Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

You should re-record Prologue to Chapter 4 since the framerate in those videos are awful. Look forward to watching through your H2 and H3 LTC videos regardless.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should re-record Prologue to Chapter 4 since the framerate in those videos are awful. Look forward to watching through your H2 and H3 LTC videos regardless.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that after im done. It really was awful.

I thought about doing some of the random My Unit runthroughs of Lunatic / Lunatic+ for LTC but I'm still debating on it.

Besides I have a race to win with PKL. After today bub - no real restrictions.

I thought about doing some of the random My Unit runthroughs of Lunatic / Lunatic+ for LTC but I'm still debating on it.

Besides I have a race to win with PKL. After today bub - no real restrictions.

You'd probably win. As I have a ton of stuff to do these coming weeks :P

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, i have free time again, so I went back to this and figured out a 5 turn for Chapter 19. Problem currently is that my Sirius is 1 spd short from doubling Warriors (24 AS) even if given RP and the last wing from Lunatic boosters as a Horseman. And I kinda need him to be able to double them.as a Horseman. The alternatives are:

1. Drill Ground him and hope he wins twice in a row and gets spd. This costs around 3000G and I actually cannot afford this and the wing to be honest. As I need a Brave Lance +3 MT forge that costs around 9000G and I might also want to forge a Dragonpike uber forge for 40000G (to be honest, this one is probably not going to happen)

2. Rig a Master Sword crit on the Warrior. Highest odd with Sirius is 54. I could also make it so Avatar has a Killer Axe in EP for another shot with 53 crit due to Ryan+Geosphere being in range. I'm kinda reluctant on needing a crit, when I also need Devil Sword from Catria and a 38% later on (though that one is after a Map Save at least)

What do y'all think? Also, this strat is going to be crazy. I looked at both commonguard and Redwall's playthrough for reference. Which, reminds me, I have 1 rescue that I have no idea what to do with. I think I might be able to pull off something in C22 with it to make up for not having Unlock. Doubt 20x is doable in 3 turns with a Rescue use.

Edited by PKL

The famous wolfguard chapter. The benchmarks are a bit crazy for this chapter. To double Paladins, Horsemen and Warriors, you need 28 spd. Even Catria needs the Starsphere to double em, geez. Catria was given Chapter 17's Goddess Icon and another one from the Lunatic booster shop so that the probability of getting crit by warriors or hitting herself with Devil Sword was lower. Despite not visiting Roshea's village, I needed to kill the Silver Bow Warrior before Turn 3 so Ryan wouldn't die when luring Sedgar's group.

Marth's str is now definetely not gonna cap on it's own I think. Only 5 levels left and 4 str away from the cap...unless I get really luck or rig str. The Rainbow Potion uses this chapter were on Catria, Etzel and Avatar. Catria wanted one so she could have more Lck for Devil Sword. Avatar wanted one for the durability vs the initial Paladins. Etzel needed one because my strat was dependent on a Rescuer with 41 HP Def combination and my Etzel was 1 point off of that durability threshold.

I managed to get most of the wolfguard's loot, only missing out on Wolf's Silver Bow and Roshea's Silver Lance. Couldn't recruit them for this strat though. Note: the boss kill would've been easier and wouldn't need the map save if I had a hammer. 38% crit while doubling is a pretty good chance of at least one crit and Avatar only needed 1 though.

Credit to commonguard's Chapter 19 vid for the opening strat and the Devil Sword Catria idea.

Credit to Miikaya because his playthrough gave me an idea.

~Chapter 19 is completed in 5 turns~

Rainbow Potion uses remaining: 12/77

28 AS is crazy man...

Very nice strategy.

How much Str needs Marth to make Medeus cry?

Yeah, it's crazy. It gets tougher to double from here too :o.

Thing is, in Lunatic, Medeus can never be 2RKO'd even with a Marth crit and hit because Marth's max Atk is 66 and Medeus has 42 Def and 99 HP. Max damage is 96 with a crit and hit.

I wanted him to cap his str though, because 25 str+2 from B Swords = 27+12x3(36) = 63 +2 from Bindingshield = 65-42 = 23

So, with 1 crit rig and a normal hit its already 92 out of 99 HP. Making him much easier to take him down. I can manage with less str, but I'd rather he just capped str, you know?

Edited by PKL

If I did my math right, you had a 62% chance of getting at least one crit. I won't object if you rig Marth's Strength, if only to get past Medeus.

What about buying the stat boosters in the secret shop of C21? You can buy 3 energy drops, just devote one to Marth. Not sure if you can reach that secret shop in LTC settings though.

What about buying the stat boosters in the secret shop of C21? You can buy 3 energy drops, just devote one to Marth. Not sure if you can reach that secret shop in LTC settings though.

