Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of weapons and stuff I should keep from skimming through other playthroughs:

Linde Levin Sword

Dragonpike 15/15

Physic

Fortify

1 Recover use (sell one of them, keep one around for C21 then sell it)

The C11 Dragonpike forge

The C18 Ridersbane forge

Silver Bow, doesnt matter how little amount of uses it seems

Brave Lance forge

Might be wise to keep Wyrmslayers

Going to keep Master Sword just in case

Sell all vulneraries

Keep only 1 pure water just in case

Sell all Killers and other Silvers?

I think Linde won't need to do much combat as a Sage. Maybe keep only Aura and sell everything else. Thoron is particularly profitable.

Keep only the 9 use Physic, sell the rest.

With this I barely have weapons but I can forge it.

That was a great Lifesphere + Starsphere trade chain you had going there in C20. Also had no idea Linde was so OP with a levin sword.

Sounds like you're really tight on funds but with the silver card, the extra energy drop for Marth will only cost 1250g, which is easily affordable by selling iron & steel weapons. Why do you need such an expensive dragonpike forge anyway?

That was a great Lifesphere + Starsphere trade chain you had going there in C20. Also had no idea Linde was so OP with a levin sword.

Sounds like you're really tight on funds but with the silver card, the extra energy drop for Marth will only cost 1250g, which is easily affordable by selling iron & steel weapons. Why do you need such an expensive dragonpike forge anyway?

There's no silver card on Lunatic and due to going faster than usual, I had to give up a lot of money (between not getting C6 bullion L and not recruiting a few free silvers + divinestone). The dragonpike forge, I hear, allows for a 4 turn of C22 by allowing Paladins to OHKO dragons with it. And might come in handy in C23. Speaking of C23, Linde currently has 23 mag and B Tomes. With a Potion, that's 26+17 from Starlight. I think that's 2 points short of a OHKO on Gharnef with a crit. Welp.

And with that, Linde's Levin Sword is gone. Welp, hope I don't miss it. But I have a hunch that I can do the next few chapters without it.

There's not much else to say about this chapter except that Ryan didn't get 30 spd before C21. Not a big deal. I can just give him Rainbow Potion for that chapter if i need him to double berserkers again. After that, I don't think 30 spd doubles anything in particular. I wasn't expecting him to get 30 spd anyway.

I redid the Ch20 Map Save for a better Avatar levelup. This made him able to double Generals as a Paladin without needing the Rainbow Potion.

Linde is currently 2 points of mag away from being able to take on Gharnef. I will put her in bottom tier in my tier list if she kills my run.

Also, this might just be the worst Malicia ever.

Credit to Miikaya for the strat

~Chapter 20x is completed in 4 turns~

Rainbow Potion uses remaining: 8/77

Edited by PKL

Hell yeah, Ymir for Top tier! He brings 1600G with him. With that and enough items sold, I can afford a Spirit Dust, an Energy Drop and the Dragonpike forge! Run is saved, thanks based Ymir!

I've noticed in your past 3 videos that you seem to get an unusually high amount of crits. Any particular reason for that? Supports, +crit forges?

Also, if you were to redo this run, would you be able to work out a funds situation that isn't quite so tight?

I've noticed in your past 3 videos that you seem to get an unusually high amount of crits. Any particular reason for that? Supports, +crit forges?

Also, if you were to redo this run, would you be able to work out a funds situation that isn't quite so tight?

Skl past 20 = 1 crit. So in lategame, crits tend to happen frequently. Supports also play a factor. I'm not relying on crits aside from bosses with map saves though. You can see that enemies would've been ORKO'd anyway.

If I were to redo the run, it would probably be the same on funds If I do a no recruitment again. If I do full recruitment it definetely wouldn't be as tight in funds. Some of the early strats like Chapter 4 took a really big toll on my funds.

Man, imagine If I had forged that Steel Bow that just about everyone forges. I wouldn't have had money for anything o_o. Good thing I found ways to do earlygame and C9 without Steel Bow forge.

Ive researched quite a lot into the next few chapters, and I need a wyrmslayer forge with 2 MT in order for a Horseman to ORKO the ch22 mage dragon in the throne. It costs 2400G. Nothing significant really. And with that I've learned now of the lategame chapters, I'm pretty sure I have more money than I need. I can sell all the physics and it won't matter. With one of the leftover Rescue charges, I can 4 turn C22 by rescuing Feena so she can dance Ryan to kill the C22 mage dragon boss and then Again on Marth. The boss has 26 AS, which is nice because that means Horsemen can double :). The question is, what to do with that other Rescue...hmm. I'll experiment and see what I come up with for C21. Perhaps I can use it to 5 turn.

