Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to talk about a meta that features Partner/Friendship seals (but no skill purchase), and possibly host/play some games (I forget if I've played any Fates LA games yet).

With new skills and reclasses available, what would be the most dominant top tier units? Obviously, Corrin becomes even more than what Robin stood for in Awakening LA, but which characters would people be most tempted to add to their teams?

Look what I made tonight... A revised version of the old sorted skillset resource, except now we've got red ticks indicating the potential skills learnt from reclassing via Friendship Seals. Partner Seals aren't included and for a good reason, I think - the whole chart would be filled up with ticks, and it would be fairly meaningless.

You know who would be menacing in a Friendship/Partner Seal meta? General Mozu (married to Benny) with Seal Speed/Defence/Strength from A+ Oboro and of course Wary Fighter. Sorta like a mini Draconic Hex Corrin build.

Ffcvdfp.png

rWKLstM.png

- Arthur seems interesting with Wary Fighter, Renewal and Countermagic. With an Amaterasu unit, he'll restore half health per turn. Other skills like Pavise and Lucky Seven offer some versatility too.

- Azama, I don't like. Although Axefaire, Darting Blow, Quixotic and Rend Heaven can be heavy offense at player phase.

- Azura keeps being underwhelming with only Tomefaire and Inspiration. No offensive skill, she's just a support unit with Inspiration, Amaterasu, Demoiselle and idk.

- Benny looks meh. Standard General setup imo.

- Beruka looks cool with stuff like Lancefaire, Seal Spd/Def, Lifetaker and Bowbreaker. Opportunist, Lancefaire, Trample and Seals might be pretty punishing while attacking with Spear, appart from flower skills and Inspiration. That's +16 without taking flower skills into account, which might add a possible +20dmg without counter which is fucking big. I don't like her mods though.

- Camilla looks better. Now the queen of Breakers, Axefaire, Sol and Trample. Seems pretty legit as a Berserker, or even stay as a Wyvern or Malig, although Malig has meh stats. Or if you want a mixed attacker.

- Charlotte keeps seeing deadly. Death Blow, Axefaire, Trample, etc., plus Berserker makes her a strong offensive unit.

- Effie's access to Swordmaster and Sniper makes her better imo. Wary Fighter on a Sniper are a good pair. Sniping and stalling seems good on my eyes. Although, other units may be better stallers or better snipers.

- Elise as Sorcerer or Onmyoji seems good. With Tomefaire, Luna and Trample she now accentuates her offensive part. However, her personal skill favors being supportive. BUT, I have my eyes on her, because Wary Fighter, Tomefaire, Heartseeker, Inspiration, Trample and Nosferatu looks like a viable build. Attacking her would be pretty hard unless you proc insta death skill combos to one shot her, eitherway she'll recover with Nostanking.

- Swordmaster Felicia lol. Idk, what can I say.

- Flora is subject to Corrin so, she's the same old maid.

- ok I'm tired.

Idk, I've lost interest in Fates and its meta, even Fates LA. There's so much variety that people can play with so many builds. I prefer more limited options like GBA, they're simpler.

Besides, Fates' rng is different. For 0-49 hit it's pressumably 1RN, for 50-99 it's some stuff like (3A+B)/4, so we'll have to program that or use excel.

I think with marriages in, there's a ton more customisation involved and anybody can be a Zerker or Sniper for example. This is where max stat mods and the initially available skills step in to separate the best from the worse.

But yeah, we haven't really figured out what works and what doesn't in Fates, unlike in the GBA, PoR and Awakening metas. I guess there's no finding that out unless we play more games initiated by a productive discussion of the balance and character value and whatnot.

Mainly, it's difficult to decide what's Best because there's like eleventy bajillion options with the game's ginormous cast and debuff system making things far from static.

I think a good way to play the game and establish a metagame would be to have players either draft each other best or worst unit (worst for the opponent) or let the RNG decide who gets whom. This gets people to experiment with different skill and class combos too, all while giving a good idea what's effective and how to make a team with a one file (no skill purchase) limitation.

No clue how to use the new RNG formula yet though.

If only somebody named NINTALES did my game with Horse, things may have progressed quite a bit. Anyways, 2l8 imo.

Btw I like the RNGed teams idea, it may force us to use different setups.

Also, RNG should be easy Espi: if displayed hit equals 50% or less then use 1RN and apply as FE4/5, while if it's 51% or more then use 2RN with the formula (3A+B)/4 instead of the Average between A and B we used in the other metas; apparently the latter is the expression that suits most the way RNG behaves in Fates.

Edited by Quintessence

So guys,

thoughts on me building a Web-App version of my Link Arena sheets? I'm just starting to dabble in some web stuff for the GBA sheets, in hopes to boost activity by making this stupidly easy to host for anybody that has functioning eyes.

I'd totally appreciate it. Also, if I would be of any help within my time restrictions I'll gladly do so.

Btw, would it be daring if the main site has a section for it? As if everything is mixed on the SF site instead of having the simulator on a different website?

If I can put something reliable and very functional together, I'm sure it can be added somewhere to the main site!

For which FEs?

*Edit*

Screw it I'll just do them all anyway. I've been fiddling with a calculator that generates stats based on the amount of stats you gain based on a selectable amount of levels that you gain per class (since Dynamic growths, yada yada) If anything, it'll make MinMax'ing a bit easier to calculate with the absense of infinite statboosters. Of course, it'll only apply to FE11-14.

