Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a team in mind, I'm not putting much thought on it because let's see how it goes.

I have several questions:

1) who's the host? I'm lost

2) weapon and skill limits?

3) how are you guys treating Nohrian Trust? I have a suggestion about support priority options.

Edited by Quintessence

Nohrian trust does nothing since there are no supports (yet, I think they should be implemented later, the bonuses anyway, not dual strikes)

i am host

Edited by General Horace

I was thinking about the player specifying support levels and add unit placement on team planning. But regarding Nohrian trust, let's say my CORN has Dragon Fang and Nohrian Trust, then if I specify S rank with Effie, then CORN will have access to Luna/Pavise whatever skill combo the support unit has. Those would be his 'secondary list' of skills. Then, if S rank unit dies, then one would go with the A+ ranked units and then A ranked units, only by specifying support priority.

Like this:

CORN

S rank Effie

A+ Odin

A+ Leo

A Xander

:< ok ok

What about adjacent auras? Camilla? Elise? Jakob? Gunter? Corrin? Felicia?

What is its treatment? Will they affect only the portraits adjacent to the aura unit? Or does it affect everybody in the team?

espinosa wants it to affect the whole team (which I don't agree with) but Jakob/Felicia/Gunter/Corn don't do anything since there aren't any supports. Elise and Camilla apparently affect the whole team, along with Demoiselle and Gentilhomme. Stuff like Heartseeker only works if that unit initiates combat though.

So regarding Savage Blow, I expected it to affect all the enemy team. My point is, Misfortunate is basically Anathema, which affected all the enemy team, and it affects all the enemies (or should affect, at least); so why Savage Blow only affects the enemy engaged in combat? It's basically Poison Strike, and that's lowering a high-tiered class skill to a lower-tiered class skill. Even adjacent auras affect all the team.

Yeah I think it theoretically should too. Although I think stuff like Camilla/Elise's skill should only affect adjacent allies in the formation and the same with stuff like inspiration (the only way to get a benefit from it for all your allies is to have the unit with inspiration in the middle of your formation). Camilla's and Elise's skills are already stupidly strong for a personal skill, I don't know why we're buffing them.

Edited by General Horace

Agreed, if we consider them throught portrait formation, then we should make a revision for all skills and apply the same treatment, but I wonder how will we do with stuff like Misfortunate that affects enemies within 2 tile radius.

Like:

AXXXX

FFBBB

If Arthur is A then Fs will suffer from -15 dodge.

Thoughts?

On another note, I would like to see Counter and Countermagic available. They don't work the same way as in Awakening. They only deal same dmg backwards only if the Counter unit is alive after combat. I tested this with both of them and I didn't get any dmg backwards when ORKO the enemy.

If Savage Blow / Misfortunate end up affecting the entire enemy party, there's no reason for the Flower skills not to affect the entire party of allies. That's not my problem with it though...

It basically makes Savage Blow the most desirable skill to have (with a whole party of units with this skill, you can basically reduce the whole opposing party to 1 HP in 5 turns) and makes Amaterasu / Renewal setups mandatory for any semblance of longevity.

Arthur also becomes the most wanted unit in the game, as +15 crit for all your units gives you a huge advantage and basically crosses out our earlier efforts to nerf critblicking in the metagame when we tried to keep the killer weaponry out.

the flower skills specifically have 1 range. Misfourtune/Savage blow specifically have 2 tile radius. It's very different. I don't like Arthur's skill very much either, and he has pretty ridiculous offensive stats. It'd be easier just to ban misfourtune imo. Savage Blow would probably be banned if it affected up to three units too. For the sake of keeping skills in the link arena meta, it might as well be treated like poison strike.

I'm still very adamant about Camilla/Elise's skills though. Hinoka's and Sakura's aura's are weaker but have greater range. The Nohrians just totally invalidate them.

Edited by General Horace

It's much easier to limit the auras by imagining the units to be standing in a certain formation, and this makes Hinoka and Sakura's auras stand up to the Nohrian princesses' somewhat. Just remember that it's not our aim to make everything viable. Before partner seals are in, using Camilla in your team is going to put you at a disadvantage because of the weakness to Snipers and Elise just doesn't have any classes with good durability in the same meta (partner seals make something like General Elise possible). Hinoka can go Spear Master on the other hand, and Sakura... idk, can be Omyoji or smth.

Misfortunate and Savage Blow should best continue affecting the unit's present target and nobody else.

Also Quint, I just tested Counter in-game. The damage is returned right after the attack, and apparently Counter and Counter Magic stack too (my Sorc MU attacked one of the C27 soldiers for 32 dmg and took 62 dmg back for a game over). Absolutely no reason to unban it since it's still broken af, but Counter Magic may stay because tomes don't play a very big role at all (they were much better in the Awakening meta). Not many people will even bother using magic to begin with.