Dat FEP Revival.

Klokinator

Read all about it. http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=52145

So Ledah/Falaflame and Sirocyl are now the new heads of FEP and they're planning to revive the community. What are the thoughts on this? Can FEP bring back its game? Can they be a force in the FE community once more? Or will this prove to be ultimately futile?

Edited by Klokinator

Read all about it. http://forums.feplanet.net/index.php?showtopic=52145

So Ledah/Falaflame and Sirocyl are now the new heads of FEP and they're planning to revive the community. What are the thoughts on this? Can FEP bring back its game? Can they be a force in the FE community once more? Or will this prove to be ultimately futile?

lolno. It's been dead for far too long. Even with Siro and Magus, it's just not going to be enough.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

• 2 weeks later...

I think it could have worked back during the release of FE13, but now a lot of the hype has died down, so it's going to be hard to rekindle a community.

However, if they can stick around with their plans until the next major FE release or even SMT X FE, they could be in with a fighting chance.

Either way, the more FE communities, the merrier I say.

I think it could have worked back during the release of FE13, but now a lot of the hype has died down, so it's going to be hard to rekindle a community.

However, if they can stick around with their plans until the next major FE release or even SMT X FE, they could be in with a fighting chance.

Either way, the more FE communities, the merrier I say.

Haha, I agree with this more or less.

The other alarming part is the way some of their mods are comparing themselves to us (to put it nicely, lol); that is basically a death sentence. You can't make a forum with a staff who promotes that mindset, history has shown that they just end up with outcasts from SF who are all-around a negative contribution. That is not the community you want to build a forum on.

My advice to them would be to avoid trying to compete with SF. They'll have a better chance at being successful if they carve their own niche within the community, and FEP certainly has the resources to do that.

Edited by Tangerine

Haha, I agree with this more or less.

The other alarming part is the way some of their mods are comparing themselves to us (to put it nicely, lol); that is basically a death sentence. You can't make a forum with a staff who promotes that mindset, history has shown that they just end up with outcasts from SF who are all-around a negative contribution. That is not the community you want to build a forum on.

My advice to them would be to avoid trying to compete with SF. They'll have a better chance at being successful if they carve their own niche within the community, and FEP certainly has the resources to do that.

I agree that they should try bringing something different to the table instead of competing with this site. I've been to a lot of communities and whenever there are multiple fansites, more often than not each one of them specializes in a different thing. If they just try to compete with SF it will be pointless because SF already has an established community and newcomers would rather be here where there are more people (and there aren't a lot of people here to begin with).