Edited by PKL

Hmm...it seems that, in order to have a shot at 5 turning with 2 Rescues and 1 Again, I need to actually reach the village by Turn 4. There's one problem: Marth can't take on the Swordmaster and the 2 Berserkers there. He just dies. I'm checking if I can make those enemies target Avatar instead. I guess I could map save and make them try to 4% crit Avatar over Marth. I'll check if that works. If i reach the village in Turn 5 like one normally would, I would need to again him twice in order to seize.

From Skype on Thursday:

what I have in mind now
is rescue feena instead to get her closer to the action
might allow ryan to get to the boss to snipe with silver bow
and might allow me to dance marth after the village
I can visit the village in turn 5 pretty easily
but that means his action is gone
so I have to again twice
in order to reach
‎7‎:‎06‎ ‎PM
but with a feena rescue
I can rescue him, dance move and again him
it seems like the best plan
and I counted the tiles and it should work for sure
So, yeah, I figured out how to 5 turn C21. Cant play today though.

Holy crap! This is the most challenging chapter yet. A 5 turn is turning out to be very ambitious.

I've solved most of it with a variation of my idea above.

Marth_zpsb1060d9e.png

Problem? Ryan is dead from the Meteor on the right and the 2 wyverns. He was just barely in range to Silver Bow ORKO the boss in the next turn.

Another problem you ask? Well, even if I lure those wyverns to attack someone else like Catria, Ryan would still be very battered after the meteor, so he would not be able to take the Glower counter next turn and he can't really 1 range the boss. So I have to heal him.

But yes, there is another problem: Malicia is busy using Again. Linde is busy using Rescue on Marth and Etzel doesn't heal him enough with 1 physic for this to happen.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Honestly If I could get to the second map save somehow (Avatar is busy in the last turn so and he's the only unit in range so...) I would just have Ryan Killer Bow crit the boss.

Edited by PKL

I actually figured it out. Was recording and out of nowhere, my 31 luck Marth recoiled himself with the Devil Sword...what. I'm guessing it's because his original luck is 27?

Skip to 4:14 if you don't want to see the Preparations I make before the chapter.

The hardest chapter in the game? It sure felt like it. Coming up with this strat was anything but easy! A 5 turn is very ambitious. So many variables, so much stuff to take into consideration. Glad the chapter is over...

I visited the prep screen twice because I forgot to send Yumina's physic to the convoy and sell it. Sorry about that. In addition, you can tell I bought Marth an energy drop from the base shop before the chapter but forgot to record it. I preferred buying it from the Base instead of the secret shop as it allowed Marth to KO a Swordmaster with Master Sword instead of Devil Sword. Making it more reliable.

The Rainbow Potion uses in this chapter were for:

Ryan- so he can double Berserkers. This allows him to ORKO Berserkers with the Brave Sword.
Marth- Gives him just enough Str to KO the first Swordmaster after Ryan weakens him.
Linde- allows her to tank wyverns properly by not letting her get doubled.

The final 2 uses of Nosferatu proved to be quite useful. I'm glad I kept it around, as the strategy would be much more difficult to achieve without it, if not impossible. (because Linde wouldnt be able to move that much every turn to be where she needs to be to Rescue).

I managed to buy the Spirit Dust for Linde so that she can beat Gharnef. That's comforting! Now I don't have to pray that she gets any mag levels.

At the end, due to not being able to buy Talismans for Ryan, I had to rig a Killer Bow map save crit at 43% crit (thanks to Marth being in range). With a Talisman or 2 and a Physic user with sufficient mag, the strat can be made even more reliable by using Silver Bow to ORKO normally. Ryan or the Horseman in question needs to have 43 HP before attacking the Glower sorcerer.

~Chapter 21 is completed in 5 turns~

Rainbow Potion uses remaining: 5/77

Edited by PKL

Wait this is still going on

No comment on my Chapter 21 strat? Much disappoint wow.

But yeah, this is still going on. I blame traveling to Smash tournaments like every 2 weeks, college etc. I have more free time now though. Chapter 22 should come like today or tomorrow depending on how quickly I can record it.

