Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

Ok, I almost did it. There's 2 things that are a nuisance now:

The Swarm Bishop needs to die by Turn 3, since both Arran and Sirius are in range of him and can't heal that turn. Palla will need a Rainbow Potion and a Str shard to ORKO him with Javelin. This also brings up another problem though: I can't feed any of the chest room mages to Marth in this strat now that Palla receives the RP, since she ORKOs them now.

The other thing is that in order for Arran to keep moving forward, Avatar has to ORKO all the throne enemies in time, or at least a lot of them. He can't do it all with a basic hand axe though, since the throne armors have 43 hp and 11 def. This means I have to forge his Hand Axe at least +3 MT so that he can ORKO them at range. But that's not all, since Sirius and Palla need that Taurus and Gemini now, it means that Ryan can't 3HKO a Javelin Armor, which I need to happen in order to keep moving. So, he also needs a Rainbow Potion use, bringing the uses down to 46/77.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen some clever stuff in this runthrough, and it's made me actually wanna give this game another shot, surprising since I usually come around spitting venom at this title. The prologue stuff was especially eye opening, and makes me want to actually give Ryan a shot since A. Luke doesn't need THAT much help to be helpful early on with RP use, and B. I've found that Ogma can easily replace Luke in the absence of a really farmed out Luke.

One thing I wanna say about RP uses since you seem to be wanting to skim uses on them: Don't be shy about it. You'll probably run out before endgame anyways. They don't boost over stat caps, and for the most part you can't really be too durable for endgame enemies. If you think someone needs it, just use it. Don't think too hard over it.

Tried a little testing with Female cav, actually, found your results mostly repeatable. It's a bit more demanding, however, since I need to use all my vulns in pro-1, and i require more stat ups for Luke and Rody (2 Str,on top of the 2 Spd and 1 Def being necessary), but it works. Harder to work with in prologue, but I could imagine something good of a female with awesome stats coming out of prologue with sword rank on top of the Str to put the Lady Sword to best use early on.

Keep it up, man! Doin' good!

Welcome back!

This chapter was actually kinda tricky. I always asked myself if dondon's 6 turn strat is really the lowest turncount possible in Lunatic Chapter 6...after revisiting Lunatic, I always thought it possible, though the details escaped me until I got to the chapter and started experimenting/looking at the map. I had to split the team into groups in order to accomplish a 5 turn.

Marth is the only one in this playthrough able to obtain the barrier staff and the shard (forced to get it or I won't be able to complete the game), but his way is blocked by 2 Bolganone mages. This meant that I had to have someone with high Resistance kill them in order for Marth to pass. I chose Palla for this task because she can get rid of them quickly. Sadly, since Palla needs the Rainbow Pot bonuses for later in the map, I couldn't feed any of the mages to Marth. Keeping Marth well-leveled is a must for any FE12 playthrough, as he's the most reasonable Medeus-slayer.

I chose Catria, Ryan, Linde, Caeda, Ogma and Malicia for the left side. The left side of the map is crawling with armors, so Caeda and her Wing Spear is a must. Ogma with an Armorslayer helps a ton too. Linde is good vs armors thanks to Nosferatu/Aura. Catria is there to help soften the Sniper and to get rid of mages by countering them in the Enemy Phase with a Javelin. Ryan is there because he's good vs Javelin Armors and needs the experience in order to be a good horseman in lategame. Malicia is the last of the group, being there so the five can stay healthy and attack as much as they can instead of having to retreat/use vulneraries. Ryan and Catria received Rainbow Potions because Catria needs to ORKO mages with Javelin and Ryan needed to be able to 3HKO one of the javelin armors or at least not get 2HKO'd by them. The original plan was to recruit Samto for his Killing Edge, since he doesn't give much experience anyway, but...you'll see.

The right side group, the one that will storm the castle and the throne room is composed of Arran the rescuer, Avatar, Sirius and later Palla. Avatar needs to be able to move as much as he can every turn, so Sirius is the one to open the door in turn 2 with a door key. He needed enough Res to withstand a Bolganone and a Swarm, so he got a Rainbow Potion use. This also allows him to OHKO a mage after a single Str boosting Shard. Throne room armors sport 43-44 HP and 10-11 Def, so Avatar needs 33 Atk to be able to ORKO the throne room armors. I quickly noticed his Atk after the Rainbow Potion, Gemini/Taurus and a Hand Axe equipped was 30, which isn't enough so I forged 3 MT into his Hand Axe in order for him to be able to do the required damage to the armors, allowing Arran to move safely later and Rescue Marth into the appropriate spot for him to seize.

Remember when I mentioned Palla needed a Rainbow Pot too? She needs it to be able to ORKO the Swarm Bishop in Turn 3. Since both Sirius and Arran are battered after Turn 2, this has to happen or one of them dies to the Swarm Bishop, ruining the strat. There's actually a Large Bullion in this map, which I would get If I had recruited the thieves...here's to hoping I won't need it :P.

Map Save 1 was used to make sure Palla hit the Bishop and to get her nice level too.

