Why is there so much hate for Awakening?

I miss the old GBA stories Dx

On the subject of the GBA stories, FE8 really coulda done better on that - it never even bothered to go into detail on Fomortiis' backstory, for one, and perspective based plotholes don't help its case.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is fun

FE8 is the Super Mario Sunshine of the series.

i dunno about nowadays but used to be people made this big hooplah about FE4 being the FFVI of the series and FE7 being the FFVII of the series, based on strange notions of FE7 being the game newkids jismed over while true fans knew FE4 was really the best.

of course this is total bullshit because FE4 is trash trash trash

On the subject of the GBA stories, FE8 really coulda done better on that - it never even bothered to go into detail on Fomortiis' backstory, for one, and perspective based plotholes don't help its case.

aw too bad FESS has the best story in the series

There were some elements of FE8's story and character that were executed noticeably well, such as Orson's entire character and dynamic, Lyon's relationship with the twins, and Scorched Sand on both routes, moreso on Eirika's.

I still think FE8 has one of the best stories in the series, and you can't deny the parts I listed were great.

Edited by Z the M

aw too bad FESS has the best story in the series

Says you; I think its story is bottom-of-the-barrel.

^True. OTOH, Chapter 18 on Eirika's route makes me want to facepalm so hard.

Edited by Levant Fortner

It's ok, it has some replayability for a single file, but ultimately it's pretty damn bland and some characters are atrocious since they're defined by their gimmicks only such as Kellam.

Edited by Woodshooter

Says you; I think its story is bottom-of-the-barrel.

^True. OTOH, Chapter 18 on Eirika's route makes me want to facepalm so hard.

That one, in which Erika is giving Lyon his Sotne?

That's one of reasons, why I almost always pick Ephraim Route!

And if only FE8 would be harder and have more balanced class (weak Falco, GK and Generals, with op Paladins and WKs).

And FE8 has best cast!

Edited by Nicolas

Already using insane troll logic, I see

carry on then

oh please as if the nyah nyah wasnt a dead giveaway of sarcasm

And if only FE8 would be harder and have more balanced class (weak Falco, GK and Generals, with op Paladins and WKs).

fun fact, gks used to be considered a better option than paladin in almost every way

Edited by General Banzai

I don't see "people" bashing Awakening at every turn, but I do know of at least one PERSON who seems to be in the habit of bashing it at the drop of a hat.

Debatable, but they're definitely better than a lot of other FE casts, such as FE5's.

Yeah, sadly game with best mechanic has many dull characters. But Leif is my favorite lord.

fun fact, gks used to be considered a better option than paladin in almost every way

Many years ago. However I lkie them so much, so sometimes I have 6-7 GKs on battlefield.

Thracia's cast is great though

Some characters like Amalda, Salem, Misha, and Reinhardt are pretty great, yes, but others aren't really memorable, in my opinion.

And yeah, I agree about your FE5 point, Nicolas. Ephraim's my favorite lord, though.

Edited by Z the M

Some characters like Amalda, Salem, Misha, and Reinhardt are pretty great, yes, but others aren't really memorable, in my opinion.

You forgot Olwen and Carrion. Finn maybe has no personality, but he is faithful knight, so I like him.

And yeah, I agree about your FE5 point, Nicolas. Ephraim's my favorite lord, though.

miranda tho

and rifis

and marty, THE MAN WHOM DAGDA LOVED

and how can we forget kempf, the original narcian

Edited by General Banzai

miranda tho

and rifis

God, no.

Mary is coward and soft man. And if you don't give him elite, odo and sety there is no way to make him usable.

You forgot Olwen and Carrion. Finn maybe has no personality, but he is faithful knight, so I like him.

Not true.

miranda tho

and rifis

Kempf was a fine example of an antagonist you just had to hate that was brilliantly portrayed.

The situation with FE5's characters is similar to that of FE11. Very few characters get development and the majority of them are just faces with names but the few characters that do have personality and development are some of the best the whole damn series has to offer,

The situation with FE5's characters is similar to that of FE11. Very few characters get development and the majority of them are just faces with names but the few characters that do have personality and development are some of the best the whole damn series has to offer,

Amalda's death quote was amazing.

Edited by Z the M

That's something I'd say about most any FE game, tbh.

That's something I'd say about most any FE game, tbh.

I guess it depends on the person.

I can remember memorable quotes from a good number of FE4. FE7, and FE8 characters, but I still forget some of Tellius's cast.