Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

I need to buy 2 Door Keys I think, in Chapter 15. Let's see if it's true.

Chapter 15 has 2 doors. I have 3 Door Keys in my inventory. I use 2 so I have 1 left. There's a Door Key droppable I can obtain though and with my strat, its likely I will obtain it. That makes 2 Door Keys left.

Chapter 16 has a door that i need to open. No door key droppables. 1 Door Key left.

Chapter 17 has another door that needs opening. But it also has a droppable thats pretty much forced. 1 Door Key still.

Ch20 has 2 Doors, 1 Master Key droppable. I need to use the Master Key on: Brave Lance, Bullion, Again and Brave Sword. So that takes away all my Master Keys and my Door Keys.

Chapter 22 has another door I need to open, though theres a droppable before it. It would probably make for a more relaxing strat If I just buy a Door Key though. Yeah, Ill buy 1 Door Key.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated the OP with fancy pics in the statboosters area, as well as added Current Rainbow Potion status. Hopefully, it doesnt make the first page even slower to load than it already is!

Edited by PKL

Sorry for the delay between vids. Real life stuff getting in the way. Should be able to play and record Chapter 15 tomorrow though. The problem Im seeing with Chapter 15 is how the vid has to be all in one gulp, no map saves. This makes the vid longer, which means longer upload times. Longer upload times means Ill rage If youtube or my internet crap out in the middle of the upload. I have the option of map saving in Turn 4 by having Est or Xane get to the map save. If its Xane its fine but if its est, she dies to the reinforcement that pops out of a nearby fort. Since I dont care about useless character's deaths, I guess it doesnt matter. Ill have to check if all my theory and plans are true though. The strat in my brain should work though.

EDIT: Also, anyone like the new OP?

Edited by PKL

Chapter 22 has another door I need to open, though theres a droppable before it. It would probably make for a more relaxing strat If I just buy a Door Key though. Yeah, Ill buy 1 Door Key.

I am pretty sure a four-turn clear with one Again use and zero Rescue uses requires the Unlock staff, so there's no need for this Door Key. The Unlock staff can also save a Door Key in Chapter 17.

I am pretty sure a four-turn clear with one Again use and zero Rescue uses requires the Unlock staff, so there's no need for this Door Key. The Unlock staff can also save a Door Key in Chapter 17.

Bold: Challenge accepted. I'll make a 4 turn without Unlock in Ch22 a thing. Thing is, I couldnt afford getting the Unlock staff with Thief back in Ch10 instead of the Bullion, so i kinda will have to find a strat for Ch22. I'm confident that I will.

@ Eclipse- ah, Ill see if I can find smaller pics then. And will do!

Bold: Challenge accepted. I'll make a 4 turn without Unlock in Ch22 a thing. Thing is, I couldnt afford getting the Unlock staff with Thief back in Ch10 instead of the Bullion, so i kinda will have to find a strat for Ch22. I'm confident that I will.

The problem with C22 is that your bosskiller (10-Mov unit with the Gradivus) must end turn 3 at the base of the sealed RHS door, preventing the use of a Door Key on turn 4 if you also want to kill the boss that same turn. If you open the door on turn 3 instead, then the RHS will become far too congested if the enemies inside the chamber (particularly the Sorceror who starts two squares left of the boss) move towards the right like I expect.

In my playthrough, I simply took both the Unlock and the Bullion (L) in the two-turn clear of C10. What exactly have you used your Thief staff on?

The problem with C22 is that your bosskiller (10-Mov unit with the Gradivus) must end turn 3 at the base of the sealed RHS door, preventing the use of a Door Key on turn 4 if you also want to kill the boss that same turn. If you open the door on turn 3 instead, then the RHS will become far too congested if the enemies inside the chamber (particularly the Sorceror who starts two squares left of the boss) move towards the right like I expect.

In my playthrough, I simply took both the Unlock and the Bullion (L) in the two-turn clear of C10. What exactly have you used your Thief staff on?

You recruit thieves though. I couldn't. So I had to use the thief staff on the shard and the Boots. Then the bullion for C10 so I could buy Secret shop pikes and the forge and arena. Ch14 I had to use 1 for Again and the other is for the C16 Rescue. (I have to obtain Again from C20 manually with Master Key or Marth). We'll see when I get there, how I handle 4 turning C22 without Unlock. One thing that's for sure is that I'll find a way. I always do.

One thing that's for sure is that I'll find a way. I always do.

if my personal experience means anything, 1% of the time there isn't a way... (stupid FE6 chapter 18I)

the only way i can see this happening is if you unlock the door on turn 3 and line units up so that the sorcerers and fire dragon attack them from across the wall and don't congest everything up. you need to use again on marth in order to reach the throne, so a turn 4 unlock cannot possibly work.

Edited by dondon151

the only way i can see this happening is if you unlock the door on turn 3 and line units up so that the sorcerers and fire dragon attack them from across the wall and don't congest everything up. you need to use again on marth in order to reach the throne, so a turn 4 unlock cannot possibly work.