Map Save 2 was used to make sure Catria got Spd so she could double the Sniper in the next turn.

Mistakes in this vid: Caeda didn't need to heal at all. This was a side effect of a previous run where an armor survive and Caeda had to take on him. The armor is gotten rid of here though, so she didn't need to attack and take a counter...

Possible improvements: Sacrifice some hand axe forge uses to get the heal by killing the Bishop in EP? Might be a gain in terms of money overall.

Samto recruited for the KE.

Chapter 6 is completed in 5 turns.

Leave a Like if you enjoyed it!

Seen some clever stuff in this runthrough, and it's made me actually wanna give this game another shot, surprising since I usually come around spitting venom at this title. The prologue stuff was especially eye opening, and makes me want to actually give Ryan a shot since A. Luke doesn't need THAT much help to be helpful early on with RP use, and B. I've found that Ogma can easily replace Luke in the absence of a really farmed out Luke.

One thing I wanna say about RP uses since you seem to be wanting to skim uses on them: Don't be shy about it. You'll probably run out before endgame anyways. They don't boost over stat caps, and for the most part you can't really be too durable for endgame enemies. If you think someone needs it, just use it. Don't think too hard over it.

Tried a little testing with Female cav, actually, found your results mostly repeatable. It's a bit more demanding, however, since I need to use all my vulns in pro-1, and i require more stat ups for Luke and Rody (2 Str,on top of the 2 Spd and 1 Def being necessary), but it works. Harder to work with in prologue, but I could imagine something good of a female with awesome stats coming out of prologue with sword rank on top of the Str to put the Lady Sword to best use early on.

Keep it up, man! Doin' good!

Thanks! Yeah, I probably don't need to be so conservative with the RP. It's just that, from my theorycrafting, I might run out of uses before Chapter 17, which is a very demanding chapter to LTC, stat-wise. And I like to have some uses leftover in endgame, just in case.

I find Luke hard/impossible to deploy in LTC strats, which is why I maximized experience for Caeda/Ryan in the Prologue and didn't give Luke any attention because I knew I was gonna drop him. And yeah, makes sense that Female cav can do it too. The first 2 prologues have to be rigged anyway in order to get the lowest turncount. Though I imagine she has trouble meeting the Steel Lance+Ryan benchmark for KO'ing thieves together in Prologue 8.

Edited by PKL

Eri likes this.

Eri especially likes the Bankrupt.

Best forge name ever :P

Linde's not impressing me at all...

She's been a bit important for some of these strats, but yeah...she's not impressing me either.

5 turns! grats bro

Mu is great as always~

Sirius is good, but nowadays i question it

Thanks bro :D

Yeah, I haven't had many opportunities to feed Sirius in such a strict LTC environment and whenever I can, I've chosen to give it to people that gain more exp from it. He doesn't look like he'll be usable midterm or longterm unless I start working on it. Probably gonna pick up Minerva instead like I told you on Skype.

Speaking of exp distribution: I have no idea how to go about the exp in Chapter 6x. Both Palla and Ryan are close to a levelup. Idk if I want to promote Palla for Chapter yet, If I do promote her next chapter, that means whatever leftover from the bosskill will have been wasted. She also has eh hitrate due to axe+throne even with Iron Lance. Avatar+Ryan is 100% thanks to the supports being in range and he's definetely not promoting, so I guess giving him the kill makes sense. On the other hand, there's Sirius, who I can also feed the bosskill to and try to make longterm. Linde is gonna use the Rescue staff to gain 40ish exp. Help me out here.

Sirius or Ryan gets the Legion kill?

Edited by PKL

Darn, after re-evaluating, I don't think Sirius can actually get the Legion kill. I'll experiment and see what I come up with

EDIT: He can as a sniper, but either one of Palla or Ryan misses a kill. So I guess Ryan misses a kill. Though neglecting Ryan can have consequences: I'm pretty sure I need both Jeorge and B Bows Ryan for Chapter 9.

Edited by PKL

I thought Palla was close to a level up?

Not close enough to just chip and get a level. Apparently, not even close enough to kill a mook and get the level (stays at .99 rage).

That MU is so badass. Kinda surprised that its the only unit that is already promoted

Yeah, Pirate levels tend to do that haha. Note that he was also given a Seraph Robe and 2 Dracoshields.

What surprises me most is that you didn't early promote Paula. Feel that could have made many things much easier for some things (namely, chapter 5 and 6)

She would be KO'd by the first 2 mages in Chapter 6 even with Pure Water. And I'd rather not promote her if unnecesary.

promotion = permanent rainbow potion usage.

Unless you're a flying horse that needs to tank magic and fly.

(magic tanking can be done with Paladins, but alas, they're landlocked)

Unless you're a flying horse that needs to tank magic and fly.