I just got back yo

I need to rewatch from like desert or something lol

You should :)

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43978&p=3130020

Just a reminder that Chapter 21 is better than this one and you should watch it even though this one is more recent :V

Quite an easy chapter when compared with Chapter 21. My initial 1 Rescue 1 Again hunch was correct.

Not much to say about this chapter really.

~Chapter 22 is completed in 4 turns~

Also, I've added these to the OP:

Staves

Chapter   Rescue Hammerne   Thief   Again   Rescue    Again  Comments
C1             -        -       -       -        -        -  N/A
C2             -        -       -       -        -        -  N/A
C3             -        -       -       -        -        -  N/A
C3x            -        -       -       -        -        -  N/A
C4           4/5        -       -       -        -        -  Yumina rescued Marth for 5 turn
C5           3/5      3/3       -       -        -        -  Malicia rescued Marth for 9 turn
C6           2/5      3/3       -       -        -        -  Arran rescued Marth for 5 turn
C6x          1/5      2/3       -       -        -        -  Linde rescued Marth for 1 turn. Malicia Hammerne'd Rescue.
C7           4/5      2/3       -       -        -        -  Rescue Marth for a 4 turn.
C8           4/5      2/3       -       -        -        -  N/A
C9           3/5      2/3     3/5       -        -        -  Thief was used on Capricorn and Boots chests. Rescue Marth after he recruited Minerva.
C10          3/5      2/3     2/5       -        -        -  Thief was used on the Bullion so that I could buy the C11 Secret Shop weapons.
C10x         3/5      2/3     2/5       -        -        -  N/A
C11          1/5      2/3     2/5       -        -        -  Rescue was used once on Feena so she could dance Etzel farther and then he rescued Marth for a 5 turn.
C12          4/5      1/3     2/5       -        -        -  Hammerne was used on Rescue and then Rescue was used on Marth to 5 turn.
C13          4/5      1/3     2/5       -        -        -  N/A
C13x         4/5      1/3     2/5       -        -        -  N/A
C14          3/5      1/3     1/5     3/3        -        -  Thief was used on the Again chest. Rescue was used on Marth to 4 turn.
C15          3/5      1/3     1/5     2/3        -        -  Again was used in order to 5 turn.
C16          3/5      1/3     0/5     2/3      5/5        -  The last Thief is used on the Rescue chest.
C16x         3/5      1/3             2/3      5/5        -  N/A
C17          3/5      1/3             1/3      5/5        -  Again was used in order to 4 turn.
C18          3/5      1/3             1/3      4/5        -  Rescue was used in order to 2 turn.
C19          3/5      1/3             0/3      3/5        -  Rescue and Again were used in order to 5 turn.
C20          3/5      1/3                      3/5      3/3  N/A
C20x         3/5      1/3                      3/5      3/3  N/A
C21          2/5      1/3                      2/5      2/3  Rescue was used on Feena. Another Rescue was used on Marth in Turn 5. Again was used on Marth to allow the 5 turn.
C22          1/5      0/3                      2/5      3/3  Rescue was used on Feena. Again was used on Marth to 4 turn.
C23
Final

Forges

Chapter      Name                      MT   Hit  Crit  Comments
2            Iron Axe                 + 3     -     -  Allowed Avatar to ORKO C2 Dracoknights.
4            Steel Sword              + 1     -     -  Allowed Marth/Ogma to ORKO C4 Pirates.
6            Bankrupt(Hand Axe)       + 3     -     -  Allowed Avatar to ORKO C6 Armors.
11           MinervAAAA(Dragonpike)   + 4     -     -  Allowed Palla to OHKO the C11 Boss. Allowed Wyvern OHKOs in C12.
12           Reliable(Hand Axe)         -   +10     -  Made the C12 strategy a lot more reliable.
16           Critavelin(Javelin)        -     -   + 7  Gave Catria enough Crit to where it wasn't unreasonable to rig a crit on the Geosphere Thief.
18           Neighsbane(Ridersbane)   + 5     -     -  Allowed units to OHKO C18 and C19 Paladins.
21           RIPWallet(Dragonpike)    +10     -     -  Allows units to OHKO C21-23 Dragons.
22           I'mTopTier(Wyrmslayer)   + 2   + 5     -  Allows Caeda to ORKO a Fire Dragon and Ryan to ORKO the boss in C22.
Edited by PKL

Credit to commonguard/Knight of Titania for the 2 turn strat.