If this part of the comment is directed to me, Unlocking during turn 4 is totally possible, albeit not relevant to PKL's playthrough; you just need another staff user. commonguard recorded a four-turn clear featuring both an Unlock staff and Again staff during the final turn (6:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKPYbByHe_s#t=408

If it's not directed to me, then oops

Edited by Miikaya

i meant that PKL won't have an unlock staff, so a turn 4 unlock (i.e., opening of the door) is not going to work for him.

Yeah, i know what you mean. I looked at the map and I would have to unlock the door in Turn 3 or use 1 Rescue staff.

A rather difficult map to record. Mostly because there's no easily available map save in the LTC route of the map. Linde's 17 uses of Nosferatu were barely enough to get her to tank the enemies she needed to tank (assuming she didnt crit any, shed have exactly 0 after the enemy phase). I first came up with this boss area strat back in 2012 (though its been modified, for example, I didnt use Berserker Ryan back then and i think I also didnt get the map save by not triggering the reinforcements early).

I had to use 1 Rainbow Potion in this chapter on Linde. This is so he could double and more reliably tank the enemies she needed to tank with Nosferatu. I used a Str Bond on Marth (from Marth and Avatar 3 base conversation) so that he could ORKO that General near Est with an Armorslayer without needing the Rainbow Potion. There were 2 mistakes in this chapter:

The first mistake was Abel getting killed by Xane due to a positioning mistake and not giving Palla some exp. This was a waste of an Abel kill and I shouldve recruited him instead, since Xane doesnt want experience at all.

The second mistake was not mine. It was the Silver Axe Thief AI deciding it was cool to go slightly lower than usual in Turn 3, so he couldnt reach Palla in Turn 4 Enemy Phase. Originally, I was gonna get his Silver Axe drop AND the silver sword. But I only ended up getting the Silver Sword due to that.

Chapter 15 is completed in 5 turns with 1 Again use

Rainbow Potion uses remaining: 21/77

Edited by PKL

This rescue-less strat was first done by commonguard in his playthrough. I forged a Javelin with +7 crit for Catria this chapter so that it is easier to blick the Geosphere thief. I managed to get a map save as close to the catria crit as possible to make it less annoying to get that 20% crit.

At the end, Im aware Ryan didnt need to trade the Starsphere from Palla to kill the boss, but I did it anyway to showcase what I would've done if Sirius didn't have enough Spd to double the Fortify Bishop. That Bishop can spawn with 17 AS, which is why I checked his stats as soon as I opened the door so I know if I needed to change the order of attacks or not. I used the last thief Staff use here so that I could obtain another 5 uses of Rescue.

Chapter 16 is completed in 2 turns

A rather simple chapter to 2 turn. Aside from crits making every run of this chapter not the same, it is still pretty easy to adapt mid-recording and just beat the chapter anyway.

EDIT: Also, the Geosphere trade was to lower Avatar's chances of crit-blicking the Snipers as I'd rather feed em to the others. It happened to one of them anyway.

Chapter 16x is completed in 2 turns

Also...I've reached Chapter 17...the previous run killer. How will I fare against this chapter now, I wonder?

Btw, I've discovered a possible way to 1 turn C16x with no staff uses. Though, obviously, Katarina has to die in order for it to happen, which skips her Nosferatu...which is needed for C18 unless I can get the C17 one, somehow?

EDIT 2: Actually...Nosferatu might not be needed to beat C18...hmm...

Let me know if you all want me to record it though.

Edited by PKL

cool strategiess pkl, keep up the good work

It has been brought to my attention by Miikaya that Nosferatu isn't needed in chapter 18 with a strat he did in his H4 playthrough. This means...RIP Katarina.

After doing this chapter and uploading it, I realized I could save 1 turn. Sadly, 1 turning means RIP Katarina. She would've been really useful as a second Again user and she brings another Nosferatu to the team. Oh well.

Chapter 16x is completed in 1 turn

Note: A 1 turn while recruiting Katarina is possible at the expense of 1 or 2 Agains.

In this strat, I had to buy 1 Spirit Dust for Linde and had to use the Rainbow Potion on Marth (though I guess it wasnt neccesary to do it with the Wo Dao crit in the first attack). Just wanted it to be reliable for him to crit. I also had the option of using Devil Sword with 28 Lck after RP and Starsphere to ORKO.

Edited by PKL

Update on Chapter 17:

Managed to find a strat that works. Wasn't too hard. My problem with my own strat, is that a Dracoknight needs to move south in order to snipe the 2 remaining Dracoknights in Turn 2. I'm trying to see if there's a foolproof way to do this chapter or manipulate that Dracoknight 100% of the time to do the same thing. My OCD aside, the chapter isnt as tough as I remember it!

EDIT: Also, as part of me challenging myself, I'm doing the chapter with only feWOD, no knowledge whatsoever of other strats. I have a grudge with this chapter!

