Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the top tier, I don't think that any real issues would arise from giving mounts 25 CP.

I can see a lot of Eirikas tossing Miracle in as a filler skill if this happens since she has a high luck stat relative to the cast, so there's a decent chance that it can proc and save her from a Swordslayer.

With breaker skills, Eirika's value could go down a bit considering she can't use any other weapon type. She could take Nihil though, or Parity to cancel it.

Swordslayer doesn't triple might against Eirika though, does it? I forget if it does that to Assassins and Rogues too (though didn't I mention it in the common weapons spoiler? better check).

So, my proposed outside skills meta skill-list (in addition to PoR stuff) would be:

5 - Aegis / Pavise

10 - Demoiselle

10 - Vengeance

10 - Swordfaire, Axefaire, Bowfaire, Lancefaire, Tomefaire

20 - Swordbreaker, Axebreaker, Bowbreaker, Lancebreaker, Tomebreaker

20 - Lifetaker

All but Demoiselle are nullified by Nihil/Parity.

Ah, cool. Wouldn't hurt to a spoiler code with relevant info...

- Swordslayer effective against Heroes and Swordmasters only

- Runesword functioning as a dark tome in WT and dmg calculations

- what else?

I forget, what was the relation between the skills? Like Great Shield and Sure Strike proccing at the same time, or Great Shield and Pierce (seems like GS would take priority?).

A ruleset about a feasible GBA w/skills meta would probably be necessary, to standardise all the seemingly arbitrary stuff. I think we'll need to play to find out more!

I'm still up for trying an FE8 game with skills if anyone's interested.

*raises hand if it's still open*

Aside from the top tier, I don't think that any real issues would arise from giving mounts 25 CP.

I can see a lot of Eirikas tossing Miracle in as a filler skill if this happens since she has a high luck stat relative to the cast, so there's a decent chance that it can proc and save her from a Swordslayer.

IMPOSTER!

swordslayers are't effective against eirika/assassins/rouges, just tested it

Most strange, no?

Yeah, sure strike just makes the attack hit, doesn't guarentee damage.

Silencer though, I think that pierces great shield. Great shield blocks Pierce though.

and sure anon, i'll do it if we can find a host for an fe8 skills game.

Edited by General Horace

I can host.

Also, if Psych is okay with his supportless FE4 team facing off against Horace, we could start anytime, but uh... shouldn't we try to have a more representative match in terms of using the options that exist and whatnot? +10 hit/avo from supports and Charisma stacking makes an enormous difference.

Ok, sounds good. Are we doing 25 skill points on everybody? I'd rather not try awakening skills yet, this meta is still pretty new and i've never played it.

Edited by General Horace

I can host.

Also, if Psych is okay with his supportless FE4 team facing off against Horace, we could start anytime, but uh... shouldn't we try to have a more representative match in terms of using the options that exist and whatnot? +10 hit/avo from supports and Charisma stacking makes an enormous difference.

Yeah I'm fine even if I'm probably underestimating supports. I could probably have Leaf fall for someone but even that I'm kind of just ehhh

I'd rather just try a normal FE4 game since I don't think we've had one/many yet before we start min-maxing and finding things that are broken

Query, for GBA resolve, do mages get a magic boost since they don't have a strength stat? Or is it still only skill/speed for them.

I'm guessing skill/speed only.

Also, are we doing averages for out match? And what about skill capacity, will it be FE9 style?

I'd like to do averages + boosters, with 25 SP for all units as suggested on a previous page if that's OK? FE9 skills only though, no awakening skills yet.

Got it. Hey, what do you think of boosting all con to 20? No?

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

Espi, for our match, want to test out Bands? KW banned of course

B-bands? No way in hell do I wanna indulge in that. :Sophia: Also WRT Top Tier being banned; Brom and Calill are out, while Ena is fair game - is this fine with you? Also, I'd prefer that Rexflame is out.

Query, for GBA resolve, do mages get a magic boost since they don't have a strength stat? Or is it still only skill/speed for them.

If we extrapolate from FE9 to GBA, I think it shouldn't impact magic, but it's certainly up for debate.

Yeah I'm fine even if I'm probably underestimating supports. I could probably have Leaf fall for someone but even that I'm kind of just ehhh

I'd rather just try a normal FE4 game since I don't think we've had one/many yet before we start min-maxing and finding things that are broken

Well, my impression is that you might get destroyed p badly and we won't learn much from this besides the fact that supports are good to have, and Charisma and Awareness are very important skills. idk though; I don't know FE4 very well to take responsibility for my expectations holding water here. Still, I'd really like you to re-model your team with the supports' existence taken into account.

Idk, Ena seems broken in theory like her grandpa, except with no Nihil. She's just too bulky and gives u 2 renewals for more annoyance. much lame.

I think resolve functions as AS LOSS removal for fe9, as everybody but Soren gains complete AS freedom with resolve, so IMO, there should be a CON boost of like, 5-10 to apply a similar bonus.