It's quite a crit-happy strat, but thanks to the map saves, it's a bit more reasonable. Catria needs to land a 21% Gradivus crit on that Fire Dragon because any further up and she'd be destroyed by a Mage Dragon and a Glower sorcerer. Believe me when I say, I tried to look for a way to make it so Catria could 1 range with the Dragonpike forge but it's just not possible.

I sold the Master Sword and some other useless stuff to make another 2500G for a Dracoshield for Catria.

~Chapter 23 is completed in 2 turns~

The end is near now! Sadly, even though I beat the final chapter already, the vid will have to wait til sunday because the upload time is too long due to the end credits and I dont have enough time today. I have tournament on saturday so im gonna be away too. I'm gonna leave a commonguard-esque poll on who killed Medeus.

Edited by PKL

It's here...the end of the playthrough.

It's been a very fun playthrough.

I'm very happy with my final turncount. I feel like I couldn't have gotten a better turncount anywhere except maybe in Prologue 4 or Prologue 5 with misses and crits, but that's lame.

I sold pretty much everything left including Brave Weapons so that I could afford 2 Lunatic statbooster Arms Scrolls for Marth and Ryan.

My Linde is actually kinda spd screwed so I'm glad that I had a leftover Rainbow Potion use.

I'm sure the credit's unit kills will shock a few :P

6:16 2nd Ryan 139 Battles 95 W
6:54 Catria 78 Battles 52 W
7:11 Linde 74 Battles 48 W
7:30 Palla 76 Battles 54 W
8:16 Sirius 43 Battles 26 W
8:33 Caeda 63 Battles 47 W
12:17 Xane 22 Battles 11 W
14:14 1st Badass 206 Battles 118 W
14:27 3rd Marth 76 Battle 55 W

I was expecting Avatar as first and Ryan as second. It's pretty obvious, they are both Prologue units and they did a bunch of things to save turns during the playthrough. What shocks me is the third. Wasn't really expecting Marth to beat Palla in kills.

Hope y'all enjoyed watching the playthrough as much as I enjoyed playing it!

[spoiler=Unit Analysis]

Marth_zps247fdcb6.png

Ah, Marth. A capable but not broken lord. He has to be spoonfed kills in LTC on the way to the throne which can upset newer players though. But I find that as you get better at the game, one starts to notice more and more ways to feed him kills. He was spd blessed for awhile thanks to Growth Drop actually. I used an Energy Drop on him so he could cap str, it makes fighting Medeus much easier and lenient. The early Seraph Robe opened up ways to get him exp. The Arms Scroll at the end increased his damage to Medeus from 23 to 24, which is actually quite significant.

Badass_zps0c544e4c.png

Holy crap. Such an improvement from my other run's female Avatar haha. This guy made a bunch of strats possible thanks to his bulk. Of course, said bulk was mostly the work of Lunatic statboosters. I gave him an early Seraph Robe so that he could tank some dracoknights and well, it was a great investment mid and longterm too, as it greatly enhanced his defensive capabilities. I gave him 2 Dracoshields in C4 for the 5 turn strat and it also came in handy longterm. I gave him an Arms Scroll in Axes because I thought I would need Hauteclere Dracoknight for Hardin. It turned out I didn't but it's not like it was a run ending statbooster placement. It actually came in handy for improving the C21 reliability because Xane could use Hauteclere when copying him. I had to use an Arms Scroll on his Lances so that he could wield Gradivus in C20x and 21, this was crucial for those strats.

Ryan_zpsdf8cc5f8.png

I honestly think he's one of the craziest units in the game. Well worth the speedwings investment. Due to his superior Bow rank and better Prologue, I find he has less issues getting exp than the other Horsemen in the game. Luke Rody Draug etc need Arms Scrolls on their Bow rank while Ryan doesn't, so those Arms Scrolls can instead go to his Sword rank for Wyrmslayer (and later Master Sword) access, which opens up even more opportunities in the dragon chapters to get him exp. I used an early Speedwings so he could get going faster by doubling some enemies. This also made it possible to skip a Bow forge entirely by having a Hunter that could double C3 Dracoknights. The second wing was given in C9 because I knew it was a great longterm investment and it saved a Rainbow Potion use for the chapter. The 2 Arms Scrolls I gave to him were given to him as a Swordmaster, this gives him A Swords as a Swordmaster, which is a lot more than if i gave them to him as a Horseman. This puts him real close to getting Master Sword and Brave Sword access too. Brave Sword as a Horseman being extremely valuable for C21. I gave him the Bond Drop because Avatar honestly doesn't need it, he's already OP. I'd rather give it to a unit that can benefit from it early and it actually improved the reliability of some clears. I honestly think ideal Bond Drop recipients should be Marth or the Horsemen being used. Finally, I gave him an Arms Scroll for Mercurius in endgame as Mercurius is powerful enough to deal the rest of the damage after Marth is done, unlike Parthia.

