyarados and Salamence on the same line up would work out well.

Give me a minute and I'm online~ Let's have some fun.

Wait, they do? Never noticed... I'm off to youtube, see you

Okay, Rapid Spin seems to be by far the better option.

Especially after checking what pokemon actually get Defog...

Phoenix's, Apollo's, Athena's.

Gotta love Athena. Such a well developed character.

Yeah Defog has horrible accessibility now. But when pokébank opens... it will definitely become more viable than Rapid Spin.