I can reach it, but I need to be able to afford a 40000G Dragonpike forge for C22 and C23 strats. If I sell literally everything, I get 66000G atm but I cant sell everything and I also need a Brave Lance forge that costs around 10000G that takes up all the money the C20 bullion gives me. Currently I have 3500G due to buying 2 spirit dusts for linde and drill grounding the avatar once for spd so that my ch20 strat works. Speaking of, this chapter was a bit of a nightmare to plan for. The Again chest being right next to the Hardin door complicated matters severely, but I finally figured out a way to do this. Btw, I found a way to get a Berseker Avatar to Hardin in 5 turns. With one hauteclere crit with starsphere that's already 66 HP out of 80 done lol. So even a normal Parthia attack will do. Making it more reliable than double Horseman or whatever clears. Expect vid tomorrow or Monday though.

So, in the recording...I forgot to trade the Geosphere at the end, so Ryan and Avatar had 30 and 41% respectively, instead of the 40% and 51% planned. I didn't want to redo all that and there's a map save anyway. Kinda embarassing that I would forget (though there IS a lot of stuff to trade around and one can easily forget the order in which it had to be done I guess...still) this important detail lol. Oh well. Video will be up soon-ish.

EDIT: It's still 25% more reliable than double Horseman crits without the Geosphere. And it's 35% more reliable with it. Horseman double crit that don't support each other, like Luke and Sirius, only have a 16% chance of happening.

Edited by PKL

This chapter was very difficult to both plan for and execute. I had to find a way to get the Again chest manually because of the lack of Thief staff uses while still being able to get the door open in the following turn. This was easier said than done as most units can't really take a Thoron to the face and a Longbow. Luckily, Catria had just enough HP Def and Res after Starsphere, Pure Water and Rainbow potion.

I found a way to get the door open in Turn 3, get all the chests and still get the Avatar to Hardin in 5 turns. I skipped the north Fortify staff because I needed a crit to happen in order to get it. It can be obtained by luring the Spear General in Turn 5 and then using a Javelin on the Bishop with a Paladin.

The Rainbow Potion uses this chapter were:

Avatar- so he can double and ORKO Heroes after Starsphere.
Ryan- so he can double Heroes.
Linde- so she could ORKO Snipers and Heroes with Levin Sword.
Catria- so she could tank the Longbow and Thoron in Turn 4.

I noticed I didn't trade the Geosphere really late, sorry about that. With the Geosphere in Linde's hands, Avatar would've had 51% chance to crit Hardin and as you can see, only a Hauteclere crit+a Parthia normal hit is needed to take him down.

I had a lot of backup plans in case some things happened:

If the hero linde needs to attack in Turn 2 can survive her because he gets enough HP Res, Marth could finish him off. If Marth didn't crit the Hero in EP 2 with the Master Sword, Ryan!Xane could finish him off. If Linde couldn't ORKO the Sniper in the chest room, Caeda could finish him off.

Anyway, enjoy.

~Chapter 20 is completed in 5 turns~

Rainbow Potion uses remaining: 8/77 <- Dangerously low

Dammit PKL, seeing your amazing Chapter 19 performance makes me want to play FE12 again. ;n;

Now gonna watch Chapter 20!

Edited by UFO

Dammit PKL, seeing your amazing Chapter 19 performance makes me want to play FE12 again. ;n;

Now gonna watch Chapter 20!

Thanks! Go ahead and replay it. It's a great game :)

So, I was curious about what my final TC will probably look like and it seems that if i get the known lowest TCs in the next chapters:

20x 4 turns

21 6 turns

22 4 turns

23 2 turns

Final 2 turns

Then I would get 151 turns total. Maybe I can find a 5 turn C21 to make that 150, who knows? ;) It seems even with the hit Linde gave my wallet I can still afford the Dragonpike If I sell the right stuff. So it's all looking set.

Speaking of selling stuff, should i include the prep screen when I sell all that stuff ala dondon?

Edited by PKL

Thanks! Go ahead and replay it. It's a great game :)

I hope you recognize who I am. :<

And I have been replaying it. Rody's such a boss. As is pirate!Draug.

Well, whoever gave me the Hauteclere Dracoknight Avatar idea just made it less likely to get enough money for the OP dragonpike :(. I ended up not needing A Axes on avatar as a Dracoknight and the Arms scroll was used way back then. I also can't go back and give it to his Lances for Gradivus now so I'm gonna have to buy an Arms Scroll from the Prep shop. Sigh.

Actually, I do have a backup in my other flash drive in Chapter 19 before prep screen. Good news! Bad news is, of course, that I need to redo all that.