Malicia_zpsc328152b.png

And the award for most screwed unit in the playthrough goes to....Malicia! Just wow, dat 50 mag growth never quite kicked in, did it? At least she recovered enough most of the time. Extremely disappointed at her in the stats department. But good thing she doesn't need stats to do her most important thing, right? The run would be pretty slow without her Hammerne, Again and Fortify.

Catria_zps38a44891.png

Damn, she's a pretty good unit in midgame to lategame isn't she? Underwhelming C2 to C11 aside, she's pretty good. Most of it has to do with her being ideal as a Falcoknight. Palla vs Catria IS still close, but Palla still has the edge. One has to remember that in runs where the Avatar turns out underwhelming, Palla IS the Avatar in those runs. Being able to pull most of the Dracoknight tanking strats Avatar does with Lunatic statboosters. Catria is a very very good unit too though. Gave her an Energy Drop for obvious reasons. The 2 Goddess Icons I gave her in Chapter 19 made the strat safer as it gave her enough Lck to make using Devil Sword reasonable and also gave her enough Lck to combat Killer Axe Warriors well. The Dracoshield I gave her in Chapter 23 allowed her to withstand a Fire Dragon and a Mage Dragon after a Pure Water or Barrier boost. She was actually quite average or screwed until she promoted. Then she became good.

Linde_zpsd6389040.png

Well, I guess she was worth the Seraph Robe after all. Honestly a pretty good unit with a Levin Sword or a Nosferatu in hand. Her magic IS as worrisome as I feared though. Needing 6 Spirit Dusts to combat Gharnef properly and 5 Spirit Dusts to use a Levin Sword properly in C20 and C20x. She's still worth the investment though, as she's the most reasonable Gharnef killer in LTC (just look at that Malicia will you?). And Nosferatu comes in handy here and there. Was actually above her average mag for the longest time. Though I think she got skl spd screwed later on.

Palla_zps7e65d519.png

The Goddess herself wasn't so godlike this playthrough. A lot of it has to with my Avatar though. Still was a second Avatar for the longest time. Incredibly handy until like Chapter 15. Such a good unit. Her lck is actually a bit troublesome depending on her levels in lategame, but it can be a blessing too, as having low enough lck can make enemies prioritize her, making her serve as a great baiter. And the critrates aren't bad enough to not risk the enemy baits. I gave her only one Speedwing now that I think about it.

Sirius_zps958bf582.png

As overrated as I initially told y'all. Honestly, go a bit faster than usual and he just can't keep up. The experience is better fed elsewhere. He was relegated to miscellaneous, random tasks after Chapter 14. Not having the stats to actually do much of anything. I spent a Seraph Robe, an energy drop and a speedwing thinking I could keep him as a good unit but it just didn't happen. Still, some of those silly lategame tasks proved to be actually important. He was lame enough to get targetted by everything but not bad enough that I wouldn't deploy him I guess.

Feena_zpsbf390620.png

I'm wondering if the ones that voted for Feena in the poll realize it's impossible to kill Medeus with Feena or not...lol. It's still hilarious that she got votes though :P. As for my analysis of Feena...well, she's a dancer and dancers rule.

Caeda_zps295b4656.png

Lol, oops I kept Caeda as a Sage for this pic. She was ridiculous in Prologue, still pretty awesome for the rest of the game. Her midgame was actually nice because effective weapons don't care about your strength and she proved to be quite vital to some clears like C18 and C20 with her Wing Spear. Better than Sirius by a lot imo. I gave her a Seraph Robe for the Chapter 17 strat to work.

Etzel_zpscedd81dd.png

Made a bunch of strats possible. Never quite reached Again because I didn't concentrate on that, but it is actually extremely doable.

Xane_zps08d4cf08.png

Xane is so good it's not even funny. Can copy your best unit in every chapter. I mean, come on. And then there are people that think his position in my tier list is unjustified lol...

~This run has been completed in 150 turns~

Edited by PKL