This is nothing

Since this isn't a public poll, I shall take the time to share my answers.

Do you approve this union?

[You] should die a terrible and painful death for making this thread

How should the marriage be?

Where should it be held?

Who is the bride?

Rey

Should this poll be public?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the thread has been entertaining, I'll just say this in the most non-rule breaking way possible.

Ana, you need to really learn how to get context.

Yeah, that's kinda true, actually. I'm pretty prone to misinterpreting things... And being a bit slow in picking up people's meanings at times. >_<

Okay. I guess I'll just go ahead and clear this all up.

While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and clear my conscience already.

Please do note, Ana, that this is the most calm I have ever been in a long time responding to you in particular.

So, please understand... I am not trying to elevate myself above you. I am not trying to insult you. I really urge you to read the entire thing before responding.

In fact, I think I've lost touch of this part of myself for a long time.

This thread is obviously a joke thread. And while I'm not sure if you were taking it seriously, I apologize for saying this... but I was insulted that you thought it was "cute" and that I had a crush on you. As you are now, you embody everything I hate about FE fans. I feel like you were flattering yourself a little bit and didn't see that it was the opposite of what I find attractive in women.

And since this is a touchy subject, especially considering it is presuming things about you that which I, a simple other member of this forum, cannot rightfully do, I'll be fair and put myself out here as well.

I remember you PM'ing me about me picking on you, and well putting it simply, I gave you second chances. I honestly tried to be nicer to you. But your personality was just... irking me.

I apologize bringing this up, but certain things you do... your flaws you refuse to see when you get passionate about something... On the General Fanart thread when the Lissa x Lon'qu comic was posted and how it was an emotional piece of art... and how you just said "Should have been Lissa x Donnel :/" You came off as insensitive and as only caring for your pairings. And sometimes you contradict yourself. Such as your dislike of Frederick x Lissa, when arguably, the reason some people justify it, you use to justify Lucia x Renning.

Not so nice things have been said in private chats. And I'll be first to admit... I was one of them. Passing you off as a "rabid fangirl". And while I keep telling myself that I just want to pass you off as that too... in truth, I guess I don't want to. Because, you remind me of myself. What I used to be. That's why my fuse is so short with you.

I remember a quote or something... "When I hate my enemy so much... so much that I want to learn all about them so I can utterly destroy them... in that moment when I do... I also love them." So while the whole "people who bicker at you all the time must really care" might not be in the context of a crush... I guess I might actually care. Think of it in the context of a sibling.

Okay, since I went off and said bad things about you (which, I again, state that I'm not trying to insult you, just trying to show you why I've been so "mean"), it's my turn. I'm a "rabid fanboy" in some definitions. I'm a weeaboo. For stupid, unexplainable reasons I dislike English voices of certain things with a passion. I love starting fights with pairings. And when I can't win, I want to make sure everyone loses.

I hate the abbreviation OTP. It always makes me think about how people just always focus on their pairings. My experiences with "fangirls" have that enthusiasm that just makes me want to go "Won't you just shut up already?" Your enthusiasm with Frederick also reminded me of that.

Its a fact that people want their liked pairings to be "official". This is why people look for justifications for it in whatever media it's from, even if they don't realize it. Which is why "canon" is such a "hot word" in this forum. When you said you hadn't finished the game, and started talking about gameplay... and alternate pairings. I started... *ahem* hating you.

My dark side... the part of myself that wants to crush people's hopes and dreams. To make them suffer. To make them feel insignificant... nothing... You just had a tendency of awakening it. Not particularly aiming at you, but how I sometimes feel like I want to say "How dare you peasants like the same thing I do!? How dare you talk about it like you know anything!?"

That's another one of my flaws. I'm an elitist to a certain point. And when all I heard you talking about was "pairings pairings pairings pairings" when in my mind you didn't even properly finish the game... that you don't even care about finishing the game... you were essentially walking all over something I loved. That you were tainting my purist view of the game.

