[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

Are you playing the free or the rating battles?

Free battles for now. Firstly, because I haven't signed onto the gobal link thing-a-jig yet. Secondly, because I want to get to grips with my team before going in. Lastly, because I'm a coward.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the Vs. Recorder, you should be asked to save the battle after every match against another player.

Then you just access your Vs. Recorder, upload the video and get the code to share it.

Okay. I already recorded the video on vs recorder and the person I battled is on my buddy list also so I hope the next part should be easier.

where do you go to search for the battle and then share it. I'm not sure where to go. Yesterday I mentioned that I was confused about the global link because I mentioned that I have a Canadian game but the global link assumed (I don't know if it's my fault or the system's) that I was American.

I'm really eager to share and upload a battle that I'm sure you guys would like to watch and my friends as well. I've talked about weather a lot in other threads and after several experiments I think rotation is the best battle system for me since it feels more balanced. When I try to explain this concept to my friends some sort of get it while others don't. I was in this really long battle against a friend on another forum who used a trick room boosting team(which is a trump/trap card) against my rain boosting team. On paper that sounds balanced and on execution it is also balanced. I'm sure you guys reading this will be surprised how long it goes on for and so will my friends.

Once this help is provided I will make sure to bookmark how to share battles in the future. I want to share this one first because I enjoyed it the most.

Okay. I already recorded the video on vs recorder and the person I battled is on my buddy list also so I hope the next part should be easier.

where do you go to search for the battle and then share it. I'm not sure where to go. Yesterday I mentioned that I was confused about the global link because I mentioned that I have a Canadian game but the global link assumed (I don't know if it's my fault or the system's) that I was American.

I'm really eager to share and upload a battle that I'm sure you guys would like to watch and my friends as well. I've talked about weather a lot in other threads and after several experiments I think rotation is the best battle system for me since it feels more balanced. When I try to explain this concept to my friends some sort of get it while others don't. I was in this really long battle against a friend on another forum who used a trick room boosting team(which is a trump/trap card) against my rain boosting team. On paper that sounds balanced and on execution it is also balanced. I'm sure you guys reading this will be surprised how long it goes on for and so will my friends.

Once this help is provided I will make sure to bookmark how to share battles in the future. I want to share this one first because I enjoyed it the most.

If you want us to watch that battle, just tell its code (you can check it from vs.seeker) and we can watch it on our vs.seekers.

Unless by upload you mean uploading the videos to internet? Then I can't help didn't know that was even possible.

Edited by Sylphid

by code do you mean friend codes? Or is it a individual code you see inside the vs recorder?

I'm trying to break down my questions as best as possible. Yesterday was a frustrating day for me. I wanted to upload this specific battle yesterday but I had the global-link issue(Canadian card, American assumption). This was further compound by a couple "friends" on facebook spamming dumb gennwunner comments including,"use blastoise mang," which is so irritating and ironic cause I am using(but I taught mine aqua jet).

Each video has an individual code you can see on the vs. recorder. (I think it was on the top screen, but I might be wrong on that)

To watch others' videos, you need to be online in the PSS, use the vs. recorder, and enter the code of the video you want to watch.

(You can naturally watch your own videos any time you want. You can also replay the battle, but the opponent will be controlled by AI)

is it possible for friends to watch the battle on their home computer if I have the exclusive code? This is the more important question I have. I've already watched it on my vs recorder.

I already remember the battle in vivid detail. My friends who are interested in X/Y, old and new aren't aware of how much hidden potential the combat system has if you can just find the right Pokemon opponent.

Probably should have mentioned this sooner, but I was hoping to mention Fire Emblem in the facebook title to grab people's attention? It is a 20 plus turn battle.

Edited by Gregosa

is it possible for friends to watch the battle on their home computer if I have the exclusive code?

There is no way to do that.

Tell your friends to buy the game if they want to see the battle - that's what Nintendo wants.

Perky jokes aside, record the battle with a camera or something and put it on youtube.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Alright, I have a tolerable full team

Is there some special way to sign up for this

Or is it just;

Friend code: in sig

3ds name: Revs

Pokemon Name: Ryan

Preferred battle type: single

Battle style: casual

Also, is there a nickname clause where you can't nickname your pokemon?

But with 600BP, you could spend that on TMs and other battle items, rather than a consumable item that costs immense amounts of time. That'd be the last item on my "want" list.

I already have most of them =/

If I bred a pokemon with perfect IVs and it had the wrong ability, I would certainly buy one. Otherwise, it would probably end like pokemon black, where I have 2000 BP not used

Edited by Nobody

So I may be missing something, but why would it require an ability capsule? Any ability you would have available through a capsule should be breedable while you're doing IVs and such. If it's a Hidden Ability that isn't currently available normally, a capsule won't give you access to it anyway. If you don't want to reveal your plan thing in public feel free to just shoot me a PM or something but I don't see what you would need a capsule for(unless you've already got it IV bred with whatever egg move you might want and just the wrong standard ability, but you could just breed the near perfect parent and redo the EVs)

I already have most of them =/

If I bred a pokemon with perfect IVs and it had the wrong ability, I would certainly buy one. Otherwise, it would probably end like pokemon black, where I have 2000 BP not used

Gawd, I never played that much...

But yeah, I guess so.

I was never one to play that much at the Battle facilities.

I just had a pretty intense battle and wanted to share it here.

The code is PXTW-WWWW-WWW2-D5C9

EDIT: I just won against a japanese guy with a rating of 1919 :O

And I didn't even need to use rotom-w

Edited by Nobody

Spending a few hours beating ass with my new Mega Aggron > Spending a few hours riding around in circles watching my Pokemon not have sex.

So I may be missing something, but why would it require an ability capsule? Any ability you would have available through a capsule should be breedable while you're doing IVs and such. If it's a Hidden Ability that isn't currently available normally, a capsule won't give you access to it anyway. If you don't want to reveal your plan thing in public feel free to just shoot me a PM or something but I don't see what you would need a capsule for(unless you've already got it IV bred with whatever egg move you might want and just the wrong standard ability, but you could just breed the near perfect parent and redo the EVs)

Breeding Togepi broke me...

Don't worry, I already got the Ability Capsule. The dark deed has been done...

I just had a pretty intense battle and wanted to share it here.

The code is PXTW-WWWW-WWW2-D5C9

EDIT: I just won against a japanese guy with a rating of 1919 :O

And I didn't even need to use rotom-w

Once, I beat a Japanese guy with a rating of 1850 or something like that. I was so happy. And then I started on my losing streak.

Oh, and how do you watch videos again?

Once, I beat a Japanese guy with a rating of 1850 or something like that. I was so happy. And then I started on my losing streak.

My rating now is 1740, my record high. I'm really happy with it. I'm also number one in Brazil :D (single battles)

Oh, and how do you watch videos again?

Select the vs. recorder (on key items) and then click on "search by code". Then you put the code, and you're able to watch the video.

Edited by Nobody

My rating now is 1740, my record high. I'm really happy with it. I'm also number one on Brazil :D (single battles)

Select the vs. recorder (on key items) and then click on "search by code". Then you put the code, and you're able to watch the video.

I want my 14th place in America back. ;~;

I'll check it out.