Edited by Elieson

I think Espi refers to Fates, because tbh it's kind of a mess to go to one page and another and manually calc each char's true max stats, or have 3 or 4 tabs openned. In that way, the site can have a menu a la Awakening to get the max stats per character per possible class (which should be a delicious and tedious mess).

Edit: also Happy Holidays Horse!

Edit 2: also Espi, I think you can remove the poll.

Edited by Quintessence

Oh, he wants my quick Max vs Avg stats calculator for Fates, like how I have set up in my awakening calculator. Sure, the battle calculations and stuff is a bit of a PITA, but in terms of preliminary numbers, my sheets get the job done.

I mean for Awakening we have pages like this:

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/growth-rates/full/

or this one

http://serenesforest.net/awakening/characters/maximum-stats/complete/

...since you said you wanted to put up a page that would be displayed on the website, I thought maybe such resources would be nice?

I have this bookmark for growths and averages - https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/hiushi/FE14AverageStats/blob/master/index.html - but it's old and there are some problems with it like:

1) the lack of DLC classes like DF and, uh, DF

2) Azura reclassing doesn't work

3) Confusing menus with the same units listed multiple times

4) Old Japanese names

• 1 month later...

So anyone in the mood to get some Fates LA games done in the nearest future? I could host or play, whatever.

Summer's basically the only time of the year where free time is an existing concept in my life, so it's basically now or never (OR this summer or the next one).

• 1 month later...

I, actually, would really like to set up a battle between two FE4 characters (preferably best out of 12, but I understand if that's a lot of work)...

Sigurd (w/Tyrfing equipped. Skill is Pursuit): 62 HP, 25 Str, 1 Mag, 23 + 10 Skill, 19 + 10 Spd, 17 Lck, 19 Def, 4 + 20 Res

vs.

Alvis (w/Falaflame equipped. Skills are Nihil and Continue): 65 HP, 15 Str, 30 + 10 Mag, 27 Skl, 30 Spd, 0 Lck, 9 + 10 Def, 25 + 10 Res

Would you be able to make it happen Espinosa? If not, thanks for your time, and God bless you!

Edited by FionordeQuester

Wait, nvm, I found this: https://www.random.org/integers/?num=100&min=0&max=100&col=1&base=10&format=html&rnd=new

So using that, I found the following results...

Alvis (Falaflame equipped, skills are Continue and Nihil):

Alvis.PNG

VS.

Sigurd (Tyrfing equipped, skill is Pursuit)

Sigurd.PNG

UNIT        CLASS          HP STRENGTH MAGIC     SKILL     SPEED     LUCK DEFENSE  RESIST     LEADERSHIP HIT EVADE
ALVIS       SAGE           66 15       (30 + 10) 27        30        0    (9 + 10) (25 + 10)  5 STARS    174 70
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SIGURD      LORD KNIGHT    63 25       1         (22 + 10) (19 + 10) 17   19       (4 + 20)   2 STARS    154 71

Round 1: Alvis goes first (93), Alvis does 46 (53), Alvis activates Continue (10), Alvis kills Sigurd (83)!

Round 2: Alvis goes first (61), Alvis does 46 (16), Continue doesn't activate (62), Sigurd does 36 (75), Sigurd kills Alvis (forgot to record RN)!

Round 3: Sigurd goes first (18), Sigurd does 36 (68), Alvis does 46 (61), Continue doesn't activate (39), Sigurd kills Alvis (27)!

Round 4: Alvis goes first (93), Alvis does 46 (96), Continue doesn't activate (70), Sigurd does 36 (42), Sigurd kills Alvis (16)!

Round 5: Sigurd goes first (27), Sigurd does 36 (4), Alvis does 46 (76), Alvis activates Continue (29), Alvis kills Sigurd (33)!

Round 6: Alvis goes first (76), Alvis does 46 (5), Continue doesn't activate (87), Sigurd does 36 (4), Sigurd kills Alvis (52)!

Round 7: Alvis goes first (89), Alvis does 46 (63), Alvis activates Continue (15), Alvis kills Sigurd (57)!

Round 8: Alvis goes first (58), Alvis does 46 (9), Continue doesn't activate (54), Sigurd misses (87), Sigurd does 36 (67), Alvis kills Sigurd (94)!

Round 9: Alvis goes first (57), Alvis does 46 (9), Continue doesn't activate (91), Sigurd does 36 (23), Sigurd kills Alvis (77)!

Roudn 10: Alvis goes first (71), Alvis does 46 (37), Continue doesn't activate (93), Sigurd misses (86), Sigurd does 36 (23), Alvis kills Sigurd (27)!

Round 11: Sigurd goes first (39), Sigurd misses (96), Alvis does 46 (91), Continue doesn't activate (74), Sigurd does 36 (13), Sigurd kills Alvis (16)!

Round 12: Sigurd goes first (19), Sigurd does 36 (71), Alvis does 46 (68), Alvis activates Continue (16), Alvis kills Sigurd (30)!
Alvis wins 50% of the matches, Sigurd wins 50%! Dang...it's an even split!
Edited by FionordeQuester

• 4 weeks later...