I'll take another step and talk more about how I'm horrible. "Headcanon". MU x Olivia. You would think I want people to worship it... but no. I want people to hate it. I want to be special. I go to sleep every night living a different life. Something only I will ever experience and understand. Something that sometimes seeps into my comments in real life because of how much I treasure it. The fake memories... memories that have made me experience bliss. And grief. Memories that have made me taste a little happiness. Memories that have made me fall to my knees and cry in self pity.

So believe me, even though it kills me every time that I have to be "silent"... since no one will understand... no one will accept it... I die a little inside. I can't share it to the world. Because if I do... all I will ever do is show very subjective things.

I guess my hate for "pairings" just somehow got associated with you, and I apologize for that.

The point is, I urge you to... not as an insult, but as a request... to be less "sheltered". You are passionate about what you love... and sometimes that leads you to speaking for other people... for more than just yourself when you are at the time seeming like the only one that is opinionated.

...so maybe I do care. Or as some of my friends have said when I nitpick at you for the littlest things... "I care too much". And which is why this entire joke thread even happened. My "hate" for you just manifested so much that people took it as an "it would be hilarious" scenario.

I did lose respect for you, because I just ran out of patience. Whenever other people would help you realize your mistakes, you'd just forget all about them. Especially if they talked to you via PM. All I had left for you was pity. But at the same time now, I guess you have my... empathy... and hope. I hope for you to become a better person than you are.

I again say that I'm not trying to elevate myself above you, or just outright insult you like I had the urges to do in the past. But I hope that you try to look at it from my perspective.

And with that I take my leave.

If a mod feels that I had stepped out of line posting this... feel free to delete it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

10,000 years from now, i want this thread to be the sole surviving relic of our current civilisation

i will personally print the entire thing on stone sheets if that's what it takes to ensure the utter befuddlement of future archaeologists

Does it really matter? I built my own world from it.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

It's a great game, d00d. Just keep doing your thing...

But is Olivia really most of the reason why you love this game so much?

It's a great game, d00d. Just keep doing your thing...

But is Olivia really most of the reason why you love this game so much?

No.

It's the only reason.

This topic turned out amazing. Just great hahaha. If we ever vote for the best post in serenes forest, that one (you know which one) will probably be in the top 5 hahaha

Edited by Nobody

Okay. I guess I'll just go ahead and clear this all up.

While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and clear my conscience already.

Please do note, Ana, that this is the most calm I have ever been in a long time responding to you in particular.

So, please understand... I am not trying to elevate myself above you. I am not trying to insult you. I really urge you to read the entire thing before responding.

In fact, I think I've lost touch of this part of myself for a long time.

This thread is obviously a joke thread. And while I'm not sure if you were taking it seriously, I apologize for saying this... but I was insulted that you thought it was "cute" and that I had a crush on you. As you are now, you embody everything I hate about FE fans. I feel like you were flattering yourself a little bit and didn't see that it was the opposite of what I find attractive in women.

And since this is a touchy subject, especially considering it is presuming things about you that which I, a simple other member of this forum, cannot rightfully do, I'll be fair and put myself out here as well.

I remember you PM'ing me about me picking on you, and well putting it simply, I gave you second chances. I honestly tried to be nicer to you. But your personality was just... irking me.

I apologize bringing this up, but certain things you do... your flaws you refuse to see when you get passionate about something... On the General Fanart thread when the Lissa x Lon'qu comic was posted and how it was an emotional piece of art... and how you just said "Should have been Lissa x Donnel :/" You came off as insensitive and as only caring for your pairings. And sometimes you contradict yourself. Such as your dislike of Frederick x Lissa, when arguably, the reason some people justify it, you use to justify Lucia x Renning.

Not so nice things have been said in private chats. And I'll be first to admit... I was one of them. Passing you off as a "rabid fangirl". And while I keep telling myself that I just want to pass you off as that too... in truth, I guess I don't want to. Because, you remind me of myself. What I used to be. That's why my fuse is so short with you.

I remember a quote or something... "When I hate my enemy so much... so much that I want to learn all about them so I can utterly destroy them... in that moment when I do... I also love them." So while the whole "people who bicker at you all the time must really care" might not be in the context of a crush... I guess I might actually care. Think of it in the context of a sibling.