Edited by PKL

I remember when I tried this chapter in the previous playthrough back in 2012. I was quickly demotivated by the very quick enemies in the chapter. I'm much better now though, so I got through the chapter this time. I managed to 4 turn the map. I dont care about recruitment, so I didnt care to recruit Tomas, Samson or Sheema. Not recruiting Tomas saves a Rescue use too. The Rainbow Potion uses this chapter were for Ryan Avatar and Caeda.

Caeda's RP was for blicking that 1 Sniper on the left near the start. With 53% Crit and doubling, thats a very high chance of ORKO'ing the Sniper. It (when combined with the Seraph Robe I bought for her) also lets her survive 1 Dracoknight Silver attack + a spear one. Ryan's RP was to make up for his blessing. Normally he'd need the RP for the strat (and the strat would be less lenient possibly because of Snipers not being able to be doubled.) Avatar's RP lets him reach 25 spd so that he can double Warriors with Starsphere. At this point, Im beginning to regret the boosters I gave Sirius.

The Xane save at the end wasnt something I was expecting to be able to do, but that crit allowed me to. It changes nothing though except allowing me to use a lance on the warrior in the last turn with Catria instead of Lady Sword for more Lance rank. But after that crit, I realized I couldve had Dracoknight Sirius accompany Xane to take down the Sniper and allow the save.

Chapter 17 is completed in 4 turns

Edited by PKL

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Colonel M and Junko Enoshima!

A quick trip to the Drill Grounds for the Avatar. He needed to get Str+Def and not Spd. Probably couldve had better chances at that with a General Drill Ground. But General just wasnt cooperating so I decided to just do Warrior and it worked.

A chapter that I usually just nosferatu-tank. I let my guard down thinking I would just nosferatank this chapter since the beginning of the playthrough. I didnt think a 1 turn of Chapter 16x woud be possible, so I thought I would have a Nosferatu when I got to this chapter all along. As you all know by now, Chapter 16x was possible in 1 turn and I did it, skipping Katarina and her Nosferatu. Since I didn't buy any Hammers in preparation for this chapter, the chapter was much more challenging than it should've been.

What I did was basically:

Drill Ground the Avatar once for a Str proc while avoiding getting Spd. The reason for this is because Avatar needed 1 Str proc to be able to ORKO Generals in this chapter with the Silver Axe. I didnt want spd because it wouldve made recording tougher by a bit and im being serious. The reason is only because Xane wouldve doubled Generals and be able to ORKO them if he got a crit at 15%. Which seems to happen a lot when you double :/. If he got a crit on one of the 2 generals that attacked from 1 range, it was a dead Xane. So I wanted to avoid that.

Having a hand axe and 23 AS is the best way to avoid this problem as it ensures that he doesnt double and cant OHKO them either if he crits. Xane doesnt copy Rainbow Potion boosts, so I used this to my advantage by giving one to Avatar so he can double and ORKO Generals and also have more def than Xane, so that they get distracted with Xane.

Linde also used a Rainbow Potion so that she could double Generals and help open the path to the boss. Sirius Ryan Linde Xane and Avatar make a good job and pretty much guarantee I will be able to make my way through the boss even in the worst case scenarios. If youre wondering why I had Yumina heal someone with Physic at the end: it's just for experience. I want her to promote in case I need another Again user. It's just in case a future strat needs it.

I forged a Ridersbane with +4 MT, that cost me approximately 6000G. I need it for Chapter 19. I figured I can get away with 4 MT instead of paying another 3000G for 5 MT. I have to make sure the Paladins dont get more than 64 combined HP+def in chapter 19 though, as then Palla would miss OHKO'ing them. I gave the C11 Dracoshield I had lying around to the Avatar for this strat. Good thing I saved it instead of giving it to Marth/Catria, huh?

Sirius finally has a use in this playthrough since the dragon chapters. Distracting that Dracoknight was actually quite nice, as it also makes the other 3 Dracoknights follow him. He can also ORKO the weakened Silver Bow general that gets in the way after attacking Xane sometimes. If xane crits that general, both Bishops fortify to heal him but its still not enough to survive Sirius. And if he doesnt crit it and the bishops dont fortify, he can also still ORKO if xane hits. If Xane crit some other General and not that one though, both bishops would heal him to full hp and that's what Ryan is there for, to ORKO with Parthia if need be. I prefer not using Parthia though and the fact that it didnt go that way allowed me to use Armorslayer on a random General instead for B Swords.

Rainbow Potion uses remaining: 15/77 (I actually forgot to update this last chapter)

~Chapter 18 is completed in 2 turns~

Edited by PKL

Capped Str Dracoknight with Starsphere Lightsphere and Hauteclere does 29x2 damage out of 60 hp to the Chapter 19 boss. Fun. I guess I'll have to get very creative, buy a hammer and trade-chain it to the avatar/xane or something. Or just, you know, Killer Axe with a save point.

Chapter 19 will be interesting by the way. I look forward to this.

Also I am going to work into my playthrough.

Yeah, considering its the first time someone doesnt recruit the Wolfguard in LTC, it will also require a lot of planning from my part.

And sure you will