(magic tanking can be done with Paladins, but alas, they're landlocked)

Yeah, and Palla being a Paladin is a no with that spd growth unless it's like Chapter 14 or something. I also wanted her to get more out of the thief kills in Chapter 7, though I might have to promote her If I aim for something ambitious. Probably going to 4 turn with as many items as I can. In H2, I remember I gott all the items in 4 turns, though it needed Navarre critrigging in the first turn and a promoted Palla IIRC. Here, I might do the rigging strat again if i deem it neccesary and I will try to use unpromoted Palla (though she's exactly 4 str short of OHKO'ing thieves with silver lance). If I can't do with unpromoted Palla, I might give her the 30 exp from Drill Ground to top off the level and promote her If i can afford it. If not, then, well, I'll just promote her with .99, heartbreaking to get so close to that level lol.

Paula promoted swaps to Paladin, and you can't survive two mages even with holy water? I find that hard to believe, since that's how I deal with those two all the time. As for Paula's speed, that's not really her problem. She's so close to speed caps it hardly matters, as at worst she might need a single wing. It's Str and HP that's her more notable problem. Well, that's how I find it at least.

As for Navarre's chapter, I find that you can rig two crits with Navarre at the start for the first two thieves. I think if I recall correctly, if he gets speed he can double hunters? If that's the case, it makes the chapter a bit more bearable since you won't need your fliers to totally focus on them necessarily. He can get I think two levels here, which helps him enter the area of usability.

Paula promoted swaps to Paladin, and you can't survive two mages even with holy water? I find that hard to believe, since that's how I deal with those two all the time. As for Paula's speed, that's not really her problem. She's so close to speed caps it hardly matters, as at worst she might need a single wing. It's Str and HP that's her more notable problem. Well, that's how I find it at least.

As for Navarre's chapter, I find that you can rig two crits with Navarre at the start for the first two thieves. I think if I recall correctly, if he gets speed he can double hunters? If that's the case, it makes the chapter a bit more bearable since you won't need your fliers to totally focus on them necessarily. He can get I think two levels here, which helps him enter the area of usability.

I said it was DK Palla that couldn't survive. And Palla's problem is never strength. She's the strongest non-MU female in the game. With 60% str growth and a +4 str promo + silver lances. Her problem is the 30% spd growth. Making that a 15% is just begging to not be able to double Ice Dragons or Fire Dragons later on, which I might need in order to low turn.

As for Chapter 7, I'm going to Drill Ground both Palla and Ryan. Palla to get her final level and Ryan so he can get spd as a pirate so that I have a unit to handle the Dragon. I want to kill that Dragon no matter what because I need his Firestone for money. Seriously, that Dragon has 20 spd and 34 Atk. I have a strat to beat him though. I'm going to have to rig Navarre crits for the Master Seal, sadly. There's just no other way, unless I want to deal with Heroes that even Avatar can't double. Due to my strat, I can feed Marth 3 thief kills too, which is pretty nice. I recorded the Drill Ground levels and Palla's promotion, though I'm in the process of perfecting the chapter and then I'll work on my execution before I record it.

Sold the Secret Book from Chapter 6 and the 2 swords Caesar and Radd brought. Palla gets her last level before promotion and promotes. Promoting gives her just enough Str to OHKO thieves in this chapter. Ryan needs just 1 point of spd in order to be able to take on the Fire Dragon as a Hunter for his Firestone. Pirate gives him the most chance at 4 stats (3.7 total growth) while retaining 50 spd growth. HP Str Skl Spd is the most common Ryan Arena Pirate level.

This chapter was quite challenging to plan for. I wanted all the items that the thieves are carrying, maximize experince for my units and do it reliably, while 4 turning. I managed to find a way to obtain the Master Seal Thief that starts close to Navarre without needing crits (that crit Navarre got was not neccesary as he 2HKOs anyway). To get that Master Seal with this strat, the Avatar has to be able to double the thief after the Rainbow Potion, or OHKO it with a Javelin (forge). My Avatar didn't have any of the requirements, but I noticed the thieves in this map can spawn with 18 AS. Luckily, just 2 resets later and the target thief had 18 AS. If the thieves only spawned with 19 AS, I wouldve needed to use the Drill Grounds/forge a Javelin or buy a Speedwing for the Avatar.

To handle the Dragon, Ryan needed to have 17 AS after Rainbow Potion. That dragon is very formidable, sporting 34 Atk (OHKO'ing Linde and almost OHKO'd Caeda) and 20 AS. I had to drill ground Ryan as a pirate in order to get that one point of Spd that was needed. I also Drill Ground Palla for her last level before promoting her. More stats can't hurt.

Another goal I had was to feed Marth as many kills as I could during the map. I managed 3, but it is evident that a fourth thief could've been fed if Marth had C Swords for Levin. I could've put the Levin Sword from the boss in the convoy so Marth can retrieve for the 4th kill and then get danced by Feena to seize. Sadly, that was not the case, and Marth was actually really far from C Swords. I also could've fed Ryan a Hero in the last map save if I were to rig a Killer Bow crit, as it OHKOs exactly. But I wanted to keep the map as rig-free as possible.

Chapter 7 is completed in 4 turns with all items obtained.