Okay, since I went off and said bad things about you (which, I again, state that I'm not trying to insult you, just trying to show you why I've been so "mean"), it's my turn. I'm a "rabid fanboy" in some definitions. I'm a weeaboo. For stupid, unexplainable reasons I dislike English voices of certain things with a passion. I love starting fights with pairings. And when I can't win, I want to make sure everyone loses.

I hate the abbreviation OTP. It always makes me think about how people just always focus on their pairings. My experiences with "fangirls" have that enthusiasm that just makes me want to go "Won't you just shut up already?" Your enthusiasm with Frederick also reminded me of that.

Its a fact that people want their liked pairings to be "official". This is why people look for justifications for it in whatever media it's from, even if they don't realize it. Which is why "canon" is such a "hot word" in this forum. When you said you hadn't finished the game, and started talking about gameplay... and alternate pairings. I started... *ahem* hating you.

My dark side... the part of myself that wants to crush people's hopes and dreams. To make them suffer. To make them feel insignificant... nothing... You just had a tendency of awakening it. Not particularly aiming at you, but how I sometimes feel like I want to say "How dare you peasants like the same thing I do!? How dare you talk about it like you know anything!?"

That's another one of my flaws. I'm an elitist to a certain point. And when all I heard you talking about was "pairings pairings pairings pairings" when in my mind you didn't even properly finish the game... that you don't even care about finishing the game... you were essentially walking all over something I loved. That you were tainting my purist view of the game.

I'll take another step and talk more about how I'm horrible. "Headcanon". MU x Olivia. You would think I want people to worship it... but no. I want people to hate it. I want to be special. I go to sleep every night living a different life. Something only I will ever experience and understand. Something that sometimes seeps into my comments in real life because of how much I treasure it. The fake memories... memories that have made me experience bliss. And grief. Memories that have made me taste a little happiness. Memories that have made me fall to my knees and cry in self pity.

So believe me, even though it kills me every time that I have to be "silent"... since no one will understand... no one will accept it... I die a little inside. I can't share it to the world. Because if I do... all I will ever do is show very subjective things.

I guess my hate for "pairings" just somehow got associated with you, and I apologize for that.

The point is, I urge you to... not as an insult, but as a request... to be less "sheltered". You are passionate about what you love... and sometimes that leads you to speaking for other people... for more than just yourself when you are at the time seeming like the only one that is opinionated.

...so maybe I do care. Or as some of my friends have said when I nitpick at you for the littlest things... "I care too much". And which is why this entire joke thread even happened. My "hate" for you just manifested so much that people took it as an "it would be hilarious" scenario.

I did lose respect for you, because I just ran out of patience. Whenever other people would help you realize your mistakes, you'd just forget all about them. Especially if they talked to you via PM. All I had left for you was pity. But at the same time now, I guess you have my... empathy... and hope. I hope for you to become a better person than you are.

I again say that I'm not trying to elevate myself above you, or just outright insult you like I had the urges to do in the past. But I hope that you try to look at it from my perspective.

And with that I take my leave.

If a mod feels that I had stepped out of line posting this... feel free to delete it.

And I'd like to clear some things up too. I was fully aware that this thread was a joke. That was plainly obvious. In fact, that's why I added to it by bringing up that cosplaying idea and stuff. To make the joke funnier. I'm not that bad at figuring out what's a joke and what isn't, you know. xP

The only thing I was serious about was you possibly having a crush on me and me thinking you're a cool guy despite how you've treated me. And the guy on SF I like a lot being Malebolganone. That's all. I still found you cool because you made me laugh sometimes and you seem very smart.

I know you're not trying to insult me this time, as you're sounding a lot nicer than you normally do. See, it's not that hard to criticize someone without sounding like an ass, but not sugarcoating the truth either, now is it? :)

I realize I unintentionally say inappropriate things on occasion. I've never been very good at figuring out what's appropriate to say and what isn't, even when I actually think before saying it. It's a problem I've had for awhile and have been trying to fix for a long time. It has gotten better, but not enough, it seems. Believe me, I realize my issues, you don't have to point them out to me. I just have difficulty solving them.

But by "better person" do you mean that you think I'm a bad person? Because if so, I do find that to be a hurtful thing to say.